Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles Gave Me a Crucial Stomach Ache

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KushFanDango, Feb 15, 2012.

1. I ate about two fire crackers, roughly .5-.7 in each one. Felt amazing but my stomach started hurting really bad at one point. I am thinking I ate to much candy and thats what triggered it.

Has anyone else gotten a stomach ache from eating weed goodies?

2. I was expecting a story where you got really high/paranoid about your stomach hurting, so you went to the hospital to get your stomach checked. They find nothing wrong with your stomach, but they end up finding something else and saving your life.

But, i think you need to recheck the definition of crucial.

On topic, i guess, one time i had some firecrackers that got me to 11 on a 1-10 scale, and they made me a bit nauseous because my bed felt like a boat on the ocean.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I get stomach aches from the butter used in edibles, not the marijuana itself. Doesn't seem likely with a firecracker though... Unless you put the entire jar of peanut butter on it. Probably eat fruit next time to satisfy the munchies haha 

4. Nope. Never.

5. It makes my poo and farts smell like herb when I eat a ton of bud/ AVB in a firecracker. Gives me gas

Shoe boss

• Like Like x 2
  6. So far the only edible I can eat is a tincture based edible such as ethos extracts indica one. I am working on a tincture now but so far it kills my stomach. I hate to throw away thc...

7. Cannabis in plant form is hard for many people to digest.

Try making something from the cannabis (butter, oil, tincture) where the cannabis is filtered out.

My personal preference is to make a Green Dragon tincture using the recipe found at the beginning of PsychadelicSam tincture thread.

It is a stickie thread called:Another Tincture Thread, try it you'll like it.

You do not have to read the whole thread. There is an index.

I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the process of tincture making and then ask questions BEFORE you start making your first batch.

8. its all of the drunk butt sex. stop drinking so much.

jokes aside, ya i get a stomach ache sometimes. you might try making them less potent so you have to eat more to get a buzz or just take them with something already in your stomach.

9. Straining is key. Also, making gd from alcohol is also the only way to make all other medicines. When using the freezer, it can make straining much easier and effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Old post but yes every time I eat them my stomach kills me. Only smoke and vape

11. I just asked a similar question lol. For me they mess with my stomach more so the next day than during the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Got the same issue today!
    Tried a "Firecracker" for the first time and had an intense stomach pain, nausea and vomiting.
    After 3h everything went fine and i looked it up on the net and found this...

"Marijuana is having a moment. The once recreational-use-only drug is now considered by many as a medicine, an anti-nauseant and pain reliever, even an epilepsy medication.

But some long-term “pot heads” are finding the drug they once loved can suddenly turn on them and become almost toxic.

These users are developing a little-understood condition called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome that brings on unrelenting vomiting, nausea and stomach pain."

13. OP is 6 years old.

14. But as long as we are on this topic... The problem with stuff like half-gram firecrackers is dosage concentration in combination with whatever else might be in your gut at the time. The human body is a marvelously well-adapted organism with many built-in self protection mechanisms. One of the mechanisms is autoimmune gastric reaction. Your mind-body sync gets confused when the signals contradict. Getting real stoned with the source focused from one small spot in your gut triggers - you guessed it - vomit! Not because the weed is bad or hurting you, but because your body is saying I don't understand it, get this shyt out, now!

Next time eat the crackers with a sandwich.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

15. I don't have this problem it's the person who bumped it lol

I make edibles with hash & I've never had problems like it then again I've only done them a handful of times, maybe some people just can't stomach it lol

16. I think I am the canary in the coal mine here. I finally pinpointed my 2-day long sleepless, sweating, vomiting attacks to some chocolates I have been consuming from a friend. Everyone but me gets wasted from half a dose, but they don't get me that high because of my resistance from smoking so much, so I would consume a lot, like 1-2 dozen bite-sized over 2-3 days, I had the munchies and it was the only chocolate in the house, lol. I have been smoking every day for 35 years and eating regular chocolate once every couple of weeks for even longer, so I never thought it could be an edible with the combination. It feels like a stomach blockage, so bad it hospitalized me last time for a day. My heart went into AFIB from dehydration because I had not held down water in 2 days. I was given an IV of fluid and some anti-nausea meds for cancer patients, the doctor said food poisoning. Until it happened again, I had no idea it was the chocolate, I thought it was bad chicken from a Thai restaurant the first time. I agree with you 100%, this is just a physical reaction to a foreign substance.