Here's the quick recap so that nobody has to read a paragraph:
- Friend S has liked H for years now, always had a soft spot and a crush on her
- H dated S's friend and S and H stopped hanging out as much
- H broke up with said friend recently and S wanted another chance
- H friend zoned S in the past and still to this day
- H started hanging out with S again and I was with S 90% of the time so I became friends with H also
- H started texting me and asking me questions about my life through text messages and that made S extremely jealous
- H invited me to drink and go bowling with her, without S
- Plans fell through and we ended up at S's house as we usually do
- After leaving S's house, S asked me not to do anything with H and I gave him my word
- H and I met up because we had never really hung out with each other other then at S's house
- The next day S found out we hung out exclusively and was ready to befriend me
- Talked S down and now he says he wants nothing to do with H and I shouldn't be friends with her anymore because he is still hurt over it
Now here is my input on the situation. H doesn't have to many friends, and she was best friends with S. Well from my understanding, S was only friends with her because he wanted something more. Now who she thought was her best friend doesn't want anything to do with her, solely because the relationship wont turn into more. I never had any intentions of doing anything aside from hanging out and chilling, just as we do at S's house, at my place or hers. We even talked about it and I told her first that I wanted nothing to do with her besides hanging out and being actual friends and she agreed. S thought I was trying to steal his girl, when in reality I was just trying to make another friend for myself.
Does anyone else think S over reacted about the whole situation? I talked him down from slashing my tires or never talking to me again, but he said he will be pissed if I hang out with her again. I think it's kind of selfish that he won't let me just be friends with somebody solely because they wouldn't date him. What do you blades think about this whole situation? Any advice on what I can do to talk S into letting me hang out with her? She's like one of the guys to me, so it would be like her saying the same shit about S to me.