Dave Matthews Band...lets be honest.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by GratefulTaylor, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I personally am in love with DMB. I usually follow Dave around the Northeast run but I honestly haven't heard much positivity towards him anywhere else outside of the tour. MOST of the fans are douchey Saab drivers but speaking purely of the band..what do you think?

For me, hearing them brings me to tears. "Crush" breaks my heart, "Write a Song" makes me roll a blunt and dance my ass off, "Sister" makes me reflect, "So Much to Say" simply brings me joy. Its a love like no other. And the touring experience...my, oh my...lifting up your skirt a bit to get down to some serious Boyd jamming and just feeling this beautiful energy surrounding you and filling you and then moving your energy outwards. Ahh its truly a religious experience.

That being said, I can take some criticism for that so please...be honest <3

2. :hello: I can agree. I've racked up 33 shows with this band. Every show amazes me. There is just something different about a DMB show. 6 days till AFTW releases! :bounce :multi (shoutout to am.org!)

3. meh.

my mom was a big fan.

4. Well, I'm sure you have a band that can bring what DMB brings to me. But yea, by far most favorite overall band that brings my taste in music, energy and overall 'experience'. Plus 20 years plus with no end in sight, when it comes to touring, is great too. Sorry, new album leaked/streamed on itunes so I'm:smoke: and listening.

Anyway, to OP. Album is streaming on itunes, get free listen/download before Album drops next week.

5. yep.

here's a sample:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3Avia3qsM]Phenomenal Handclap Band - Baby (Deep Soul 45) - YouTube[/ame]

6. If you smoke Marijuana, you probably listen to some amount of Dave Matthews ;)

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNgJBIx-hK8&spfreload=10

8. Yesssss DMB is the shiiiit 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Love me some DMB and planning my 1st trip to Colorado and checked his tour schedule just for shits and giggles and he'll be there when I am. Gonna pick up some tickets ASAP. Especially since concert venues are considered private property and you can legally toke.

10. love dave Matthews band. Perferct band to smoke to . Busted stuff might be the most personal and moving work while under the table and dreaming is the most ethereal and free spirited. I love dave Matthews but I haven't listened to anything of theirs since Leroi moore passed away. He was my favorite member of the band.
    How can anyone listen to songs like crash into me, satellite and jimi thing and not be a fan?

11. Love me some dmb

12. I have no love for DM. His band is well versed and individually tallented, but DMB as a whole is uninspired and trite.

13. fave DMB tune: DMB--Stay

also an awesome vid!