GSs Organic Ganja Garden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grows&Smokes, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Growsen. Best of luck on all future grows.
    You turn out some nice shit thats for sure.

I've had it up to my eyeballs with GC.
    Overrun by minors trying to grow a couple of grams in computer cases. And cfl grows out the ying yang.
    Or please help me cuz I'm too lazy to search anything on my own.
    what a joke.

Peace brotha. Keep pumpin out that good smoke.

2. Would like to see you stick around Hemi! Just keep your account open and stop by my journal anytime.

3. #43 Grows&Smokes, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    Well its been exactly 2 weeks since I put the seeds in the medium so I think they are doing pretty well. I had to get them back under the T-5 ...they were not liking the HPS. Not only that, I just cant keep the humidity up under the HPS without having heat issues. Its a bitch in the Winter with the house all sealed up to keep any moist air around..so I have to run a humidifier in my tent. With the T-5 fixture, I can keep a steady temp of 83-84 and a humidity level between 74-75% ...if you look at the first set of leaves you notice how ugly the leaves look? Thats a product of the HPS and 23% humidity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. i had similar thoughts a wile back. i just dont click anything threads that arent in someones sig. this way i find only quality threads with quality blades instead of paging thru so much riff raff before finding the couple thoughtful responses.

growsen i have low humidty all year, all the time, even if my cabs were underwater i'd still be at like 16% rh. but seriously low rh aint really that bad... specially in flower imho.... who wants PM or botrytis? personally i think even 70% is too high but you might wanna check with others on that.

5. #45 Grows&Smokes, Feb 29, 2012
    Hey BKS...I agree with you about following quality people on GC...there are enough of them on here if you know where to look. I noticed that my leaves were really thin...and sort of felt like tissue paper. I looked around quite a bit and came to the conclusion that it had to be the low humidity that was causing it, do you think it could be something other than that? I also read that 75-80% was uptimal for small plants in veg. Once flowering begins though, 30-40% is recommended to prevent bud rot so I intend on lowering it quiet a bit when the time comes.

6. #46 Grows&Smokes, Feb 29, 2012
    I found this on weedfarmer.com which was the first site I visited years ago when I first started growing...their advise has been pretty sound

Humidity

The humidity in the enviroment is the amount of water vapor present in the air. Most growers know that humidity in excess of 85% percent increases the probability of the appearance of bud mold. The humidity is also critical during germanation when the seedlings are extremely fragile. Humidty should be kept over 80% at this stage in the plants life to prevent the soil from drying too fast. Experimentation has shown that a relative humidity of 65% to 80% increases growth rate. Below this level the plants develop extremely narrow and tissue paper thin leaves to try to prevent excess loss of water. Above 80% relative humidity the plant have trouble disposing of toxic chemicals through evaporation.

7. ok your right about that buddy. i just dont worry about it ever... i mist my veg cab once or twice a day if i can. nd i ghetto dome(plastic bags with slits in the top over a solo cup) my seedlings nd cuts.

were all ur seedlings showing these signs? if they appear slow just veg em longer imo. i wouldnt worry too much unless i see discoloration or deformed growth and at that rate its probably a medium related issue. i tend to take the philosophy "farm the soil, not the plant" from there its generally smooth sailing

im pretty waxed out hope this helps

8. #48 Grows&Smokes, Feb 29, 2012
    Yeah, both seedlings were showing strange growth, a bit deformed and real thin leaves...not the lush look that I am used to seeing and I havent really changed all that much from my prior grows....the humidity already seems to be helping. I do tend to over-react sometimes though lol...we'll see how things turn out.

9. Hey Growsensmokes, i just got through with an lsd grow and its a hardy plant if you get the right pheno...

Hopefully you got the indica, in which case feed the fuck out of it, top the shit out of it and stand back ....:smoke:

Happy Growing!

Attached Files:

10. here my veg cab stats in the winter. im at 33% rh cuz i just hit with some mist but as you can see it drops down as low as 16%.... long as i get em with some mist every now and again i feel its fine

Attached Files:

11. #51 Chariot, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
    Hi kdiesel,

I just ordered one Barney's Farm LSD feminized seed last night (kind of on a budget),
    Sorry, no matter what I tried I couldn't get the link to work, but Attitude lists it as Indica / Sativa, mostly Indica. Does that look like the Indica you mentioned? Also, odor is a concern for me, can you tell me how much was involved with this grow?

Oh, one last thing, could this be good for a medical marijuana strain?

Thanks for any input.

-Chariot

12. L.S.D Marijuana Strain | Medical Cannabis Strain L.S.D.

Buzz Rating: LSD tastes earthy, nutty, and hashy on the inhale with a smooth yet piney exhale. Just as the name implies, this may have been the "trippiest" experience I've had from Cannabis. It's a very enjoyable body high with fuzzy thoughts occurring as well as possible confusion.

Medical Uses: Pain relief, anxiety, depresion, migraines, insomnia, socialization

sounds like a winner to me

• Like Like x 1
  13. #53 Chariot, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
    Thanks Tihspeed! That is a fantastic web site you just introduced me to. I have to check that out some more.

I am so glad I got the Barney's LSD now. Only I only got one seed! :eek:

Now I want two!

By the way The Attitude got me my last seeds to Eastern Pennsylvania, in 7 days flat. I thought that was good. What seed companies do you guys use?

-Chariot

p.s. Oh, one more thing, based on that description, if I have the Ona gel with fan and a home made carbon filter in my future 2 foot by three foot by 5 foot grow tent, should that keep things under control for just one or two Barney's LSD plants? It said "During maturity, LSD gives off a smell of dank and hash with a spicy undertone". I am not quite sure how dank and hash translate in terms of odor. Unfortunately I can't vent out side ...

14. If you do the research you can find a couple smoke reports out there, its getting to be a popular strain...as far as odor goes it isnt as stinky as a lot of strains but once it cures for a month WATCH OUT...i had a roach from this shit in my coat pocket, and my boss smell something funny on my coat THE NEXT DAY(this is after i took it out the previous night of course):rolleyes:

As far as being good for meds...i have RA and it is okay on its own for pain relief, but it seems this strain really gets some legs when you combine it with another(preferably a sativa). It just seems to enhance the high and it adds the trippy effect.

Although if you arent ready, it will knock you on your ass....i'll be honest, first time i tried it in week 8 it sat me down for a while!:D

P.S.
    Make sure you take clones if you get the strong indica pheno...i'm still kicking myself on that one:mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. def clone that shit out if you only got one bean. takes a run or 2 ta dial it in nd figure out just how you like it anyway.... i never get it right the first run i feel.

im a tude shopper as well.... and barneys makes some decent genetics as well. only ran VK so far but im happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I use weed-seeds.net because I am familiar with them...been using them for years but recently with the exchange rate of the US Dollar into GB Pounds they are getting outrageously priced...time for me to shop around . :D:

• Like Like x 1
  17. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']I use weed-seeds.net because I am familiar with them...been using them for years but recently with the exchange rate of the US Dollar into GB Pounds they are getting outrageously priced...time for me to shop around . :D:[/quote]

That is when I got my first batch and so far I'm pretty happy with them.

I did just get some seeds from The Original Sensible Seed Company (http://original-ssc.com/) last week. They shipped to the US in 11 days, packed in 2 different kinds of feminized seeds to try, and a couple packs of rolling papers. It was almost half the price of weed-seeds.net, too. Hopefully the plants from these new seeds turn out good!

18. Regarding humidity, I've been finding that leaves get brittle below 50, any where between 50 and 70% and the plants stay happy in veg.

It gets really dry here as well in the winter. Don't know if you bought humidifier yet GS but I bought this mister from Walgreens and it kicks ass! Walgreens High Output Dual Ultrasonic Humidifier | Walgreens
    My veg box was lingering at around 20% in my bedroom (210 square feet) The whole room and the box stays at 60% now with the mister pumping. I fill it once a day rund quiet. Your girls are looking good keep it up!

19. Hey ishum...yep I actually got 2 of them, a cool and a warm mist. I am really liking what I see from the growth under the warm mist....I have been varying the humidty level and they really seem to like it around 60% as you said...the only way I can keep any humidity in my tent is to shut off my exhasust fan so once I switch over to my HPS it will go back to around 25-30 %...thats just the way its gonna have to be...I hope they dont freak out when the time comes...I will post a few pics tomorrow..that will be 3 weeks from seed.