spliff smokers, how do YOU roll your spliff?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by architoker, May 1, 2011.

1. hey everyone! been doing a fair amount of rolling lately, both j's and spliffs. and i was curious, how does everyone else out there roll their spliffs? there are many different methods as to how one could roll a spliff, so show me yours!

i'm not asking how to roll a spliff... i'm just curious, as someone who smokes the occasional (or often) spliff, how do you roll it up? are there certain methods that you like to do? what gives you the best burn? what percentage of bud/tobacco do you like to use? what kind of papers do you like?

and if you don't like spliffs we really don't need to hear about it. :p just curious how my fellow blades enjoy their bud! :wave:

i love me some raw papers, but for today all i had were zig-zags. not my favorite, but not too bad. i cut off some of the paper on the joint so i could didn't have to smoke quite as much (sometimes i roll inside out, sometimes not. not today) i usually mix anywhere from 20-40% tobacco and the rest herb. i roll up an accordion crutch, i think it gives much better airflow. i also like to put all tobacco at the end nearest the crutch so that i know when i can toss it, when it's done burning. i get the most out of the spliff that way. i also, when i pack in the end, will put a bit of tobacco at the tip so that when i get my first light and first few puffs, any wasted smoke is only tobacco smoke. then once it gets burning good it hits the green and the spliff is rollin!

so let me hear it blades. i'm curious how ya like to roll one up! :smoke:

[​IMG]
    accordion ftw!

[​IMG]
    this particular spliff was about 60/40 bud/baccy.

[​IMG]
    tobacco only at the end near the crutch, helps to know when it's done smokin. :smoke:

[​IMG]
    i usually hit it against my laptop or a hard surface for a while. helps to pack it down really well and get a nice, slow burn. this one burned for over 15 minutes. :smoking:

[​IMG]
    baccy at the end for when i first light it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    here's to you, bob. and all you blades! :p

cheers all! stay toasty.

2. I've always just mixed the bud and tobacco together, never thought about using it for the roach and tip good advice!!! +rep

3. ya man it works pretty well. helps to make sure no bud gets wasted in lighting it or at the end! :smoke:

4. Accordion FTW !

I've been rolling them 60-40 herb-tobacco for a long time, typically Zig-Zag King size, and almost always inside out.

The only difference for me is that I usually put a bit more herb close to the crutch. I typically smoke joints with several friends friends so if there is ever anyone late (stoner time, what can you do, lol) they can catch up with the rest of us.

I like that you tap pack, fuck tamping that shit down.

Also, ROCK SOLID spliff man, I love having just that slight cone.

5. #5 Cfitch, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
    I'm from the uk so spliffs are basically were it's at over here.

I put a thin layer of tobacco then my weed the tobacco on the top.
    It's gives a nice even slow burn and stops my spliff from going out.

For papers I basically use rizla king silvers or blues as they are easily available, no juicy jays for me :/.

I don't know why but I've always rolled cones, I'm sure at one point i was told it was the only way and others didn't get you high :L

As for roach tbh it the backbone of the spliff without it rolling would be slot rougher and more uncomfortable.

Edit: i forgot. I don't own a grinder so I use my hands to break up the weed, it's a little boring and tedious but I love having really sticky fingers at the end of breaking it all up.

6. thanks brotha. thing smoked great!

i hear ya on the sticky fingers. if i'm loading a bowl or glass i almost always break by hand. but if i'm rollin a j or spliff then i got that grinder - helps with the burn of it.

7. very nice.
    I was a heavy cigg smoker for aprox 8 yrs and I recently quit.
    I wish I tried that..I've always smoke cigg after the bowl..
    looks yummyyyyyyyy

8. i love the idea of the tobacco only at the beginning and end!

9. I've been meaning to try this for a while, but I doubt I could bring myself to smoking a joint. I have only rolled one joint in my lifetime, and smoked like 4 maximum. The amount of bud wasted is too much for me, but when putting in tobacco it doesn't seem to be as big of a waste.

10. Really nice roll man, and those roaches you use are so much better than my crappy tube ones but i'm too lazy to make one every time and mine are always pretty crap when I do.
    Here's my method, it's pretty similar to yours.

Makee my roach and put in my Bacci (Amber Leaf)
    [​IMG]
    Then weed
    [​IMG]
    Roll it then tap it like you do then poke it down
    [​IMG]
    End product
    [​IMG]

11. Usually its pure weed here in BC, but when I do roll spliffs i usually just mix it all together, never thought about putting it near the filter or the tip, you my friend, are a genius.
    +rep to you

12. #12 architoker, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
    i love em. europe definitely turned me on to spliffs. :smoke:

ohhhh man i enjoy me some amber leaf. lately i've just been using whatever cigs we have sittin around - haven't bought a pouch in a while. i think you inspired me to.

nice spliff!

thanks brotha. :smoke: