Vaporizing and cardio sports / running

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by PrinceOfTheCity, Feb 26, 2012.

1. I ask this in the seasoned toker forum because I think its more appropriate to ask the more experienced folks what their experience is. For those that play soccer or basketball or run cross country and vaporize their weed have you guys felt any negative effects on cardio-shape and performance? Been doing trial and error the past few weeks, vaporizing 3-4 times a week usually I'll have soccer practice or game the next day or I'll go for a 4-5mile run all of my times on the run have been the same if not better and I feel the same in soccer. When I vaporize I use a vaporizer pen and it only takes me 4-5 hits to get a very nice high if this matters.

Is vaporizing's effect on the lungs negligible? Or will it hurt you in the long run?

Really Appreciate any insight here from folks

2. well considering your cilia are just temporarily paralyzed, not smoking too often shouldn't effect you at all.

3. I'm an active smoker and I haven't noticed a huge difference in my cardio performance. I smoke every night (or just vaporize when I'm in the mood) and run/bike + play a little bit of ultimate frisbee (running intensive). After smoking hard, I can discern small difference in my lung capacity, but when I go into a vaping phase the negative effects just aren't there.

I'd say vaping isn't hurting your performance enough to be noticed, if it is at all.

4. so 3-4 times a week is not considered often (vaporizing).

and what is my "cilia" if I may ask bro

thanks

5. they keep the dirt, mucus, and shit out of your lungs.

6. yeah so far I feel this is the case, been vaporizing probably for a month straight as mentioned 3-5 times a week somewhere in there usually at night, enjoy TV or xbox360 games + music then pass out. I get great sleep those nights also, next day is often a training day or whatever and feel great anyway. Just seems too good to be true lol. Sample size of a month decent enough?

7. Just keep your doing your thing and if you start to feel that you aren't up to par, lighten up.

8. for sure, thanks I'll probably bump this a month from now with another report

9. According to my heart Docs vaporizing will not hurt my/your heart or lungs.
    So if vaporizing will not hurt me I really don't think it should have any neg effect on your cardio sports/running.

That is vaporizing NOT smoking!

10. I am a runner and am very active. Smoking and/or vaporizing don't affect my performance in the slightest.

11. I smoke almost everyday and have no cardio problems. When i used to smoke cigs it was a different story. I went to my first muay thai class and was a smoker and i couldn't even get through the warm up let alone the thai pad work and sparring lol. Smoking weed is a totally different thing though. Look at nick diaz he smokes A LOT of weed and does triathlons and fights. I run 5-6 hours a week, weight lift, and do bjj and plan on going back to muay thai in the summer. If you vape you shouldn't be worried at all. Dont let it be a placebo effect either. Your using a vaporizer so you shouldn't worry. There are a lot of pro athletes that smoke weed including Michael Phelps ;)

[​IMG]

12. yeah I strictly use my omicron vaporizing pen. no smoking for me. :D

13. true true!

14. hey man, i've run 2 marathons in the last year, one sub-3 hours and smoking doobies didn't seem to have any noticeable effects on my cardio performance.

vaporising id imagine would be even better.

15. Smoking bud does not negatively effect your lung capacity, so vaporizer defiantly will not.

I have been smoking heavy for over 15 years, just started running a year ago, while also increasing my weed intake due to availability, and workplace acceptability.
    I would make a point to smoke a whole bowl myself (3-5 hits) just prior to running as I am an enhancement smoker. I was able to rapidly get in shape, starting with a struggle just to run for 5 min's straight, 3 months later I was able to run 6 miles non stop. Also had a lung capacity test done, tested out off charts for my age...

A scientific study was recently released that backs up my claims, will find if you are interested.

16. nice, sick avy btw haha

17. Im just about to fire up the NO2, then go for a cheeky 3 miler, so Ill let you all know how it goes!

18. Yeah, I didn't go.. Kinda just want Ben and Jerrys and my bed.. Goodbye six pack.

19. the only problem if you get too lazy and don't work out at all..

i've been vaping for years now and occasionally take brakes for as long as two months. there's absolutely no difference in my cardio.
    and i train pretty heavily. typically a 2.5 mile run for warm up, weight lifting, mma and bjj...