IBD's Mini Grow Journal - OP Jane Mayne

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by IBlazeDaily, Jul 7, 2006.

1. OP JANE MAYNE

Okay, so I got sick of reading all of these websites and GC members talking about you have to go out and invest in this and that in order to successfully grow anything. Don't mistake my previous statement as any disrespect towards indoor growing, in fact I'm planning on the same thing. The purpose of my thread is not to compare indoor to outdoor but rather to simply prove to myself if I can grow a natural plant outside with the key natural ingredients:

• Soil
    • Sun Light
    • and Water.

Keep mind, i'm a new comer to anything grow related. I've never done this before. I'm hoping that my findings will encourage even more outdoor growth in the future seasons and prepare me for the big challenge, indoor growth!

DAY ? - OP JAYNE MAYNE (PRE)

Exhibit A:

[​IMG]

As you can see, I choose not to start from this angle. The sunlight did not appear to shine very bright much often on this side of the porch from my observations.

DAY 3 - OP JAYNE MAYNE

Exhibit B:

[​IMG]

I choose a location with direct sunlight 16+ hours of the day. I germinated my seeds using the ceramic coffee mug over 24 hour method. I wasn't sure how many would sprout so I planted 4 in each peat pot at a square angle. I put miracle grow feeders in the middle so the nutrients would spread evenly.

DAY ? - OP JAYNE MAYNE (Miscellaneous Picture)

Exhibit C:

[​IMG]

Imagine the whole street on the right and left sides with trees in front of everyone's yard. I have sort of a small theory and that is since my plants are right up at the top level of the trees they could possibly be receiving vital and nutrient filled oxygen? Maybe...

DAY 17 - OP JAYNE MAYNE

Exhibit D:

[​IMG]

From the peat pots 16 plants sprouted! Unfortunately for me I ruined 2 transporting them from peat pots to this bigger pot. I lost 6 additional plants yesterday when I put straws and zip ties around the plants. Again, I am a new comer when it comes to growing period so I will make mistakes. As you can see after two and a half weeks I'm left with 7 plants that seem to be doing okay thus far.

Exhibit E:

[​IMG]

Nice close up picture of the young leafs.

Exhibit D:

[​IMG]

Another nice close up of the young leafs.

2. uppin... :wave:

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

3. I'd personally have them in their own seperate pots.. I dont think its too good too put transplanting them all the time. They look good so far though :)

4. looking good!!!

are you planning on keeping them out side?.. or on the porch.

and they look like they are starting to streach.. so put them some where with allmost all day sun. and you should keep them in different containers because transplanting them is too stressfull.. but plant them at a lower level then what they sit now.. this way there is less stem above the surface and could halp with the streaching.

(upon re looking your pictures add more dirt too' that helps with the streaching because the side of the container shades the plants..even more so in a window )

5. your going to experience slow ass growth, 7 in 1 pot, what are you thinking?

6. I wouldn't of tied that to them. Just spray them witha lite mist and that will strengthen the stem. Watch at the twist ties don't cut into the plant stems.. If my plants got to have al that care. They get ripped out of the ground. I am not going to prop something up that shouldn't have any problems standing. It is awfully late to be starting thes are you going to finish them inside or are they earlygirls? How old are they now?

7. Just a little tidbit:

Plants take in carbon dioxide, put out oxygen

Humans take in oxygen, put out carbon dioxide

:p

No worries though, you'll do great but transplant them quickly. All the roots are gonna get tangled.

8. Not TOTALLY correct. When they are photosynthesising, which only happens in daylight, the above is correct.

Plants do, however, also respire, when they absorb O2 and emit CO2.

But overall plants are net producers of O2.

9. Due to work and life's bullshit I was unable to make any prior posts. I am happy to announce the new growth I've gotten! Bare with me as I am a bit blazed right now (I'll post about that in a separate thread), but never-the-less I will explain how I got to Day 26!

I listened to the great advice from blacklight, APalmer, ctcoyote16, Spanishfly and my friends over at boxden.com (trimming the pot down because the plants were being blocked by the pot from receiving full light, spreading some of the plants out and a little TLC). My results are below:

Day 18 (After reading feedback, I trimmed the pot so the sun could fully shine on the plants):

[​IMG]

Day 18 (Another shot):

[​IMG]

Day 17 & Day 1 (New growth!):

[​IMG]

Day 17 & Day 1 (New Growth! Another shot...):

[​IMG]

Day 17 & Day 1 (New Growth! Yet again, another shot...):

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 24 & Day 7 (Still Growing...):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures of new growth coming tonight / tomorrow.

10. uppin...feedback would be appreciated!

11. Look kinda small

12. u gotta put em in seperate pots but ok

13. Does anyone think these plants have any chance of budding? What should I do to make sure I can harvest these? Should I move them inside? I'm from Cleveland, Ohio and the sun / heat wont leave till the end of September, they've been growing for about 27 days now...

14. i dont c any pics