Marginally Official How-To: Light Bulb Vaporizer! *Pics!*

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ProtoHype, Apr 5, 2005.

?

Is this post helpful for the stoner community?

1. Yeah! Good Info and usable directions

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. what the hell language is that?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. its good, but it kinda sucked too

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hey dude. Here is the OFFICIAL HOW-TO ON CREATING A LIGHTBULB VAPORIZER.

MATERIALS:

1 bottle cap from a 2 liter or 20oz bottle of soda (i always have had good luck wiht a coke cap)

1 high wattage lightbulb (!MUST! Be sure that the wattage on the bulb is > 100watts)
    a. Must be a regular incandescent bulb (see pics)
    b. Do NOT use the "nautual light" bulbs

1 Bic (or equivelant) pen to be used as the "hose" from which you suck vapors from bulb.

TOOLS:

I have always used my swiss army knife and could complete all necessary steps with this tool. If you're in a pinch, you can get by with simply a sharp, easily controlled knife.

HOW-TO:

Take your lightbulb. Hold in front of you and study the metal threaded section. This is very thin metal. Procede to cut off the "first tier" of threads and remove the bottom contact and the "cap" formed from cutting the first tier of threads. (see pic 1). You will now notice a piece of glass going into the bulb. you want to place then blade of the knife INTO this "tube" of glass and swiftly twist or jerk blade to either side to cause it to break from base. you will hear the vaccumm equalize and you will also have this piece of glass rattling about inside of your uncapped bulb. (See pic 2) Remove all debris from bulb and then you MUST WASH IT OUT SEVERAL TIMES! the white powder iniside sint good to consume. wash out bulb and it will become crystal clear.

Your bulb is now ready. the last step and easiest (no pics needed hopefully) is to take your pen, remove both ends as to make it into a straw. cut a hole in the center of the cap extrememly close to the diIfameter of the pen-straw. then, simply insert your "straw" intot he hole in the lid and test fit the cap assembly onto the top of the bulb. DO NOT TWIST IT ON TOO TIGHTLY. you do NOT want a perfect seal.

USE: put some herbature inside the bulb, heat slowly with a clean burning flame (zippos and such will make blulb black! when you see some haze in the bulb, suck it out and feel the buzzzzzz!

Anyone with revisions or improvments, please share!

Attached Files:

2. maaaaan, i used one of those before, it made my lungs hurt so bad.. :(

but hey goodluck :wave:

3. I had a homemade vaporizer once, I made from a peice of equipment from the science lab at my school. It was like a glass orb with a stem on it. Perfect shape. Then my mom found it :mad: Living at home made it hard to toke, but now that I'm in a college dorm I still get busted by the RA (should have used a vaporizer, or at least blown hits out the window like a non-dumbass).

4. i made that but after you wash it it tastes really gross when you suck in when theres no weed in it , anyone else expierence it ?

5. Vaps are so nasty... just go outside and smoke.

6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of smoking from a vap??

7. pros:

much less tar
    uses less herb
    very faint smell

cons:
    tatstes nasty
    tastes even nastier
    fragile
    needs "heated up"
    burns the shit outa ur lungs with a good hit

8. Yeah i made one of those before. I'll tell you my tips, one is that a pair of pliers, wire cutters, and needle nose will work a lot better. First take the pliers and carefully crunch all around the top of the metal thread to break up all the clay or dark glass or whatever that shit is, then take the wire cutters and just make a cut in the metal, grab your pliers again and just peel the rest of the metal off, or as much as you can. Next use the needle noses to break off the glass stem inside, i used them simply cause it'll make a bigger whole without having to repeatably break glass, cause the more you break a bigger chance you have of shattering the bulb, i think i ended up going through 2 before i got one that didn't break. Next a nice attachment is just cutting off the top of a small plastic soda bottle with cap and making 2 holes in the cap big enough for a empty pen casing each, and tape the plastic bottle top onto the bulb. One of the pen casing should go all the way into the chamber and this is your carb, the other one just needs to go in like half an inch and this is your mouth piece. Now you have a reusable, air tight crank pipe...i mean vaporiser. Check out these links, there's even one on the city about this...

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=48534&highlight=homemade+vapo
    http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1376

Oh yeah just remembered, it's a lot better to use a candle to heat it up also, ends up using a shit load of light fuel. Peace

9. look i made tell me if i did it right

Attached Files:

10. yeah dude, that looks good. remember to keep it clean so it doenst get grungies in there that make it hard to see when that thing is charged up and ready to to be hit.

11. Since when has using a Vap ripped your lungs up? I have yet to try mine (I lent it to a dealer 5 months ago..fs), but I thought the smoke you inhaled is cleaner and has less tar etc in it.

12. i just used it and I must say... this is very good high for this cheap... but im still getting a real vaporizer in a few days... oh the taste kinda sucks though, but it's totally worth it.

13. yea those look like they would be better for smoking ice or crack or something like that. i'd prefer to just smoke

14. +rep for a great, useful post. I'm gonna try that this summer.

15. thanks dude
    ur post inspired me to get high with one
    :D:D

16. does it smell when you use this? could i use it with the rent home without smelling like weed

17. hunter s thompson would be proud.

18. but only because it would work great to smoke meth through.

19. does it smell when u use it still?

20. No smell. I don't notice any at all when I use mine