Wooden Bong Idea

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Advisary4220, Mar 7, 2010.

1. #1 Advisary4220, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    So I live out in the fuckin boonies. And in order to stay warm (not the warm feeling inside your chest after you take a fat bong rip :)) I have to use the good o'le wood stove. So I'm constantly cutting wood and it hit me just a minute ago. I have all the materials needed to make a nice wooden bong. I Would use the wood as a chamber and put a glass stem on it along with badass glass bowl and make it a pull carb.

I would use a water sealer on the inside so the water wouldn't leak through. For cleaning you could just shake some rubbing alcohol in it or some 420 cleaner good as new. For the taste, water sealer is like glass after it is good and dried. IDK though I will see how it taste once I finish it =)

Thanks for all the input guys! It has helped me in the planning of this tremendously! And yes I would make a base for it =). Also I would send all the cut out pieces with it for transporting. So you could stick the piece of wood into the mouthpiece and the stem hole so it looks just like a fucking log! I think that would be BITCHEN so the po's just see a log LMAO!

I was wondering if I could possibly make a business out of it making custom wooden bongs and pipes. I can carve just about anything out of a piece of wood. I think it would be sick to use my skills to help the smokers who are sick of busting their expensive glass pieces. So I guess my question is would you as a smoker spend 30 bucks on a custom made wooden piece?

And these pieces would be cured so they won't break or chip or leave splinters in your lip. It would be high quality shit! I am working on one as we speak. I will post a picture of it when it's done! I can't wait to see how this will turn out.

Happy Smoking!

2. of course it all depends on the finished product, but i personally would rather buy glass. some problems i can see with a wooden bong:
    -cleaning could be an issue
    -taste probably won't be as good as an all glass piece
    -water could soak through. maybe this could be solved by coating the inside in wax or something?

that's just me though. i'm sure plenty of people would be down to buy a wooden bong. and 30 bucks is a great deal. post pics when you're done with the first one!

3. I thought about all that stuff to pisomojado101. I would use a water sealer on the inside so the water wouldn't leak through. For cleaning you could just shake some rubbing alcohol in it or some 420 cleaner good as new. For the taste, water sealer is like glass after it is good and dried. IDK though I will see how it taste once I finish it =)

4. Ya you could ttly make a living with this, I'd have no problem busting out $30 on a sick ass wooden bong. Yo, once u have pics can u pm me? I'll later pm u the pics of my SICK glass slider bong that I made out of a small Appleton rum bottle.

5. Thanks Badze. You just gave me inspiration! I think I saw your slider on a earlier post of the guy who made a homemade pipe. If it's that one, it was fuckin tight as hell. It'll take me a while to get this first one good and done. I am just blueprinting it if thats what you'd call it.

6. No that wasn't my bong. Even though his kiks ass I think mine is abit better looking. Anyway,I'll pm u the picture in an hour or so, cuz rightnow I'm using my iPod touch to type this up, and the pics are on my cell phone :(

7. Ohh... If it's better lookin than that then fuck yea. But Im in no real big hurry. Time to go up to the shop and start working on this motha-fucka!

8. It could be tight! Make 1000$ looking pieces for 50$. The only problem I see is the water seeping into the wood and making it mold/rot which would be gross.

9. Agree 100%

10. Depending on the craftmanship, and price of course, I would entertain the notion of buying a wooden bong :p

11. Yup i've thought about all that shit. I have come up with solutions!

12. Here you go man. Bamboo :)

But if you make it use a bigger log at the base for a reservoir, then a tube coming out of it the bowl would go in a lot better and could be removable. :hello:

Zoekresultaten voor

[​IMG]

13. dude. i would totally buy one of those! hit me up if you start shipping some out! :D

14. Thanks for all the input guys! It has helped me in the planning of this tremendously! And yes I would make a base for it =). Also I would send all the cut out pieces with it for transporting. So you could stick the piece of wood into the mouthpiece and the stem hole so it looks just like a fucking log! I think that would be BITCHEN so the po's just see a log LMAO!

15. damn, i cant upload the pic from my cell...fuuuuuck how do i send u the daam pics????

16. here are the pics in order:

my joints i rolled
    my homemade bong
    my current stash

Attached Files:

17. Hell yea man... Thats a killer setup! You can't go wrong with the sliders they are the shizzznit!

18. i also have bout 4 weed pipes including the one inside my stash. i have 2 tobacco pipes, and 3 hookas. i almost always use the small sopstone pipe that is inside my stash, i only used my bong like 8 times so far, and ive had it for a year:confused_2:

19. Oh well man... I prefer pipes myself. Its a killer setup though. Thats some nice Hydro you got goin on there. Here in Oregon we don't get hydro that much. Its all outdoor here and I have the bomb hook-up! I would like to get my hands on some though!

Happy Smokin yo!

20. ye hydro is the shit. i cant wait to finish this half o cuz the strain specific effcts are getting to me, makes me twitch a lot, and gives me mad spins sometimes. im thinking of getting white widow next time...hmm...oh and i need to use the bong more, cuz its a shame for it to just BE there, i need to USE it