Dating a Younger Girl?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by CupcakeDolly, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I kind of have a thing for a guy who's older than me - about an eight year difference. I'm not too serious about it, but was just curious, and wanted opinions: Would you guys feel weird about being with a girl who's that much younger than you? And I'm talking about full-on dating, like going out in public holding hands and taking your girl to meet your parents.

Girls, how would you feel about being with an older guy?

I personally don't care, but I'm always worried about what the other person will think. I'm barely an adult by society's standards, and I dislike it when men think of me as a child.

2. Depends on your age if under 18 its pretty disturbing but if older 18 then who gives a fuck really as long as your happy.

3. Let's assume that the girl you're dating is legal, then.

4. Me personally I wouldnt care if she was really mature enough for me to take a chance on such a young girl but most girls that age are not especially if I was almost 30 and she was barely leaving teens. I like older women though so I dont see that happening with me at all.

5. if you're 16 and he's 24, that's sickening. but if you're over 18 then it's legit.

6. LOL! Girl don't worry about it! eight years? Shit, that is nothing!

7. Haha, I'm not worried about it, I was just wondering how other people felt about it. Particularly the older guys.

8. #8 giraffe, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    I dated a 28 yr old guy when i was 19. He was trying to get into vet school at the time and it was really random how we met.

We hit it off really well and were pretty much best friends w awesome benefits for a year. I broke up w him cus he was going to vet school. Now i date someone who is my age. Age doesnt matter at all, it's the individual that does. People might look at you funny and girls will give you smirks. fuck em.

9. I would have no problem dating a younger chick as long as she was smart.

Young and dumb is a big turn off.

10. huh. Well If I were 30 I would feel a bit strange dating a 22 year old, but if I liked her a LOT then I'd get over it.
    There is a bit of a taboo in this culture, but screw it, you only live once, why let cultural taboos destroy a chance at love and happiness? I'd be down.

11. Do what makes YOU happy. Fuck all other's opinions. Age is just a number.

12. /thread. with all youve been through lately I say go for it.

13. For me it would be a maturity level thing. If the girl was younger but had her head on her shoulders I would consider it.

My friends sister is with a guy who's 9 years older and they seem pretty happy

14. No big deal, I mean people might talk shit but fuck them, a relationship is between two people. If both of you feel right together then go for it and good luck! :)

15. I'm 23..personally, I prefer to date women my age or older. Like everyone else has said, it's a maturity thing. I found most 18 year old girls annoying when I was 18, and my opinion hasn't really changed. That being said, there are always exceptions, and I wouldn't turn down an opportunity that I felt good about just based on age. One of my co-workers is 37 and is dating/lives with a 22 year old. Whatever makes you happy!

16. you shouldnt care about what other people think if you really like this guy. if it makes you feel any better, my parents are 8 years apart. my dad got married to my mother at the age of 19 and she was 27. they worked together in a naval base so im sure everyone knew about it but that didnt seem to stop them.

17. I dated a girl 8 years younger than me for the last 4.5 years, up until about a month and a half ago.

I'm 33 by the way. It was alot of fun, but in the end she was just a little girl looking for a free ride. No ambition whatsoever.

18. My husband is ten years older than me (me-21,him-31) he's a little bit immature for his age and I'm a little more mature than my age would suggest so we meet up in the middle perfectly. :)

19. i wouldnt feel weird at all. when i turn 26 i hope i have an 18 year old girlfriend. Shit would be so cash.

20. i recently hooked up with an 18yr old girl and i'm 27. NOW preface to all this, i never messed around or dated anyone more than 3-4 yrs younger than me. i was always kinda against it, just for me, i dont' give a fuck what anyone else does. Well i banged this chick, great pussy btw, and thankfully she's not a typical 18yr old ditz so to speak. Actually a pretty levelheaded 18 yr old girl

Next time we hung out it started to fuck with me. California love came on the radio and i'm like "wow this chick wasn't even born when this came out" and then we were watching dusk till dawn, same thoughts like she was a few yrs old when this came out. It just messed with me, but i can tell you this i coudlnt' date a chick THAT young. At least in her 20s ya know.