Caseball2051's DIY Stash Can (Simple)

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by caseball2051, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Alright folks, we all know that the 2 things that deteriorate herb the most is light and heat. With this in mind, i rigged myself up a nice little stash jar. It was quick and simple, and cheap! I made this out of supplies i had around the house.

First: The supplies.

a. I used a Hormel Bacon Bits container. (as seen in the following picture below) Bacon bits are probably the best condiment on earth anyhow, so i had an almost empty jar of them. This is also made of glass, which helps with durability.

[​IMG]

b. black electrical tape.

[​IMG]

Process:

a. Take label off of the bacon bits container.
    b. Wash out thoroughly.
    c. Let dry (optional)
    d. Wrap black tape around jar. You should cover the entire surface area to let no light in. This requires that you overlap the tape. Similiar to if you were to re-grip a baseball bat. (below)

[​IMG]

Then you are finished. This container pictured can fit a good amount of herb in it. Its practical to carry around and hide as well. I was able to fit a half ounce in there! Your bigger buds will not be able to fit inside of this however. the opening is only about 1 inch wide, 1.5 inches at the most.

I hope this can help someone!

I will post a pic of the finished product later. But its fairly simple enough that its probably not even neccessary. Any questions? Fire away, id be glad to help anyone out.

2. I thought it was going to be a tennis racket that had a screw off handle that could hold 5-10 grams.. :eek:

3. your tutorial has left me speechless.

4. nah, just a jar. it seems to work well though!

5. here is final product.

Attached Files:

6. Actually, the black electrical tape should do well at blocking out UV light, and thus preserving your bud longer. (i'm not sure if that is your original intent or not).

7. Im not sure of electrical tapes UV blocking abilities, but it blocks out 99% of visible light. It is real dark in that jar.

Ive had some dank in one of these for 5 months and it looks, feels and smells the same as the day i bought it.

8. maybe just start out with a dark container-

9. this was free and works well. itll help someone i hope.

10. I just use a pill jar

11. that's how my family brings bud through airports for vacation :D.