Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Potency Increase? Eating Hash Oil (in capsules), THEN consuming alcohol.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Iceman2damax, Feb 18, 2012.

1. ... You decarbed the bud prior to making hash with it? It might've been smart to mention that earlier so we didn't need to have that little argument, lol :smoke:. I thought you just turned a bunch of buds into hash oil, put the oil into a capsule, and planned to eat it.

2. I DIDN'T decarb it prior. I said I frooze the herb the make the THC strip easier when the isopropyll was added.
    Decarbing...THEN freezing does sound like a more potent oil yield.
    I don't see the difference of ingesting more THC-11 than THC-9 and vise versa, aside from a more potent product..
    Care to explain why decarbing makes the biggest difference in the world for this whole process to work.

3. I'd prefer potent hash edibles over not so potent hash edibles? Maybe that's just me though.

4. Most herb decarboxylates during the curing process... Assuming it was properly cured, the hash oil should still have an effect, but heating the bud before you qwiso'd would convert the leftover THC analogs into the intended delta-9 THC. Either way you should feel an effect from .6 grams of fairly pure hash oil but it may work better if you just soaked the .6 in a shot for a while and then drank the shot (do not use milk for a chaser! They don't mix well).

5. Me too, but, that takes more effort. That's just me though.

And it's not THAT drastic of increase in potency to where decarboxylation makes THAT much of a difference.

6. I'm really likin' that idea.
    then again...will the oil dissolve in ANOTHER added solvent? Yucky tasting shot!..but I like the general idea.

7. #27 DBV, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
    You'd be surprised, but the other cannabinoids may help to give you a more psychedelic effect (although delta-9 THC is what is thought to be the psychedelic cannabinoid)?

8. #28 Iceman2damax, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
    Yeah THC in general is the psychedelic component of cannabis. Different bi-products of THC are more/less potent.
    I know THC breaks down into anandamide in your body. Which is responsible for the "high" feeling.
    CBN's more responsible for the medical benefits of cannabis.

9. Listen OP,

Some of these jokers in here are squawking for matter-of-fact, so I'll be real with advice.

It sounds like you and I are almost exactly the same. Previous psychedelic experience, edibles experience, daily heavy smoker, and I've mixed edibles with alcohol, yet I'm drinking a few pitchers a few days a week with my friend.

Last time, I made edibles with vaped bud and stems, and a pinch of hash (maybe .5?) and made cookies. My gf, my friend and I each ate a cookie to test the potency. With an hour to go, we went and drank 2 pitchers (not my gf, she's lame). Not so strong but a sleepy feeling. So we went home and each ate 2 more of the cookies. So 3 all together.

Another 30 minutes and we were FUCKED up. Lmao my gf didn't even drink and she's like *nag nag* "everytime you make edibles they're too intense!" and she didn't drink.

For the record my pressed kief hash was NOT decarbed, but dropped into a pan of hot oil from the vaped bud.

You may black out. I also recently had 2 pitchers, 2 vape bowls, 6 shots of sailor Jerry, and a pitcher or 2 of beer again and all sorts of shit went down. I spilled water everywhere, peed in the bushes of the establishment, fell in my front lawn at 2:30 getting home. Wrestling, my friend accidentally stole someone's phone from the tad behind us and I invited them in for Kief bowls.

I didn't remember shit. Be careful, your hash caps might be super crazy intense, but the food will counteract the drinking fuck up effect. And from my experience edibles are more efficient on an empty stomach so it's sounding complicated to predict what will happen.

I believe the oil is decarbed by the alcohol from researching this a while back. The heads break from the stalk of the trichomes, releasing oils, decarboxylizing, as well as oxidizing to black with heat and pressure.

You should be good to go.

10. Thanks for the info and story!
    Being crossfaded is for sure one "fucked up" feeling. I don't usually black out, unless benzo's are involved but hey, I am definitely going to prep a little based off this :eek:

Anyone with more info or experiences?

11. I think there are a lot of people on this blog giving out bs information.

I made a beer infused with 'special hops' several years ago. I had people following me around all night. Beer tasted like an dark english ale, had a bit of a licorice taste to it, and was, by other's accounts VERY good.

Marijuana is soluable by three methods:
    1) Butterfat - have tried this method.
    2) Alcohol - using overproof rum, everclear. This worked for my beer. I used everclear and it worked great. I put 1 oz. of Mexican in 5 gallons of beer. One pint would be all you would want in an evening.
    3) Glycerine - never have made a mixture from this before. Would suspect you would only want to make hash oil out of it. I have heard of people making it this way.

I don't know about ingestion methods, I just came to this website to try to comfirm some of my ideas (since I'm currently making some steepings with Bacardi 151) and wanted to know how long to leave it set.

From what I'm reading here, I'd say that half here appear to have at least my level of knowledge or more, but the other half are saying things that flat aren't true.

If anyone knows how long to steep the Bacardi 151 and the buds, please let me know. Someone was posting only a day or so, but the last time I did this, I left the mixture in my fridge for 5 days before adding it to my wort (before fermentation into beer).

12. In the trailor park boys....when ricky was in jail during the winter

he said not to mix hash and rum....i would imagine it would be the same with oil

lol be carefull =p don't just experiement the first time going to a party you don't want to be the first guy passed out in the middle of the floor

13. #33 Gryphonics, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    So you're just going to eat one of the capsules?

Enjoy your waste of hash and placebo, you won't feel high, maybe an upset stomach.

The human body has a very hard time breaking down, absorbing and metabolizing thc unless it's in edibles, oil, tinctures, etc.

If we could just eat plain bud and hash to get baked then why do we smoke it, make edibles, etc? Because we CAN'T

14. #34 krfbmk, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    I know this is a slightly older post but I have been trying to find stories similar to what I just experienced. I currently have a legal grow and prescription for weed.  I have been doing this for about a year or so, and in regards to your ingesting question, my advice to is to be very, very careful...No joking around here.

The other day I was making Rick Simpson hash oil following a recipe online.  I did my research online and I personally hate smoking so I was looking for an alternate way to achieve my high. While making this stuff I ended up with a vile (5grams) of this stuff and what happened next knocked me on my ass for 2 full days and began with a trip to the ER.

I ingested about close to 2 grams of this stuff orally, and then down the hatch raw.  I am not even kidding you... Have you ever heard of people tell you stories about delays in getting high? Well, that happened to me. I ate this stuff around 2pm, and by 5pm it hit me like a punch to the head, not once but twice.  I am one for feeling a nice well rounded moderate high but this was unlike anything I experienced.  I was experiencing body waves, pins and needles, difficulties breathing, full blown paranoia, muscle spasms, sore lungs, to add to this I could barely walk.  This started at 5pm by 12am I had enough and I had a friend take me to the ER (7hours later and it was getting stronger).  I knew I was high, but I was becoming more concerned about the possibility of maybe ingesting too much to an almost poisonous effect, although I was the one who made it and I knew what went into it, I was just not aware of how much was too much. What the doctor told me next absolutely floored me.  She told me that to be safe she called poison control, and when she came back to my room she said "I have good news and bad news"  The good news is you're not going to die… Bad news is buckle up for the next 48 hours.... I can hear some of the pot heads laughing it up , saying that's awesome!  But it's not so awesome when you have to work the next day etc.. 

Long story short it wasn't a fun experience at all.  And after that I actually decided to stop with the weed altogether.  I am all about good feelings, and fun. That was neither . And for people saying thats a myth, that you can't get high eating it orally?  They don't know what the fuck they are talking about. I am a pretty real person as they come and I try not lie in general, so when I tell you this story, a 48 hour body buzz is not fun, no matter how cool you think it would be, I'm telling you think twice before you do it.

They use this shit to treat cancer patients, better to leave it for them.

15. Old debate, but good advice^^^ now ima go eat this gram of dab! excuse me

16. I gotta get me some Bhang.

17. Ok I am confused on this thread, I took my Hash, Decarbed in jar sealed with foil for 25min at 220*F
    Then I added vegetable oil and placed back in for 40min at 220*F. Someone please back me up that this is now a psychoactive edible ? I am putting it into gel caps