GSs Organic Ganja Garden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grows&Smokes, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ^^

cheers dude..

i have poor reading skills..

2. @[member="Lumperfan"] - Lots of the grow stores and head shops out near boston are carrying them in-store. Not sure if they are out where you are in the state, though.

@ GnS - That root system will break down pretty quickly if your soil is alive and kicking, which is suspect it is. You dont need any time between runs for it to cycle. You can go right at it.

If you do leave it, try leaving the stump, too... after about a week i can usually rip the stump right out with hardly any effort. he roots are broken down enough that they just rip right off the main stem.

Keep up the excellence! Tht Jambas are really flying!

3. Thanks Hortila and CD! I am on it. So basically, within limits of course, it will dry/add moisture to the jar it is in? What size jar can a pack do? I assume 62% is the industry standard? Thanks again, LF

4. Yep, you got it! 62% for cannabis. I have packs of varying sizes, but the "medium" size easily does a gallon sized jar for 6month+.

They feel like they have gel inside. When the thing is "spent" it hardens up. Very easy to tell

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #8106 Grows&Smokes, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@everybody....sorry for neglecting my journal lol....thanks to everyone that takes time to visit here :wave:

Anyway.....thanks CD for the vote of confidence... I just transplanted the Jambalaya's in the tote last night.....to till I guess...only 1 week has past since I pulled my last plant out of there....let's go for it....

Lumperfan, these are the packs I like....you can get them on amazon for a buck apiece....they have made my AK x Yumboldt buds look like award winners...I love these packs!

6. Good lookin buds dude! That Jambalaya's look great too.. I'm happy you went to making your own soil friend. :smoke:

7. Me too man....its fun to try to make sure the soil is nice and lively...I'm really proud of the fact I've been able to keep all those worms happy....I swear there are more in there now than what I originally put in there....the whole organic soil thing is very fascinating and a challenge..its an absolutely beautiful thing for the small grower like me ...no more buying bags of soil...but if I had a huge grow op...it would be a lot of work and im not sure I would have the time and energy (or the money) to make it work on a large scale....but for me its the perfect fit.

8. think there's more to it than just the bovedas.;)   sure do look good GS

9. Thanks for the kind words X :wave: but believe me those packs don't hurt lol.

I see you have made that Nocturnal of yours into your Avitar....man I gotta tell ya that's one of the most beautiful buds I've ever seen ....you should be very proud of the job you did with that sucker....just beautiful!!!

10. I gotta get to trimming the DCD right now....see ya in a few hours lol.

11. Those babies look perfect, GS! Are you gonna try the scrog screen again? They look like the perfect candidates.

What everyone else said is spot on. Those small feeder roots will break down in no time at all. Especially with all the worm action!! :D have you thought about using mulch of some sort?

TJ

12. #8113 Grows&Smokes, Aug 30, 2014
    @[member="thomasjefferson"]

Hey there TJ :wave:

Well, I have the screen made already so that's a distinct possibly....on one hand I'd love to see how these would do naturally...with just topping....but on the other hand that screen is awful tempting....I'll eventually make up my mind a little further along in the grow.

You know I have thought about mulching but haven't looked into any products yet ..do you have any suggestions?

I actually have some really nice sphagnum peat but read its not the best thing to mulch with...supposed to be very acidic as well

13. #8114 Grows&Smokes, Aug 30, 2014
    God do I hate trimming ....I remember watching a weed special that had a segment about a bunch of folks packing-up and heading to California during harvest season in hopes of landing a good weed trimming job..........fuck that ....I think I'd rather work at McDonald's lol.

Probably wouldn't take me so long if I didn't take a break every 5 minutes :laughing:

My daughter just texted me and said she got gifted 2 tickets to see Louis C.K., Jim Gaffigan and Bill Burr tonight.....too bad she's taking her husband.....what a jerk :p

14. Thank you very much GS. She's about to come down in the next week or so.

hope the smoke is as good as the bud looks.

Really, this is my 1st grow with lots of purps. It's always been there, just had problems with my soil/watering techniques.

Now if my next grow comes out like this one , I'll know it wasn't just luck. :metal:

15. #8116 Grows&Smokes, Aug 30, 2014
    Damn I wish I could get those colors friend..I realize they have nothing to do with potentcy but they sure are nicer to look at lol....I would imagine nice coloring would def effect the taste for the better though....less chlorophyll.....I've had hints and tinges of purple here, black there.....but never anything as impressive looking as that Nocturnal....I guess a lot of that is genetics but I've heard you get fantastic colors from organic soil.....maybe next time for me lol.

16. #8117 Tree dogg, Aug 30, 2014
    ^^ Colder temps also bring out color.  I have run the same strain in different reasons and had it finish green and purple, depending on season.  Its the one in my AVI
    I was running it last christmas and we lost power for four days with temps down to 0F.  the grow temp low was 34F, the whole plant turned purple. lol.  But lived to fully flower

• Like Like x 1
  17. #8118 Grows&Smokes, Aug 30, 2014
    @[member="Tree dogg"]

Wish you had a bigger picture of that plant? Looks really good though....what strain was that?

Yeah I wish I could get some cooler dark period temps at least....I'm sure that would help....I farted around with a few ideas that didn't work out...I can't even put an AC downstairs cause I'm maxed out with stereo/television/ceiling fans/refrigerator/dehumidifer and lights lol...plus my 400 watter running most of the time.....I really don't feel like putting a new box in.

18. It's Trainwreck x Romulan

View attachment 133954

19. #8120 Grows&Smokes, Aug 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

@[member="Tree dogg"]

Wow!...very nice indeed!!! I love the name Romulan for some reason lol....is that one of your creations?