Man in Wheelchair Killed by Man Driving Under Influence of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by pearl75, Feb 16, 2012.

1. #101 Funk-D, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012

Yes, I'm sure you know all these athletes, and thus know for a fact whether or not they smoked or ate a few pot brownies before going on the field of whatever. No, I don't think smoking weed effects my reaction time...I toke and play bass and aren't slowed down in the least...in fact I think I play better.

Hell, I'm willing to bet that just about anyone who has smoked weed more then a few times can easily pass any field sobriety test a police officer can give them. I know I can...yeah sure weed slows me down a bit, but I don't think it's significant enough to deter me from driving. Hell in a lot of cases it makes me a better driver because I slow down, and pay attention to what I am doing...the only bad thing I can honestly say I do when I'm absolutely blitzed is drive slow like a senior fucking citizen or something. Every once in awhile when I am omega blitzed you might catch me driving 38 in a 45mph zone. That's it.

I say we agree to disagree....but I think people are more inclined to agree with me because I have actual evidence behind what I say...and all you really have is your opinion. Good marijuana and it's effects on drivers...hell I'm pretty sure Norml's assessment has been linked here, but for your sake I'll do it again.

Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence

Take note of the title. A review of the SCIENTIFIC evidence. Not what I think, or how I feel. Yes, it effects are there and are very slight...and not enough to play a significance role in traffic accidents. And on top of that people are willing to recognize the effects, and then compensate for them unlike oh say alcohol which just makes the person thing their a bad ass Mario Andretti character with Superman like invulnerability or some shit.

2. I don't understand why you think I'm against driving while high. My first post in this thread was not about that at all. I'm not really arguing against you. I'm just saying I can understand why people are against driving while high.

3. This could have been a tragic story. Just imagine if the old man had been driving. Kids know not to play in the road so I have no sympathy for the man. Do dumb shit and shit seems to happen.

4. No one has died of direct use of marijuana. It's obvious that people have done stupid shit while high that may have killed people, but accidents happen while you're sober too.