Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Marijuana - TRUE side effects

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chsreds, Mar 9, 2012.

1. @[member="Killzone"] I used to be exactly the same. stressing like mad when I ran out scraping out grinders and looking in my empty baggies for crumbs. Im up to day 15 now and feel great for it. Sleeping patterns are getting back to normal aside from the occasional trippy dream I might wake up from and still getting quite irritable at times I feel like the worst of it is behind me. My house mate was actually ripping bongs in front of me while i was having a cig and was not even tempted.

2. I stopped for 6 months a few years back and had serious depression. I'm pretty sure that was just poor timing with stuff going on.
    Friends of mine that have stopped smoking have the "wishing you were high" feeling all the time, nothing serious from  personal experiences though.

3. 4 years straight of daily use, 1 time a day minimum, 5 times a day at most, and on average 2 times a day I'd say. My methods vary, mostly vaporization, but I stopped that a week ago, and only edibles now. Edibles, vaporizer, once a month I'll do joints with the homeys or bowls... 

people who've quit cold turkey, I have to go cold turkey for a week starting tuesday this week for travels what to expect and advice?? 

4. I'm on a forced break right now do to loss of connects, and I have stopped before with little side effects but since I've been smoking much more consistently stopping is harder now.

I haven't smoked in 4 days and the only problems I've had is minor insomnia, extreme headaches, and mood changes.

Only a week? Man up, it's not crack.

6. Personally I have more trouble sleeping, get bored easier, and sometimes find myself getting irritated at small things.

7. LMAO... #truth truth truth truth... 

Just gotta remember its all in my head, I haven't vaporized or smoke in a week so far. Things I notice are very irritable, mood swings... night sweats but no issue sleeping really still sleep 8-9 hours a night. Lack of appetite I guess, but can force food down. 

I was expecting it to be a lot worse based on what people have said in this thread but I'm starting to feel that's all psychological

get bored easier check, irritated at small things check... and lack of appetite those are the main ones. Curious about this pure life without mary jane lets see what its all about til the 26th!

8. How do people have short term memory loss AFTER quitting?

When I smoke a lot my memory is very cloudy but when I take breaks I feel very clear-minded.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. ^
    exactly. Memory loss is not being able to remember at all, even when mentioned by someone else. 
    My memories get cloudy, but if i think back I will always remember whatever I want to remember. Just a cloudy version of it :p

my side effects are:
    very irritated, , loss of appetite,  can't sleep and sweating at night.
    symptoms last 3 days to a week. 

10. I quit once for six months and once for 18 months, basically mine were appetite loss and very weird dreams. After the last time I quit, my tolerance is not what it used to be.

11. during my rare tolerance breaks, i sweat alot in my sleep

12. I haven't gotten high since Thursday...

Haven't noticed anything different other than I dreamed last night and remembered some of it.

13. Okay I'm now back from my trip overseas to the UAE. Couldn't take any weed with me, and didn't attempt to buy any there, it was a break - 8 days off. Anyway I experienced minimal effects if that... not sure why this was. I am a habitual toker, 3 times a day most days... everyday for 4 years on going... at least once a day on the days where I do it the least but on average twice a day I'd say. Very habitual consider myself a heavy user. 

I guess the only thing I noticed was eating was a little tougher... other than that nothing. Didn't feel irritable either, no difficulty sleeping, no other problems. Going to have my first toke later tonight and see how high I get after taking the 8 days off. 

I now 1000% believe weed is not addicting, if I can drop it like that so easily being as heavy a user as I am - anyone can.

14. bottomline is it's all psychological - good to know

15. I've let Marijuana ruin me. I started smoking after my first year in college, had only smoked like 2 times prior to that in HS. It started off as a thing to do at night time with friends, go out for a cruise, grab some food, come back and make hanging out more fun. It was a nice way for me to relax and I enjoyed the bonding experience of it with my friends. Now after 5 years of daily, heavy use (2-4 grams a day on avg) I feel like its time to quit and get my life straightened out. It's almost like I was okay with my life spiraling out of control because, well whatever I'd just get baked and it wouldn't be so bad. But lately every time I go to smoke, there is like a voice in my head telling me I really do want to quit right now, but I'd just rip the bong and that voice would soon disappear.

Just sick of feeling like scum, I definitely see myself smoking again, but hopefully when I have my own place and when I don't let it effect other parts of my life. Thanks for listening.

16. Yup. Every time I buy a Q it's 'always the last one '

I've noticed that for two to three days after quitting I get super crabby and stupid things will set me off

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. The only thing that changes when I go into a t break are my dreams, I get this Craaazy dreams, I love em. Other than that the first two days kinda suck (I get a bit irritated for stupid things and bored if I have nothing to keep myself bussy with), but after those 2 days it's all good :)

18. Almost felt offensed from op's post, cause i really had BAD PHYSICAL withdrawal symptoms, so i decided to register on the forum.

I can tell you OP, that the withdrawals can really be freaking bad, if you've been smoking A LOT for years, and now i mean like 3-5 grams from a bong a night every day for years. So when u smoke, it makes u only FEEL NORMAL, not high at all.

Even with less than 2 grams a day, did not give me bad withdrawals, only felt hard to sleep, and loss of appetite. and little night sweats.

I'm on 17th day of quitting cold turkey from 3grams a day now, and first week i rly felt sick, my resting heart rate was more than 100 all the time, HOT FLUSHES REALLY EXISTS, i was sweating like a pig, feeling like my skin was burning on my face, neck and ears. Not getting any sleep or felt any hunger. Had so bad anxiety attacks, i almost felt i'm going crazy. 80% of time i felt so spaced out, that u can't even imagine.

Second week was a bit easier, but still severe anxiety attacks, and sweating occurred.

Now, i still have a slight higher heart rate, but it's going down every day.

And ofcourse this does not mean, everyone would get these. But i really did get worse withdrawals than with months of benzodiazepine use.

19. Bun rips is right its all in your head, the worst you can get is cravings. Herb is not a strong narcotic.

20. #200 Sabe, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    Day 7 of my t-break. I started my t-break because one bowl wasn't doing much for me anymore. I was planning on smoking when my new roll of hemp wick came in the mail. I missed the UPS guy yesterday... So as soon as he comes today, I'm sparking up my bong.

I smoke at least 1 bowl a night. Each bowl is .25 or less of dank and I'll be good until bedtime. Unless I lose the high, then I'll pack another bowl. It used to be worse when I smoked blunts. Had to roll 2-3 .7ish blunts to stay lifted for just a few hours.

I occasionally skip a day, here or there.. But never two days unless I'm trying. One time this past summer, I stopped smoking for 5 days (longest t break that I can remember). I smoked a blunt and a bowl from my bong with my cousin and her man. I was fucked up. We were watching Netflix and I couldn't stop moving my legs. They kept shaking and I couldn't control it. Great high, though.

As for withdrawal symptoms, I'm not hungry at all. I have to remind myself to eat. Even when I feel hunger pains, I still don't have the desire to eat. I also have a mild (but nonetheless annoying) headache. It's harder to wake up in the morning. Also had a little back pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum