Collab List of High Quality Glass Makers

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bballnut413, Mar 5, 2012.

1. thats cuz its not in the same boat as sovereignty or a heady piece...not hating. he has goodline work and shit...but if im dropping more than 300, those welds should look clean as fuck..

2. EFS for sure.

Also love me some Talon, Korey, Chunk, Dosa...

3. Your right it exceeds if anything. Sick heady if anything. I Know TONS of DWB owners that can say theyd rather hit a DWB than a Sov or Tor .

4. really..exceeds? thats a pretty bold statement. lets not take this personal..its just a tube. were not talking about a Buck fish. Do you represent DWB or something..

like i said he does good linework. thats the reason i got one of his tubes in the first place. was it an amazing hit..no..thats why i bought a stemline! the linework was great...terminations were on point. I wasnt happy with the horns that were on the piece..didnt remind me of any horns id ever seen. i really didnt even use it..just appreciated it from time to time..ended up selling it to start glassblowing.

Awesome that you know so many dwb owners....not being cocky here but I know tons of glassblowers who dont get stuck on the logo of a peice like some kids that come on here.
    after seeing endless amounts of tubes coming and going ive started to notice that i dont even care about the hit to much...i just want to get high..but the art that passes through the shop always catches my eye..from the cheapest one hitter to one of Mercs head pieces

appreciate the art not the logo..

ever hear of production headies?? the chinese are doing them. do you think that some chinese companies should be on this list because it has a worked joint?? what would you define as heady.?

5. #25 REBL626, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
    Out of the Sov's that ive hit and the Dwb's ive hit i can say the Sovs stack nicely but the Dwbs stack better for my personal preference. With SOV it looks like people are appreciating the Logo and not the Art. SOV has came out with some sick collabs like the collab with Royal was really dope.At the end of the day i can say no one has a piece like mine and sometimes thats not the case with Sov No ones getting personal man i just wondered why no one said DWB :smoke:

6. i know what you mean by people appreciating the sov. logo. its getting there...sovereignty is sorta different though..scientific glass. not really art. great flower pieces but they suck huevos for oil. besides the recycler.

it is all about personal preference. if someone really likes a dwb and they cant stop looking at the work than by all means go for it. its fucntional, nice art and made in america..they are good tubes that got me high. there were just somethings that "I" personally wasnt ecstatic about.

the only thing is that he probably has so many orders that he cant really sit there and perfect all that he is doing. if he did.. his prices would probably go up and some people wouldnt be able to afford his tubes..and some people dont want to spend 1000 on a well known heady artist.

7. Merc and J-Red aren't on the list i think.

8. Thats the part that gets me is that Sov is Scientific and i love the lightness and the way they smoke. The recyclers are something else too just one of a kind they make em beautifully.The thing i like is that its a very limited amount that goes out and a limited of shops that carry em.You either get them or you dont but theyre getting up there. Enough said may the list go on

9. I like this back and forth convo @REBL626 @tangerine laugh

You guys are comparing DwB and Sov, I agree with you both although i have never hit either. I am buying a scientific piece in acouple days and was wondering what you guys would recomend? I like the toro 7/13 but I dont want to be paying for the logo (to many glassblowers in that company). I dont have access to dwb or @Qualab but i do have a lhs that sells itza, toro, nate dizzle, phx, sgw, sheldon ect. I have owned many beakers but am now thinking about a stemless. Ideas?

10. definitely go for a stemless. I'd say checkout the sgw and itza from that^ list. But really just look around the shop and see what tickles your fancy. I'm sure something will pop at ya. Thats the best part about having high end glass in your lhs. You can actually see and feel it before buying. Im sure theyd let you do a water test too if you show you're actually serious about buying it

11. Oh definitely, I am really good business for them. They know when i walk through the door that im dropping a stack, i should have no problem with a water test :p

They have some nice sgw waffles, and worked itzas so that's where il look first

12. #32 Capital, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012

The 7/13 is a great piece, it filters well and retains more taste than a circ normally will.

It has real thick glass and is just flat out a great piece. If you were to purchase a 7/13 you can rest assured you are buying a very quality tube and though it may have a the toro label you are not just paying for the name. I have never personally tipped mine over but there are many posts and videos about those who have dropped theirs without any breakage. The glass is just very thick and well done.

The circ-circ version is also really nice if you prefer a circ over perc in terms diffusion.

If your strictly buying from a LHS, from what you listed I don't think (in my opinion) there will be much better all around tube than the toro 7/13 or circ-circ, again my opinion. Feel the tubes for yourself, feel the weight of the 7/13 or circ-circ and look at the base of it, the extra reinforcement and weight balance to prevent tips etc.

If I was buying a tube today, it'd be a Sov peyote pillar or a DWB circ to double circ. My next choice would be another piece from mobius. If I had only access to the brands you listed at the LHS, it would be the 7/13 or circ-circ hands down.

I would hold off until they have a sale to bring down some of the horrid markup LHS's usually tag on pieces or make them haggle and give you 20-30% off.

I would be careful with the Itza pieces, just make sure you read reviews for the specific piece your looking into. I am not trying to bash them or anything of that nature but I have read several reviews that their pieces can have considerable amounts of splash *though I have never personally taken a hit from one*.

13. Thanks for the input Capital.

What i should have said was my buddy has a 7/13 and i really enjoy it.

I will definitely check the circ to circ. although as the CCC said, "Its not as good as the 7/13".

I'm not quite sure how much knowledge they actually have but would you say the circ has more drag or less?

14. #34 Capital, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    The circ-circ will have less drag and be a much "airier" hit than the 7/13. I wouldn't say its not as good by any means, its just different and a different preference. They both have their pro's and cons, I prefer a tube with a little bit of drag, and prefer the retained taste that doesn't get filtered out as badly. The circ-circ definitely filters better and provides a smoother hit, it's all just preference. Ask your LHS to fill the circ-circ(or whatever piece you end up being interested in, before buying it) up with water so you can demo it and compare to what you remember from your friends 7/13.

Also, I found the video I had seen demonstrating the reinforced stems and tree percs toro is putting on these now:

sickofthis.mp4 video by jpglass - Photobucket

15. What the hell man!!!!:( that was so hard to watch:( i cringed every drop.

16. Haha yeah I did too, brutal but that thing took a beating before he actually dropped it from shoulder height to break it.

The article explained that these guys were given that tube to do that by toro as part of their R&D after they started using the reinforced stems and trees :smoke:

17. Thats awesome, imma use this video as a reference to all those haters.

18. Just wondering where Ehle bongs would be mentioned in this conversation, Im from Canada, and i've hitten RooR bongs, Red eye, Gear, etc. And i don't find RooR much better then Ehle , I own an Ehle, paid 180 off a buddy who was selling it, and to be honest it's the best investment in a bong i've purchased.

19. bump...
    can i get a response please...

20. blaze
    weed star
    pure
    cheech