(HOW TO) make your own Bee-Line alternative

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by HPIAdam, Jun 30, 2009.

1. 1) go to your local craft store, go to the candle making section and pick up a nice 1lb block of natural beeswax for about 15 bucks. grab some 100% hemp twine or string as well, this can also be found in the craft store.

2) grab a lighter or torch, a small knife, and a small dish (that you dont plan on using for anything else, there will be beeswax stuck to it thats a pain to clean out!) Heat up your knife till its nice and toasty, run it through the beeswax block and take a nice little chunk out. You then want to melt this chunk into the small dish, grab a nice long peice of hemp line, bundle it together nicely, and stick it in the little dish, coating everything with a nice thick layer of beeswax. take it out, wait about 30 seconds for it to cool

3) while pinching the line, pull it through your fingers, getting the excess beeswax off, leaving the perfect amount for smoking. recycle the shavings so you dont waste anything.

Chronic beeline users now have a perfect, cheap alternative for healthy smoking.

hope you all enjoy!

2. yea i guess, but its not like beeline is expensive to begin with. But w/e its still a good idea.

3. Iunno... I have to drive an hour to get it. I might have to try it when my recent hemp wick purchase runs out...

4. Great idea, nonetheless :hello:

5. Yes good idea and I love bee-line :)

6. great idea man i have been looking for it locally with no luck now i have an alternative. +rep

7. Why not just buy a big spool of it online instead of driving however long it takes? :smoking:

8. it still costs MORE to buy it from them, why not save yourself money, to use on green, and have the satisfaction of making your own, maybe selling it to fellow smokers.

just tryin to give ppl easy, cheap ways to smoke healthier!

9. It's not that your tutorial was hard to follow (or that it's a difficult) procedure, but it would generate a lot more traffic through here (and people following it) if you had a video tutorial.

I'm going to try this in the next couple of days, if I'm not too lazy maybe I'll make a video. :D

10. I have been doing this for a while.
    I bought some twine, and just used that....all the stores i have went to dont have any beeswax. lol.

11. how well did just twine work?

12. i totally agree, most stoners dont have the "time" to read that, maybe ill make a video or do some pics

13. It took a minute to read..
    A demenstration along with these type of things simply helps people more when trying to do it.
    I wouldn't use fifteen bucks on bee wax but thats just me.

14. #14 HashMonkey, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
    yeah take some pics =]

oh hey were there any smaller blocks of beeswax at your craft store?

15. honestly, i just stuck the block in the front of my pants and walked out of the store, the old ladys dont know whats up, i dont have 15 to spend on beeswax either, and im NOT condoning stealing...

no, i wish there was, like maybe 1/4 lb blocks for like 5 bucks would be perfect, maybe sell some finished product to friends to make up for buying the big block and maybe a little profit

16. post some pics man.

17. I heard adding Kerosene and Charcoal ash to the beeswax helps it burn longer.

18. The whole point of using beeline (or any wick) is so you dont have to taste butane, kerosene, etc.

19. ...yah...and if you smoked Kerosene and Charcoal ash you'd probably have some serious health complications.

20. Just went out to Michael's and bought some today. Can't wait to try this! :hello: