Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Breathalyzer--Where is it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by miscbrah3284, Mar 13, 2012.

1. go away copper

2. Well it's illegal to drive under the influence of any drug. My ex girlfriend took a couple prescription pills (Aspergers and depression) and she was legally under the influence and could be charged with a DUI.
    I would think they can treat weed the same :smoke:

3. Well it would be impossible... It isn't metabolized through the breath like alcohol is. See my above post...

4. strong idiot

I just think they need to come up with a way to test whether you are high on it at the time of being pulled over, not just smelling it and that being enough for them to do a search and possibly arrest you, then you fail urine/blood test no matter what.

I dont think legalization will happen unless a new way of testing whether youre under the influence or not is created. People arent going to be ok with knowing now everybody could be driving around high, regardless of how much less life threatening that is versus alcohol. It's also bullshit that anybody could be driving around fucked up outa their mind on pharmaceuticals and but people dont seem to be bitching about those fuckers, but driving high on marijuana would be such a huge fucking deal!

5. Everyone drives around high now anyway

6. i dont really want it legalized...i live in california and things are fine just the way they are...its already decriminalized...id rather not have the government regulate access to this lovely plant....dispensaries are great ive had my medical rec since i was 18,ive been pulled over a few times and i had an oz on me and i was allowed to keep it...what more do these people want in this state?

and to stay on topic i agree with op,if its legalized a "weed" breathalyzer or some other type of instant test would become integrated into the cops arsenal....FUCK THAT...legal doesnt always mean better, if its ever legalized i guarantee you after awhile everyones gonna wish it went back to the way it was

7. just decriminalize it, and marijuana breathalyzer is a real dumb idea, they just make u take blood test

8. Maybe not a breathalyzer but I'm sure science can find a fast and easy way to check if people are high, it's not impossible, just unlikely in the way we're thinking of.

9. Not everyone on this site lives in Cali, I live in Texas where being in the same car that someone has weed in (even if you don't know about it) will result in the same punishment as them.

10. Sup with that, bra?

11. i never said everyone lives in cali man, did i? i was talking about california, at least i think i was...hmmm lets see

12. but ya that sucks man ive heard texas is the worst state to be a stoner

13. [quote name='"Jrgong"']

Maybe not a breathalyzer but I'm sure science can find a fast and easy way to check if people are high, it's not impossible, just unlikely in the way we're thinking of.[/quote]

This is pretty much what i meant. Just some sort of tool that can test whether you're high at the time, like how a breathalizer works, but maybe not necessarily the same thing. Make more sense guys?

14. We get what you want, it's not a complex idea at all. It just sucks to talk about things that would get us busted, digggggg?

15. Ah my bad man, and yeah Texas is a pretty terrible state to be a stoner in unless you live in like Austin lol

16. With the apparent danger of marijuana being paraded through the media every opportunity they get, it would make sense that they would make a marijuana breathalyzer. Guess it really isn't that big a deal at all.

Stoned drivers do not cause nearly as much havoc as drunk drivers and law enforcement officials know that. A person who is pulled over while stoned is more likely to be more passive and less aggressive than one who is pulled over drunk. The only reason why anti-prohibitionists still use the tired old "stoned drivers are a significant harm to society" is because they have little other dirt left. As our generation gets older and more of them try marijuana, they will realize that it was all bunch of bullshit.

Its only a matter of time...

Yeah, the only place I'd live in Texas is Austin. I wouldn't consider any other place maybe with the exceptions of El Paso or Corpus Christi.

17. There actually is something like this being invented. It's a finger print scanner that tests the oils coming off your hands and tells you what you're on at the time. They've been very accurate with testing it on cig smokers for nicotine. I can't remember where I saw the article but I'm sure if you google it you'll find something

18. what a dumb fucking idea. sorry.

as if we don't have enough shit to deal with. piss, blood, saliva, hair, i don't need breath to be another thing to stress about.

how about legalization. just legalization. no "legalization w/ breathalyzer". just pure, simple, happy legalization.

19. [quote name='"Blazed4dayz"']I saw the title...figured it was a troll..found out your serious.

WTF is wrong with you? Why the hell would you even wonder or think about such an evil contraption? If created, it won't do good, but bad.

So in conclusion,
    WTF is wrong with you?[/quote]

Well, I mean, look at it this way. Us stoners have this habit of doing everything high. While we know this isn't too damaging on our perception of reality, should we actually be driving while we're high, or going to work high, etc? Probably not. In most cases at least.

Not to mention that the op is right. One big anti-legalization argument last election in Cali was that they were worried about dui's from weed. If This were ever possible, this would calm them down.

It would be a biiiiitch, as I also enjoy doing my daily activities high, but I can see a few positives. Whether or not they outweigh the negatives is a personal opinion though. I'm not too sure myself.

20. Your body metabolizes alcohol through the liver, not your breath. Don't you know why alcoholics suffer from cirrhosis and liver failure :confused:? The reason alcohol is detectable through a breathalyzer is because it samples the air from your lungs, where there would be alcohol because air meets blood in the lungs.