Bees and cannabis?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by matlock, Feb 28, 2012.

1. The honey will not have thc

2. I'm in calli and have my licence and have not heard of anyone tryin to do that in my area but i would like to try the honey if i find some

3. Cannabis bee honey mead brew I intend on building an aviary over my cannabis plants to allow the bees to harvest only for my cannabis plant today. No its an 88. In February an apiary for bees okay sad how that works

4. Cannabis bee honey mead brew I intend on building an apiary over my cannabis plants to allow the bees to harvest only from my cannabis plants.

5. Someone just watched high school haha

6. I just read a story in a newspaper which caused me to look this up, apparently in the 50s these two british celebrities, Spike Milligan and Peter Sellers, both had this honey from Mexico, they ate it and got wrecked because the bees had peen pollenating weed plants.

7. the pollen would not get you high they would collect the pollen but just pollen wont get you high.. but the one guy said maybe the thc gets on the bees and it then gets into the honey and the other guy said the only problem still is that the thc is not active.... BUT i watched this thing where bees would trap wasps in the hive and the wasp was pinned down by a massive amount of bees and the bees killed it by shaking or something all together and built up enough heat to kill the wasp so they basically made a mini oven inside. i dont know if it would be enough activate thc.. but it can kill a wasp which i think would be pretty close! and furthermore if it did work and people back then regularly introduced wasps to a hive to make the bees heat up im sure they were making all types of food with thc honey its a sweetener haha so the ambrosia wouldnt be to far off of an idea or like i said anything!!

8. cannabis doesnt utilize insects for pollination, it utilizes wind.  Bees do like pollen, they do feed it to their young, and even a female plant has a male flower here and there.

I dont understand why you're pointing out that I'm saying "nope", because OP's fucking post asked if bees would make cannabis honey.  

Pollen is the food source for bee larvae, but as bees dont mix honey and pollen (pollen doesnt have thc in it anyway), here's my answer:

NOPE.

9. I actually looked into this because I had the same thought after seeing a show. If a bee only pollinated weed, the honey would have a unique taste but it would contain nothing to get you high. Id totally want some anyway tho :)

10. a cool idea nonetheless...i imagine THC was added to the wine rather than the honey in ancient times.. 

i will try the tincture recipe on the mead i have on order, ive dont with absinthe so i imagine it would work with mead as well 

11. #32 fvckweed, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    The other day I was smoking outside and a big ass bumble bee was hovering around me. I blew smoke at it and it flipped the fuck out then flew away. I'd say it was a repellent.

Edit: yea it is a repellent actually, that's why beekeeper use it to check their hives.
    Ass fat, yea I know.

12. Cannabis sativa - An Important Subsistence Pollen Source for Apis mellifera
    (full – 2012)          http://iosrjournals.org/iosr-jpbs/papers/vol1-issue4/A0140103.pdf

Flavonoid glycosides and cannabinoids from the pollen of Cannabis sativa L.
    (abst – 2005)  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15688956?ordinalpos=50&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

The identified cannabinoids were delta9-tetrahydrocannabiorcol, cannabidivarin, cannabicitran, delta9-tetrahydrocannabivarin, cannabicyclol, cannabidiol, cannabichromene, delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabigerol, cannabinol, dihydrocannabinol, cannabielsoin, 6a, 7, 10a-trihydroxytetrahydrocannabinol, 9, 10-epoxycannabitriol, 10-O-ethylcannabitriol, and 7, 8-dehydro-10-O-ethylcannabitriol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. smoke is a repellent for most animals

-yuri

14. No, the honey would not contain THC. Although, there is a hallucinogenic honey that in produce somewhere in Turkey I believe. It has an ingredient from Rhododendrons in it which is a neurotoxin. With Cannabis plants, the honey would not contain THC. However, the types of plants that the bees use do influence the flavor and the color of the honey. That's why some honeys are almost clear and some are very dark. 

15. Eh, nonetheless, not any amount great enough to get you high.

16. It would still be a good idea to have a bee hive in your weed fields. Free honey and free pollination.

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  17. That could be the case for Hemp, but for medicinal weed you don;t want any sort of accidental pollination.

FYI, bees aren't affected by THC because they probably don't have cannabinoid receptors in their brain.

18. Too bad we remove the male plants that would produce the pollen needed to make honey... Otherwise it would be a great idea.