Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wet resin

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadowkid, Mar 12, 2012.

1. #1 shadowkid, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    I know i know, smoking resin is very bad for you, But id like to catch a buzz before tonight when i get more trees.

So the question is, if I have a glass pipe and the resin is very gooey, should i scrape it out, let it dry, then smoke? Or, how would you suggest I res it?

Any advice appreciated.

P.S. I dont usually res unless ive got no tree left, too messy. So what would be the best / easiest* way?

2. When I scrape my pipe of resin it's usually dried out, the best way I would say is to scrape it with a paper clip. Let it dry out if its really wet, you might want to get a card to pick it all up at once and put it in your bowl or you can press it together to make a "res ball" and pack that. I find just using the card is easier though and avoids the mess :p

3. Let it dry. You CAN smoke wet resin, but i wouldnt.

4. Okay thanks for the input. If i put a paper clip in there, it will come out in "globs". and it doesn't seem to want to dry out from just sitting in there. Any way i could speed up the drying process so i can scrape it out? I would do a resin ball but am inexperienced with the process.

5. Whenever I smoke resin I heat up my pipe in hot water. It's easier to get it out that way. I use a toothpick to scrape it out, and roll it up into a ball. I'll then proceed to smoke it while it's wet. It conserves it because once your done lighting it the water will keep it from turning to ember and continuously burning.

6. It's not really any worse for you, just tastes bad.

7. Yeah, smoking wet res makes my lungs hurt (literally) and makes me cough pretty bad.

Trying to find a way to get it out after it dries or somehow dry it so its easy to get out. (its a bunch of MUCK in there, all goop.

8. Maybe if i put the pipe in the freezer for a half hr? Would that harden the res?

9. Twist the paper clip around in the pipe to help break up the globs, it should be able to fall out easier after that. A resin ball is just pressing all of the resin you scraped from your pipe then rolling it together to form a ball, if you want to smoke it right after scraping the only thing I can think of would be to pack a bowl and put your lighter close to the bowl but not actually lighting it for 5 seconds. Circle the bowl with the lighter so you can get all of it dry, hope that helps.

10. My problem is the res is basically goop / watery but it is res (not a water pipe at all so no water mixed in) but the res is basically like syrup.

11. Apprentice Forums

The best way is to boil it out. All the res will come to the top of the pot (pun) and you can just scrape it out.

12. smoking that shit is just like snorting bong water... dont do it, some some fresh flowers :)

13. [quote name='"shadowkid"']I know i know, smoking resin is very bad for you, But id like to catch a buzz before tonight when i get more trees.

So the question is, if I have a glass pipe and the resin is very gooey, should i scrape it out, let it dry, then smoke? Or, how would you suggest I res it?

Any advice appreciated.

P.S. I dont usually res unless ive got no tree left, too messy. So what would be the best / easiest* way?[/quote]

when i clean the resin out of my stem i put it on some paper for about a day n the paper will absorb alot of the water n makes it easier to smoke

14. Snorting bong water?

Seriously I've smoked resin and I would never snort bong water so yea....

Anyways incoming RESIN bash thread in.

15. Paper towel will dry it pretty good.

16. if you really have to smoke resin wet, you can.

just roast it with a torch until it starts milkin.

17. Hey, whatever works for you.  It's like eating garbage out of a dumpster but whatever floats your boat.
    Contrary to the above it IS worse for you though.  It's not even resin.  It's the tars left over from the herb.  Yes there's a bit of cannabinoids left but it's mostly all the toxic waste products that collect from the smoke.

18. Its the same as what your inhaling

19. Smoking wet/gooey resin out of a banger/nails works best , bad for your piece and is hard to clean but comes in handy when your dry on bud . I would suggest melting the resin a few times before you smoke it , helps it melt better when you Smoke it .

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. OP is 8 years old & smoking resin is disgusting dude.. you're basically smoking tar & the "high" you get is from lack of oxygen when inhaling the stuff.