Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pre 98 Bubba

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by seabreeze, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Anyone ever try pre 98 bubba for anxiety? I'm the one who was given white widow at the dispensary for ANXIETY and it threw me into a full blow panic attack. I went back to the dispensary today and told them what happened. They said the white widow is a mix of S and I and I told them I don't want any Sativa at all!! They suggested the bubba. What scares me is the guy said, "well, it is strong but it's mellow - should make you want to relax and eat." What does "strong" mean, I ask. He said "a hard hit." I don't care if it's a hard hit if it's MELLOW and relaxing. I'm scared to death it will cause another panic attack.
    Any help you guys can give me on this one? They had one other Indica and I can't remember the name of it but he said it was also strong.

2. First off, What are you smoking out of? I'd reccomend getting a little metal 1 hitter and packing it only like halfway. Wait 5 minutes, see how you feel. You're new to this, so you oughta get used to how the weed makes you feel.

Also, the "hard hitting" is what you want for pain. The Indica is more of a body high. It's the typical "couch-locked eating cheetos" high.

3. Real pre 98 is a heavy indica

What he means by strong...is that'll knock you out. Here is a description I found on the strain

4. I'm smoking out of a metal pipe that has a tiny bowl. I'm only taking one puff. I want the same sort of feeling I get with the valium I'm taking. I don't have anxiety everyday but when I do, I take a valium and I get an over body relaxing feeling like everything is just fine with the world. I'm still able to go about my activities. What valium does for me is just make me feel "normal" and not full of anxiety. I also get anxiety induced nausea which the valium takes away. So everything goes relaxed on me with valium. Head, stomach, any tightness in my muscles etc... If I take a valium before a yoga class, I can stretch better.
    That's what I'm looking for in a weed. I was hoping a weed would be a better alternative than the pharmaceuticals in the long run.
    If I take a whole valium (5mg), I'm not totally couch locked but I would rather sit and let it take effect - VERY CALMING. If I only take the 2.5 mg., I can move about and do whatever I need to do. Go shopping, drive, etc.....

5. You need to look into a high CBD strain, they don't sound like they know much at the dispensary you are going too.

CBD is alerting and anxiolytic, you don't need something that is "strong". It will just make shit worse.

Go in there and talk to them about CBD, if they aren't clued up get out of there and find somewhere that has staff that knows what they are doing.

I saw your other thread, I understand how horrible panic attacks are when smoking weed, I nearly had to call an ambulance. THC is not your friend in this case! Good luck friend!

6. Talked with the Dr. I went to see and she said "DON"T go back into that same dispensary!!" She asked me what the guy looked like and she's going to check him out. She told me to go to the ones in San Fran or Oakland - much better, bigger, dispensaries and said she knows they have high CBD's that are NOT just hard hitters. She said where I went (the town) is known for people who grow alot of weed and are producing very strong hitting strains for competition. So probably not a good place for me to go. So, now I have a good amount of Bubba that I won't use. Guess my friend's can enjoy it maybe.

7. Isnt pre-98 bubba supposed to have a high cbd content? That may be why it works so well for you. I have horrible anxiety and had an extract that was very high in cbd a few months ago, and every time I had some my anxiety was almost completely gone.

8. I haven't tried the bubba yet. I'm too afraid too since the guy said it is very strong hitting. But it is a straight indica and i don't know if it has a high CBD. The guy said it did but I can't believe anything he said since he led me so wrong first time in.

9. [quote name='"seabreeze"']Talked with the Dr. I went to see and she said "DON"T go back into that same dispensary!!" She asked me what the guy looked like and she's going to check him out. She told me to go to the ones in San Fran or Oakland - much better, bigger, dispensaries and said she knows they have high CBD's that are NOT just hard hitters. She said where I went (the town) is known for people who grow alot of weed and are producing very strong hitting strains for competition. So probably not a good place for me to go. So, now I have a good amount of Bubba that I won't use. Guess my friend's can enjoy it maybe.[/quote]

Competition. Get out of here. What kind. The cannabis cup.lol You are just getting
    All caught up in this name shit. Yes some are different than others. Since you sound new to this your are trying so hard not to freak out, that is will be natural for you to freak out. Just sit down take a rip an relax.

10. I would highly recommend checking out a strain called Harlequin. Can be found at Harborside in Oakland every so often. Very little high, heavy narcotic effect. It's a high cbd, low thc strain. Good luck.

11. Yo.
    Idk if pre 98 is the same as Bubba Kush then..That was one of the most relaxing medications.
    That was when i first started using mmj.
    So..
    Idk man. U should go for it

12. Sour Tsunami
    Harlequin
    Omrita Rx3
    Jamaican Lion
    Cannatonic
    Juanita la Lagrimosa
    Misty
    Good Medicine
    TB x OGK
    OG Afghani
    Jamaican Skunk
    Downtown Diesel
    Cottan Candy X Diesel
    Sugaree X Blue Diesel
    SFV
    R-4
    Bubblegum Kush
    Intensive Care OG Kush
    Kushage
    Soma A+
    Stinky Purple
    Poison OG
    Granny Durkel
    Wu#1
    Phenom Phen
    Silver Dragon
    Monkey Balls
    F5 Manawell
    Sweet SF x OG
    Black Queen

Here is a list of high cbd strains. I haven't had any of these myself but I've read for anxiety a strain that is high cbd and low thc is better.

13. I see sours n blue diesels.

Thats alot for a noob ^

14. your better off with some master kush

15. The extract I made that helped my anxiety which i mentioned in my post above was made out of the high cbd pheno of cannatonic (extract tested at almost 57% cbd). Did far more for my anxiety than any prescription ive ever had to take. I recommend cannatonic :)

16. Did you grow it your self or get it from a dispensary? I would like to grow it but it's around a 25% chance youn will get the right pheno.

17. Got it from a dispensary then extracted. Even if it is only a 25% chance its well worth having to buy the extra seeds to guarantee you get the pheno imo.

18. i m prescribed 30mg of Valium a day for anxiety. i dont take that much a day because i smoke every day. i keep the script if i cant sleep bcz of insomnia or take some when i know i wont be able to smoke for a while......but yeah, indicas are what u need and the bay area is awesome. go to some nice dispensaries, there is a site called weedmaps(dot)com that shows all dispensaries listed in every state that participates, has a menu for each one and prices. you can get free stuff for becoming a new member. check out the site and read the feedback by tokers who bought from the dispensary. good luck

19. You poor guy heres some education Indicas Have High CBD Levels.

20. [quote name='"trazyfilth"']

You poor guy heres some education Indicas Have High CBD Levels.[/quote]

Yea he's got no idea. It's not all about the name man