Papaya's and Cheese Indoor Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by H3rbOshin, Mar 1, 2012.

1. #1 H3rbOshin, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    Alright everyone I've just finished my cabinet and even though it took about a year longer then i'd have liked its finally running. I've grown out doors in the past but this is my first indoor box so its safe to say I have little to no experience and please criticize me kindly

My box is a cabinet that I've split Horizontally into 2 Chambers that are a little more compact then I like and I'm on a low budget so some of my EQ is a little ghetto.

I'm planning to make it a perpetual SoG where the bottom half of my cab has the mothers and the top half has recently rooted clones ready to flower.

My top box is being used as a veg box until the plants are big enough to clone then im going to make it the permanent because my lights are better in the top so here is what i'm running...

I'm running a 400w MH (18/6) over 2 papaya seedlings and one free dinaferm Cheese from ATTITUDE seed bank. My vent system consists of a 6" inch inline duct fan venting out to a 6" end Carbon Scrubber. I'm using Fox Farms Potting Soil (Organic) and when the time comes i'll be using Maxi bloom from GH for nutes.

Anyway heres pics of progress so far... Would love critisizm but please be nice I R NubCake.
    Inside:
    [​IMG]
    1 week old:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Hey Killa,
    Glad to see this thread up and going. I'll be watching all the way thru.
    Good luck

3. thanks looking forward to your posts

4. thats the cutest they will ever be... ha

5. unfortunatly so ha

6. #6 H3rbOshin, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    Just Updating no big spurts yet planning on getting building a DIY co2 Gen and starting nute regiment this up coming Friday.

7. Plants r loving that MH, I'm jealous.

8. #8 H3rbOshin, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    Just got into work just updating. Yea thbe mh is nice only using it till i start cloning then im using a cfl. Also I just dropped two more seeds to germinate so im hoping they pop soon!

9. Alright Guys first germinated set is 2 wks old now! Going to start my first nute feeding tonight!
    I'll be running out in a little to the garden store gunna pick up some square pots 2.5 and 3.5 inches. as far as I can tell my girls are doing really well in there environment though I'm really concerned about this upcoming summer it'll be really warm in the room where the box is kept. and hopefully they will be strong enough to clone and get some more out door experience in, what do you guys think?
    anywhere heres some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sup gc woke up this morning sux I found a little yellow spottage on my lower leaves. I think it might be a Nitrogen deficiency i'm not sure what do you guys think? Maybe i'm getting scared over nothing.
    [​IMG]

11. alright so its not been too long since my last post and i've been reading on bonsai moms. In oldtimers guide I'd realized he used a six inch cutting to start "mumming" up and I noticed he cut it back to about 3 inches. My plants are getting around 3" tall and I was wondering if I should just top it off? or should I let it get some more length so the nodes space out more. This is my first indoor and never mummed these plants before so I'm not sure if its just my strain and conditions or if its that i'm going directly from seed (though i've heard several experiences where this worked fine).

maybe you guys can help? whatcha think? heres the pic.

[​IMG]

12. Hey killa, I have let moms get 2 feet before cutting way back, I've also topped at 3 nodes over soil. Anything will work, I like to top once when small and let my clone cutting bush it out from there.

13. Thanks good to k now its so flexible ive been worrying alot recently that i was going to ruin them by clipping back to early or if they were in big enough pots heh.

14. Topping after 3 nodes is what I did also for my mums. Plants looking good. I can see the yellowing stop. For your pots when u think its root bound or close to it just take them out the pot and look only why to tell before your plants tell u. But u got some time before that.
    Keep it green.

15. What carbon scrubber did you use? Or did you build your own? Looks like a solid setup, can't wait to see how it turns out!

16. Sweet in that case ill do it after work today thanks puffy. And as to the carbon scrubber question i bought it off amazon cheap its 6"

17. Can you refill it with activated carbon or do you need to buy a new one? How long does it last?

18. You can prettu much re fill it pretty easily i think everything in the grow room at the most needs to be replaced every six months to a year atleast thats my rule of thumb

19. Looks good so far. I'm running a similar setup (perpetual sog but separated mother/clone area). Gonna sub and check out the grow :wave:.

20. [quote name='"morange"']Looks good so far. I'm running a similar setup (perpetual sog but separated mother/clone area). Gonna sub and check out the grow :wave:.[/quote]

Awsome ill check yours too. Id like to expand but room is an issue