Man in Wheelchair Killed by Man Driving Under Influence of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by pearl75, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Dude, if you smoke weed I am almost positive that you've driven around with it. Let's remember not everyone lives in the same place as you. I live in Alabama there is not a good public transportation system here. And you're an idiot if you think I'm going to call a taxi when I have a car.

You're going to drive around with weed from time to time......walking around with weed, is just as suspect as driving around with it. It's an inevitable risk. This guy drew the short straw, it could happen to anyone.

2. That sucks, evansville is not very far from me, strange that these things happen a hour down the road

3. Hey funk, u absolutely right....even tho u from ala.. And yall beat da shit outa lsu the 2nd time...toke on dude u gotta good logical mind

4. Just a random comment. When your take a urine test they are not looking for THC, instead they test for THC-COOH or carboxy thc... It is not possible to prove someone was high at the time of the accident by a lab test.

5. 100% true. Unless the cops showed up in less than a few minutes there was no excuse for still having the stuff.

6. people these days cant drive sober, how can you expect them to drive while high. damn society, why you so dumb?

7. I don't understand why people drive high. It's not safe...you might feel like you can do it no problem, but it does impair you, no matter what you say

8. Really? Then it should not be all that difficult to prove it, right? :D

;)I'm waiting.......

9. Sadly its because the gene pool needs to be cleaned.... And I don't think there is enough bleach for the job.

10. Im usually all for smoking & driving. but after the drive home i had today after facing a joint.....I think im going to chill out on the high driving.

11. Definitely shouldn't drive stoned.

If you can't actually FOCUS on the driving, then don't drive.

I've driven high plenty of times... but I know right when I turn on the car that I need to ignore the desire to just chill out, and actually focus on making sure I'm driving safely.

But driving stoned is completely different than driving high. If you're stoned, that generally means you are all but passed out.

Just make sure you can focus on the road, and KEEP your focus on the road. If you can't do that, don't drive.

12. Not that serious. Keep thinking about it dumb asses.

13. Been doing it for 10 years with not one problem. I am sure the dude was on his cell phone while trying to pack another bowl

14. I have never driven with weed. Not a single time. I learned to walk when I pick stuff up, because there's so much less of a chance you'll be caught.

15. [quote name='"Laith"'] I have never driven with weed. Not a single time. I learned to walk when I pick stuff up, because there's so much less of a chance you'll be caught.[/quote]

As long as u don't drive like a dumbass there is no worry.

16. If you drive in a legal manner then you are 90% safe of having any discussion with a police officer,,the other 10% is accidents,equipment failure and bad luck.

Every LE org has a side of the road impaired drivers test and thay can test any driver,in their judgement,that they have a reason to stop.

If you can pass their impairment test it should end the encounter,,unless (bad luck,see above)you get stopped by Barney Fife or Sheriff Rosco P Coltrane.

I have never had to blow into a breathalyzer and was high as fuck at the time,,his reason for stopping me was a loose wire on a taillight causing it to flash on every bump. I guess the open bag of Cheetos and the half gone Dr Pepper clued him to test me.

17. -1 for us, +1 for faggotry..

18. These stuff,rarely happen.I hear about incidence under the influence of weed happen rarely 1's every 2 years.BUT,ant-marijuana people take this strongly as of the world is destroying,that's the problem here.

19. Exactly,and every time you see an article where posting is allowed you should respond with science and facts,,anecdotal reponses do little to persuade fence sitters.

Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence

20. In a more just world, the family of the man hit would decide if charges were brought on the kid. Instead, we have vigilante prosecutors going ahead with cases like this no matter the circumstances or familial wishes. I'd take my chances in court if I were that kid. These reports of people telling the old man to get off the streets will help him immensely.

It may or may not have contributed to the accident. I just prefer knowing that maybe I could have stopped if in a better state of mind to drive under. You don't get a second chance in this stuff. That's the point. Not if you're "good enough" to drive.