Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

how to not get tired when blazing?

• Please log in to reply

novem

novem

Registered Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 105 posts
ok so, i've been smoking regularly (nearly every day, mostly in the evening to help with sleep issues) since last june.

i usually use a pipe with a bowl that's pretty small as far as pipes go i think (my friends and i have estimated that 3 of my pipe's bowls = 1 regular bong bowl)

this never used to happen a lot, but now whenever i have even 1 bowl, i get completely zonked out, usually trouble keeping my eyes open. does anyone know why? does anyone know how to avoid this?

any help would be appreciated, i'd love to have my awesome highs back :)

***just to clarify, this is for the times when i want to stay awake after i smoke! sorry for the confusion

Edited by novem, 17 February 2012 - 04:59 PM.

walterbishop

walterbishop

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,757 posts
I usually drink a cup of coffee if I feel tired after smoking.

gk666

gk666

Kïñg öƒ Khäös

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
i would say pack your bowls less packed, more loose. iunno if this actually works, but when i get to that point ill smoke jut a little less until i get over that "phase"

Purpleface

Purpleface

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,478 posts
If your smoking to help you sleep then what's the problem. All you could do I guess is get a sativa dominant strain.

novem

novem

Registered Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 105 posts

If your smoking to help you sleep then what's the problem. All you could do I guess is get a sativa dominant strain.

sorry i guess i should've mentioned that this is for the times when it's not for sleep haha. thanks for the tip though.

phirestarter420

phirestarter420

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
The reason your getting tired is cause your BLAZING, in which case your using a lighter or a flame. When you use a flame it burns your product to nothing. All sedatives and carsinagins are released at 420° when you vape your only releasing the active thc and cbd ect not sedatives. Get a vape or do something active post blaze. I like to face bowls and then go board. Just figure out what you enjoy stoned and have fun!

Cali Smokes

Cali Smokes

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,159 posts

The reason your getting tired is cause your BLAZING, in which case your using a lighter or a flame. When you use a flame it burns your product to nothing. All sedatives and carsinagins are released at 420° when you vape your only releasing the active thc and cbd ect not sedatives. Get a vape or do something active post blaze. I like to face bowls and then go board. Just figure out what you enjoy stoned and have fun!

Uhhh what? Try eating something before you smoke or a sativa. India's will make you drowsy.

Dank Buddz420

Dank Buddz420

Stoner (:

• Registered Upgraded
  • 263 posts
if i smoke late at night, i get more of a chilled sleepy kinda high..
cus i to have trouble falling asleep

But if i smoke during the day, i chill with my friends walk around outside.. enjoy life :smoking:

so if its daytime go walk around outside or sumthin :P

MoneyBags420

MoneyBags420

• Registered Upgraded
  • 880 posts
wait im confused you said u smoke mostly to help with sleep issues, but you want to know how to stay awake when ur high?

waitDoIHaftaBrn

waitDoIHaftaBrn

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Vape and or coffee

Inforit

Inforit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 367 posts
redbull it and keep busy. if i sit in my recliner its all over. keep moving or doing something (not watching TV or listening to the stereo) those two put me right to sleep.

DABBING ERRL

DABBING ERRL

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 331 posts

ok so, i've been smoking regularly (nearly every day, mostly in the evening to help with sleep issues) since last june.

i usually use a pipe with a bowl that's pretty small as far as pipes go i think (my friends and i have estimated that 3 of my pipe's bowls = 1 regular bong bowl)

this never used to happen a lot, but now whenever i have even 1 bowl, i get completely zonked out, usually trouble keeping my eyes open. does anyone know why? does anyone know how to avoid this?

any help would be appreciated, i'd love to have my awesome highs back :)

Smoke a sativa dominate strain throughout the day. You shouldn't be tired :smoke: If you can only get indica i guess you could try some coffee.

waitDoIHaftaBrn

waitDoIHaftaBrn

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Dude said eating.before very valid as smoking causes a large Drop in blood sugar

KillaWillaBilla

KillaWillaBilla

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,210 posts
this is the result of being a lazy stoner if you lay around you will get tired if you stay active you will not get tired

rickyi75

rickyi75

• Registered Upgraded
  • 127 posts

Not true actually, the boiling points of the cannabinols in cannabis vary heavily:

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Dutchmaster617

Dutchmaster617

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
Don't burn after you are tired as it increases the ability to sleep. If I wake up after midnight and smoke I know for a fact I am wasting a portion of my high because I get so tired I can't even go for munchies.

On that same note I have trouble falling back asleep if I don't smoke.

Americandutchyz

Americandutchyz

That deranged psychotic alcoholic that needs to stop drinking bu

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,368 posts
1)Good, upbeat tunes
2)Drinking/Eating
3)Staying in an alert active mindset

A lot of people like to zone out when their stoned and theirs absolutely nothing wrong with that in fact I'm a huge fan of it unless I want to be up and about doing things. However, if I want to be up and about I use the first 2 tips and I try to concentrate on staying active and alert, works for me ;)

Atomic Labrador

Atomic Labrador

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,443 posts
Since I started vaping, I stopped getting heavy-eyed so often.

Zerve

Zerve

• Registered Upgraded
  • 700 posts
I really dont know how healthy this is, so don't ask me, but I have this soap that has caffeine in it (its called energy shock I think), if i'm feeling burnt out, I'll have a shower and use that, or even just wash my hands/arms/face with it and feel like I just drank 2 cups of coffee.

It probably causes cancer or something, but it works reeeeallly well when you're burnt out.

novem

novem

Registered Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 105 posts

I really dont know how healthy this is, so don't ask me, but I have this soap that has caffeine in it (its called energy shock I think), if i'm feeling burnt out, I'll have a shower and use that, or even just wash my hands/arms/face with it and feel like I just drank 2 cups of coffee.

It probably causes cancer or something, but it works reeeeallly well when you're burnt out.

that's amazing haha i've never heard of that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users