Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone else hate very high CBD/very low THC strains?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johny Potsmoker, Feb 19, 2012.

1. I sure as hell do.

2. i appreciate them for what they are, real medical strains that help very specific ailments. may not be good for mood disorders or the like, but ask some one who used to be a opiate addict, it changes there lifes.

3. I don't hate 'em as such. I much prefer the high THC hazes though.:smoke:

4. Yeah you're right, but I'm bipolar and this weed is just making me feel depressed.

5. I love those strains because they just knock me off my fucking ass! Hahah
    But I'm not a medical user so that might be the reason.

6. Nah I enjoy all high quality bud, all highs, and all flavors haha. Has to be dankk though

7. It's just middies.

8. My body feels good but I'm not even enjoying my music.. :/

9. Very high CBD strains are perfect for before bed, any other time, if you have stuff to do, they're not the best idea to smoke.

10. [quote name='"Johny Potsmoker"']

It's just middies.[/quote]

Fuck mids.......I thought you meant strains with low thc high cbd...I only smoke high quality bud grown to its full potential lol.

11. i dont hate them at all, it still makes me feel just as relaxed so i dont have an issue with that :D

12. Fuck cbds dude have u guy seven researched that shit a total rip......

13. Naw man.
    The plant naturally has a beautiful blend of canabanoids.
    When people start fucking around for higher THC counts, they lose other wonderful aspects of the high (cannabis naturally will not make you paranoid, but certain strains are missing that soothing canabanoid for this reason), so on and so forth.

Smoking cannabis is definitely not all about the THC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've read threads on other sites, and it seems the cbd trait is genetically bred out to create super high thc strains. If you've gotta big brain, it can be figured out.

15. I just posted a thread about smoking high CBD prior to a good indica.  There's no better way to get stoned  :smoking:  :bongin:  :smoking:

16. CBD actually regulates our endocannabinoid system that helps balance mood disorders

17. thats for sleep bro, I need me some of that :p

18. maybe its tolerance

19. #19 Wolfmoon2682, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    This thread is ancient... this comment older than time its'elf but god damn it. This is the best comment iv'e ever read here. The past has been very harsh on anxiety sufferers in terms of what people have been breeding! The high THC days of yore left us with some seriously unbalanced buds, Which is fine for most people, but a nervous MFer like myself starts to feel like i can't breath when ingest too much of it. I call it THC crack. Even mids have this issue! That's why people who think mids are safer due to lower THC quality are WRONG! It's not so much just the THC it's the absence of CBD and other shit that was lost in translation.

I'm desperately seeking some high CBD strains because i don't have access to a dispensary. It's not easy to find but every now and then i get something that's either naturally high in CBD or just was left to flower long enough for a higher ratio of amber trichomes to form turning the THC to mostly CBD. I'm doing my own research on this and i'm finding a lot of people who quit smoking from anxiety or panic, just didn't have access to the proper buds. WHICH is expected since high THC has been promoted so heavily in the past AND because let's face it, many of us smoke lesser quality buds that are rushed to harvest leaving the THC ratio extremely high!

Now do i mean mids are high in THC? NO! The balance is tipped too far towards THC however and that's when the problems start! Theoretically one can consume high doses of THC as long as one also consumed an equal or higher dose of CBD and other compounds and terpenes. These compounds and terpenes are NOT fully understood yet. The future of cannabis is quite fascinating!

In closing i'll say it's easy to see how this problem got started and it's easy to see how it's confused so many including myself! THC NEEDS CBD to balance out! Not for everyone no, but for many people, we need a proper balance. Finding that balance is the key!

• Like Like x 1