Best Pipe Cleaner Money Can Buy

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dr RealGood, Jun 26, 2010.

1. #1 Dr RealGood, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this. I guess you can consider it a Toking Tool tool.

There's nothing better than smoking through a clean bowl or bong. I get asked all the time what I use to clean my pipes. And I've found one of the cheapest and best ways a few years ago and have never turned back. I use to boil my bowl to get it clean, but even when you boil it, all the oils and resins make a film on top of the water that gets all over your bowl as soon as you pull it out. When I worked for a local ambulance service, we used this cleaner that we bought at the local Dollar Store for $1.00 a bottle to clean off all the blood and whatever else got inside of our truck. It's called "L.A.'s Totally Awesome" and it works amazing on any washable piece. (glass, acrylic, metal, etc...)

All I do is soak whatever dirty piece i have in it over night, and in the morning it looks like brand new. I normally run it through the dish washer or give it a pretty good hand washing to make sure all the awesome is washed off of it before I smoke it. But that's all you have to do. Next time I clean my bowl I'll upload some before and after pix for the skeptics.

P.s. If there is any glue on your piece holding it together from the last time you dropped it, the awesome will eat through it. AND, I don't work for awesome. This isn't an ad of any kind. I just think this stuff is Bad-@$$

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      46.3 KB
      Views:
  2. I don't think they sell this stuff around where I live. Any alternatives for cleaning a ceramic/metal pipe? Thanks in advance! :)

3. I may have to look for some of this stuff, I go to school at Penn State, which is pretty close to Pittsburgh, so maybe they'd have it around me.

4. Yeah. They probably will. Try Dollar stores. That's where I buy it around my house, at a "Dollar tree"

5. My Iso thread got moved here so pipe cleaners are definitely a "toking tool".

This stuff looks dope. I'll have to look for some next time I'm at the dollar store.

6. #6 Dr RealGood, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
    Here's some before and after shots.

Attached Files:

7. Do not use this stuff on metal. It just destroyed a cheap metal pipe in 12 hours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. If you really like smoking out of a clean bowl or bong, that means you probably clean it atleast once a month.

Cleaning my daily spoon doesn't take more than 10 mins with 90% iso, some salt, and pipe cleaners from the LHS ($1 for 100 of them). I clean my spoon about once a month, and use it atleast twice a day. Cleaning a piece shouldn't need all these different chemicals, hell, I've even cleaned it with just iso, a 20 oz water bottle, and pipe cleaners and it looked good as new.

Like the guy above mentioned, it destroyed metal, its probably too strong and overkill to just clean some old herb from glass.

Also, I would never boil glass, thats just asking for trouble.

9. My moms has a grip of this bottles under the sink and I never once thought about using it to clean pieces. Looks like my bong is due for a cleaning tomorrow !

10. chillums dont require any cleaning solution bc you can just wipe out the chamber with a qtip as you go. :cool:

i mean bongs are a different story, but im never buying another spoon or sherlock or traditonally shaped pipe, bc those get so filthy and the only way TO clean them is a soak. but why do that when you can just wipe.

im a chillum hardliner.

11. Nice I'll keep a look out, never heard of it or seen it in MD. Looks like it works well. I've heard salt+iso makes glass weaker, although I don't entirely believe it, I try to use Grunge-Off more often. This stuff is just a lot cheaper.

12. Wow. I've never soaked a metal pipe in it more than a few hours. Like 3 tops. This shit is pretty powerful. At least they're cheap!

13. I just bought this stuff at dollar tree and it works much better than salt an iso. It says "do not use concentrated on glass" does anyone know why?

14. I use Sea salt and 91 Iso its mint to cleans the tube beyond brand new now that i think of it im gona go take my tube to the bathroom and clean it.

15. I usually use iso and salt, but this was cheaper and actually cleaned better. Salt and iso is good for an average cleaning but doesnt work great on percs or hard water stains, not to mention the salt residue after. I just plugged my bong with a wine cork and filled it half with this and half with boiling water...clean as new.

16. Yeah man, It works great. Glad I could be of assistance. haha

17. #17 710world, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Make sure you read all the precautions on the bottle before using... lots of stuff you should know about it, for example don’t dump it down your drains!

18. BBB3BD14-1B7F-4A13-90CF-F7D63F886CDA.jpeg Oh my god I am so glad to have found this thread! While I usually would clean by bong with Isopropyl, it would take hours and hours to work and all the resin wouldn’t come off, I’d also have to use so much of it and Iso is not cheap for me to buy. I tried this Totally Awesome stuff and I gotta say, nothing as ever cleaned my bong better! I soaked it for about 5 hrs overnight as I slept and all the resin was gone, popped it in the dishwasher after to get any of the Awesome off. I used almost a whole medium sized bottle to clean by whole bong and bowls/stems. Looked for the stuff at my local Dollar Tree as suggested in this thread and found two different size bottles in the cleaning section for $1.25 only, I’m located in Ontario Canada. Not only does it clean better than anything I’ve used but it’s so much cheaper too!
    I will post before and after pictures.
    Tip: be careful when pouring it into your glassware that you don’t spill it on your table/surface as it will eat away at the finish if left unnoticed.

Attached Files:

19. What is the active ingredient?

20. I usually use TH Cleaner.. but you need to wash it off with water like really hard after that.. it has this weird ass smell, but it works perfectly.
    But sometimes I just put my glass/ceramic/metal pieces into boiling water. Sometimes with sea salt.. boiling is efficient.. but depends on the size of glass pieces... not easy to clean biiig bongs