I need some help with my PC grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JustAStarter, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Good day to you all!
    Excuse me if this isn't the proper place to post this. Hope you can move it if necessary.
    As mentioned in the title, I want to start growing stealth in my PC case and I'm kinda confused about some things... You see, I have 40x40x18cm (that's 1,3x1,3x0.6 feet) space available inside my PC and I've already covered the walls with reflective material (not tin foil).
    i) My FIRST issue is space and I am concerned about fitting 2 plants in there.
    ii) After this, i was planing to buy 2 fans (120x120x25 mm/ 4.7x4.7x1 inch) and I need to know how to put them. Should they be 1 facing IN and 1 OUT on the same side, or facing each other? And with these 2, how would I attach the carbon filter? Also, is it enough air circulation? [​IMG]
    iii) Third thing is the soil. Any good recipe using just: plant soil (that comes with perlite), vermicompost, sand and maybe bone dust (or how do you call it)? I donno the exact proportions. (i'll also add that the pH level will be measured before planting)
    iiii) Finally, light. I was planing to get 2 fluorescent bulbs (~45W, but i really don't recall) @ 2700k and emitting ~1950lumens each. Is this enough? If so, the ones for the flowering stage should be the same but @ 6400k .

Solving these would then lead me to start the life of my 3 seeds that i have, and hope for at least 1 female...

Thanks so much for your time! If you feel that I'm missing something, please don't hesitate to point it out. It's my first grow and I don't want to mess it up! :|

2. 1. You'll need to just grow smaller plants.
    2. one in on one side and then have the other on the opposite side on top or bottom (don't have both lined up, have one on top of one side and the other on the bottom if possible.
    3. you could always use Happy frog/Ocean forest by foxfarm, you can also try roots organic 707 blend which doesn't have perilite but holds water quite well.
    4. use the 23ws for vegging or your 45s if you want, since your growing smaller plants your 2 45s should be enough for such small plants. (i recommend atleast getting 65ws for flowering though)

3. [quote name='"JustAStarter"']Good day to you all!
    Excuse me if this isn't the proper place to post this. Hope you can move it if necessary.
    As mentioned in the title, I want to start growing stealth in my PC case and I'm kinda confused about some things... You see, I have 40x40x18cm (that's 1,3x1,3x0.6 feet) space available inside my PC and I've already covered the walls with reflective material (not tin foil).
    i) My FIRST issue is space and I am concerned about fitting 2 plants in there.
    ii) After this, i was planing to buy 2 fans (120x120x25 mm/ 4.7x4.7x1 inch) and I need to know how to put them. Should they be 1 facing IN and 1 OUT on the same side, or facing each other? And with these 2, how would I attach the carbon filter? Also, is it enough air circulation?
    iii) Third thing is the soil. Any good recipe using just: plant soil (that comes with perlite), vermicompost, sand and maybe bone dust (or how do you call it)? I donno the exact proportions. (i'll also add that the pH level will be measured before planting)
    iiii) Finally, light. I was planing to get 2 fluorescent bulbs (~45W, but i really don't recall) @ 2700k and emitting ~1950lumens each. Is this enough? If so, the ones for the flowering stage should be the same but @ 6400k .

Solving these would then lead me to start the life of my 3 seeds that i have, and hope for at least 1 female...

Thanks so much for your time! If you feel that I'm missing something, please don't hesitate to point it out. It's my first grow and I don't want to mess it up! :|[/quote]

1. You could fit two in, go 12/12 from seed and use lst to keep them small

2. 1 lower sucking in and 1 higher blowing out, ideally the filter should b at the top of the box, with the exhaust fan pulling the used air out through it.

3. I take it your going organic so im not 100%, a good base would be 70% soil 20% perlite 10% worm castings (bone meal does the same job i think)

4. Wrong way round 6400k for veg and 2700k for flower. That should be enough for the size space, make sure theyre actual 45 watt though, not equivalent to.