HiSi Review (Huge Pics)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CircleCityToker, May 1, 2009.

1. #1 CircleCityToker, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
    Thanks to DiamondRasta we got a lead on a new Smoke Shop. today we picked up a HiSi with cup perc. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    on the table

[​IMG]
    Base and down stem

[​IMG]
    Ac with diffuser and base

[​IMG]
    Front of the Cup perc, kinda can see the ice catcher nubs

[​IMG]
    bowl

[​IMG]
    cup perc

[​IMG]
    Ice catcher

[​IMG]
    Shelf shot for reference

[​IMG]
    Milky

[​IMG]
    milky closer

[​IMG]
    Bubbles

The review:

Bowl Size: .5 grams = 6 tokes
    Percs: Cup Perc, diffused down steam and AC
    Drag: Light
    Ice Catcher: Nub ice catchers
    Thickness: 5 mm
    Joints: GonG
    Cleaning: Easy
    Price: 250-275$ haggle. Local shop 20 past 4 and more.
    The glarp: None with ice, easily with out.

Tech: Cross cut bowl for improved air flow. Diffused AC. Diffused down stem. Hanging cup perc thingy. I was slightly confused on how to fill and work this thing at first, but it worked itself out. Side walls are advertised online on the newer pieces by HiSi as 7mm, ours is only 5 but feels pretty damn heavy. My information provided by the worker at my neighborhood head shop was inccorect, HiSi is indeed made in California, good to know. :D

Positive: Air flow is impeccable. Fairly huge tokes can be taken easily. Glass feels extremely heavy and sturdy unlike most china glass. The cup perc really breaks up the smoke efficiently for smooth draws. Very little splash with ice.

Negatives: The main negative I see with this little guy is tube length. When not loaded with ice the cup perc generates way to much glarpy splashing badness. The perc stops functioning after the ice melts so no being a lazy stoner and just loading a bit more ice in.

Over All: I really like this little guy. It has replaced our old china glass double perc as one of out favorite quick ways to get lit. Two bowls pretty much does it for three, which in this time of economic hardship is cool by me.

-CCT

2. Dude! That looks epic, looks like you got a really good buy man, enjoy.
    :bongin:

3. great looking piece and nice review i like it looks a little too small for me but if it packs a punch then its worth it in my eyes

4. Nice review, interesting to find a china glass thats not really thin. Never seen the cup perc but it sounds like it works ok. Happy toking :smoking:

5. How does a cup perc work? Never heard of it and I'm always interested in learning new shit :)

6. ohHHHzzz noEzzz itzzz a whyTe biC lighTerRRR!!

just kidding man, but that is a sick looking piece. you think you can post a milk vid that way we can really see how everything works?

7. I would appreciate it greatly if you could message me telling me where the new smoke shop is at. I'm looking for some new glass now that my RooR is broken.

Thanks!

8. nice milkshots.

9. def nice milk, you should make a video for us to see that being hit

10. The cup perc hangs from under the Straight part of the tube right over the base. You fill it with water until it barely touches the bottom of the perc grid. I believe it mostly breaks up the smoke after it travels threw the water giving you little bubbles of smoky goodness that reform into a very solid toke. At least that is what looks like what is happening to me.

Hamsandwich Pm sent :D

11. that bong looks sweet man! and def + rep on that milk :smoking:

12. I was just looking at that SAME bong at this headshop by me yesterday..i love it!

13. Dont know how much you care, but i am known around these parts in the shops, and can usually get a better deal than most people... just FYI for the next time you see something you like...

Also CCT... did you see any [Strobel] glass while you were at the bus? I was in there a few months ago and they had 2 strobel bingers, I fell in love instantly.

p.s.- alright diamond rasta! way to hook it up! ;)

14. I like it :)

15. Diamondrasta next time I know I will be buying something we might just send you a PM. You would think with the amount of cash we drop in the bus they would cut us some better deals by now but meh. Maybe after I do some reviews of their shops they might cut me a break .:rolleyes:

I have no means to take a milkshot vid. Blew our AV fund on our cannon. I have a friend though that will have a high speed digital by next week so maybe I will be able to go back and fill in some milk vids on these reviews.

I am going to post a pipe review next, a 14 inch "gandalf" or "long strider". Then I will get back to hitting up all of our water pieces (china and cheap american mostly reviewing shape vs toke).

-CCT

16. why dont you put this all in one thread instead of making a new one everytime?

17. 20 past 4 has some greats bongs. have you seen the chicken bowl they have there for 180$?

18. I am still kicking around just one thread or a master thread. I like being able to comment back on each one individually so the thread does not get all muddled up. Easier on navigation to just put them in one thread I suppose.

-CCT

19. They have 2 of them at the bus, and 1 or 2 at headlines... they are all the same price tho i think

...reminds me of the illadelph chicken shit... forget the artist name

20. Hey nice review. I picked one of these up this morning but it's 20'' with two percs instead of one. I'm on my way to work so I don't have time to try and figure things out but I got zero clue on how to properly fill this thing. To be honest I never even seen a bong with a perc till last week when my roor got stolen (got it back tho :devious:) so I can admit I might be a bit out of my league with this. So I would appreciate some advice on how to fill this thing with water and sorry if this post is old but I googled it.