Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

UK growers Unite

automan142

automan142

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,571 posts
Is every1 switchin t hydro then or wat?

Similar Topics: UK growers Unite     x

MrNice1

MrNice1

• Registered Upgraded
  • 889 posts

Couple of quick questions guys,

1- how long should a seed (ladyburn1974) take to 'pop' in the tissue/DVD method. Currently on day 5 and still nothing?

2- what does anybody using a NFT system use to stop the noise of the runoff back into tray without affecting the roots or feed?

Seems daft questions but cheers in advance.

When I done ladyburn 1974 I just done it straight in the lil root it plugs in a an old coca cola fridge/heater with the heatin on sporadically n it popped in like 2 days 5 days is ages :(

ponyslaystation

ponyslaystation

im not really a pony...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,166 posts
Automan are you from yorkshire by any chance?

automan142

automan142

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,571 posts

Automan are you from yorkshire by any chance?

No man Ptown

grosfrag

grosfrag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,398 posts

I have been reading about aeroponics, but dont tell the girls haha

automan142

automan142

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,571 posts

I have been reading about aeroponics, but dont tell the girls haha

You know what so have i, im thinkin about convertin my aero cloner into holdin jus 4 plants whit a more secure top to it and the have a bash at a full run usin that. Bin thinkin it over for a while now tbh m8

grosfrag

grosfrag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,398 posts

You know what so have i, im thinkin about convertin my aero cloner into holdin jus 4 plants whit a more secure top to it and the have a bash at a full run usin that. Bin thinkin it over for a while now tbh m8

I think I might move to coco after some experience with watering / nuting soil. It's handy with longer watering time as im racing alot this year so won't be here quite a few weekends

cottoncandyman

cottoncandyman

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Yep, soil ok but have done that now and can see the benefits of hydro, would imagine i will get the hang of it by october!

Guest_Twofoot_*

Guest_Twofoot_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

No. Wherever and whatever I grow will allways be soil. I could go on about the pros of soil etc... But what it really boils down to is that I'm a really really lazy fucker and soil is so easy. ;)

Sherak

Sherak

skate'n'bake

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,702 posts
Soil is king guys.... commercial croppers need hydro like Tesco need GM products etc etc, if you do grow to sell then there is no argument against hydro/aero however if you only grow personal then organic/soil is the only real option (Its just so fucking easy and produces the best end product!)

And in the perfect world there wouldn't be any commercial croppers cos everyone would be organically growing in their greenhouses over summer and there would be an abundance of free weed for all!

Pharma Green

Pharma Green

and the hoe

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Whoop de whoop whoop!!
Just finished the chop :-D
I felt like Luke Skywalker going into the jedi temple with bad intentions! Got some very sticky fingers now :-)

Attached Thumbnails

• ForumRunner_20130109_005115.png
  • ForumRunner_20130109_005134.png

grosfrag

grosfrag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,398 posts
Are you drying them under light? I heard light destroys THC after the chop?

grosfrag

grosfrag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,398 posts
Stunning tho mate love that colour

Scottish

Scottish

Apprentice expert

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,401 posts
Surely coco is every bit as easy to work with that soil is but you get much better results with coco. I done a few in soil last run as ran out of coco when repotting and there was a noticeable difference in the coco's favour.

grosfrag

grosfrag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,398 posts

Surely coco is every bit as easy to work with that soil is but you get much better results with coco. I done a few in soil last run as ran out of coco when repotting and there was a noticeable difference in the coco's favour.

An improved flavour or just different soil for me is handy as I can't always get at my girls all the time and sometimes I need to be away for 4/4 days

grosfrag

grosfrag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,398 posts
Also, after getting home last night. Picking some bud and I rolled a lovely joint. It didn't have much flavour, im assuming quick dry is to blame. But very smooth, long lasting and a very happy high. And the best bit is I didnt have to see anywhere or hand over money. I was chuffed although the firsy grow wasn't a soaring successes, it's a start and I dont plan on stopping ! I'd like to thank my family , Jesus and UK growers unite for getting me going haha

Pharma Green

Pharma Green

and the hoe

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Are you drying them under light? I heard light destroys THC after the chop?

No that was just for the pic. Nice and dark in there now.
Anyone know the best room temp for drying?

grosfrag

grosfrag

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,398 posts

No that was just for the pic. Nice and dark in there now.
Anyone know the best room temp for drying?

22c with airflow and 40% humidity I think. I'd check though im fairly spaced out

Sherak

Sherak

skate'n'bake

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,702 posts

For the worse? Were you using organic nutes? Coco favours inorganic nutes.

As for easy, when I switched to soil I threw out my PH and EC tester and have never looked back, no flushing, no adjusting, no adding this or that, just a measuring syringe, water and bottle of organic liquid nutes, using a autopot system to water you only need to top the tank up once a week, thus visit the room once a week.

They grow themselves :)

automan142

automan142

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,571 posts

For the worse? Were you using organic nutes? Coco favours inorganic nutes.

As for easy, when I switched to soil I threw out my PH and EC tester and have never looked back, no flushing, no adjusting, no adding this or that, just a measuring syringe, water and bottle of organic liquid nutes, using a autopot system to water you only need to top the tank up once a week, thus visit the room once a week.

They grow themselves :)

Autopots are the shit man, easy as fcuk t work with

13 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (9), Google (2), Weedman1664