Papaya's and Cheese Indoor Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by H3rbOshin, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Hey gc suck came home from work to see a severly yellow plant think its cause i nee to transplant it what do you guys think hopefully i dont loose her. Getting a lil worried cause i need to get bigger pots. Anyways heres the pic

ForumRunner_20120316_142256.png

2. Looks like it could be a ph fluctuation, the leaves are wrinkling a bit where it's most effective. Do you have a way to measure the run off?

3. I actually have a straight soil ph tester ill douple check it asap when i get home if its off and i correct it that should restore its color right?

4. #24 SeanPuffy, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
    Also, have you recently raised or lower the nute levels?

5. Ive just. been using that Kiss method on anyplants over 2 wks.
    I checked ph its at 7.3 so ill have to figure out how to fix that and my. Box has been running hotter with way low humidity any ideas?

6. Did some reading the KISS method doesn't use any grow nute right, if so the plant could b yellowing because it needs more N. It seem similar to the Lucas formula which I use for my clones with a 2wk or less veg time but for my mums I don't use the Lucas formula. For my mums in hydro they get grow and micro nutes. Might b different for soil.

7. Ill be running around to the garden store again today so Ill pic up some Grow and Micro nutes. and see if it fixes it like I said i'm running a little more alkaline then i'd like so i'm going to get some Baking soda to address that as well as gettign those nuts, thanks puffy and morgange

8. [quote name='"KillaCouple"']Ill be running around to the garden store again today so Ill pic up some Grow and Micro nutes. and see if it fixes it like I said i'm running a little more alkaline then i'd like so i'm going to get some Baking soda to address that as well as gettign those nuts, thanks puffy and morgange[/quote]

If you are at 7.3 now you need to lower your ph, baking soda raises ph. The easy answer is lemon juice, but ph down is cheap for how long it lasts.

9. Transplant them . Dont be too worried about the yellowing , but does need to be addressed , growing in soil buys time . Make sure your not over watering either ( soil should never be mushy ).

10. If you are looking for an inert PH down, some household items work well. I personally use apple cider vinegar, but distilled white vinegar works as well. If you can get your ph in 6.3-6.7 range your plants will take it from there as long as there is food present in the medium.

11. Yea i litterly just picked it up ph is at 6.8 so lets hope it bouunces back

12. #32 H3rbOshin, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    Looking a lil better this morning hopefully it sticks like that i hope it dosnt become a weak mother plant

Attached Files:

13. So My Plants are 3 weeks old now. I Know there mostly a indica Strain, ( minus the one dinaferm cheese) but I feel like im stunting growth whether its a tem/humidity issue, or the size of my box or maybe something in my watering but the plants don't seem to be at the same speed as others i've notice. at 3 weeks old should they only be like 4 inches tall? they are six nodes high. Heres a pic.

[​IMG]

14. Did u transplant yet? I personally think they look good.

15. [quote name='"SeanPuffy"']Did u transplant yet? I personally think they look good.[/quote]

Yea just yesterday im probably paranoid then haha cant wait to get this first indoor under my belt I feel like im learning alot from it on a daily basis haha

16. Hey Killa! :wave: Subbed!

Looking great here!

Glad you got a handle on the yellowing. Transplanting up is a great first way to attack a nute def especially since you're gonna anyway, but transplanting too early to where the root ball falls apart can set you way back in stress recovery. Try to wait until you got a few roots coming out the bottom holes.

Good luck! :)

17. Thanks man ill keep an eye on them thanks for the helpp

18. Looks really good Killa, are your papaya's nirvana genitics? I'm running papaya for the 2nd time right now and have everything dialed in pretty well. Let me know if you have any questions about the strain. Keep up the good work :smoke:

Edit- What are the temps in your box? High temps can stunt growth

19. Yea i'm running a higher then usualy temp Im usualy 80-85 yea I know but its the only lowkey spiot i'm thinking about moving the whold project to the basement , yea there nirvana genetic got any pics of bud before and or after harvest? I actually just had a huge growth spurt today surprisingly i'll be posting a pic fairly soon just running some errands.

20. Growth spirt you say? That's awesome. Excited for the pics :D :wave:

Looks like CrazyPineApple will be a good resource for you! :)