Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Parents Are Hypocrites

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SimplyBaked, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Basically I've been smoking for about 8 months now but I've started smoking more frequently in the past month. My brother use to sell and smoke all the time in high school and college. I've heard him and my parents get in arguments about smoking and I overheard my brother say my dad and mom smoke. So one day when I was stoned out of my mind home alone I went to my parents room and found a j in their drawer. Yesterday I checked again and it was gone. They smoke and yet if I told them that I smoke, I'd probably get kicked out. What the fuck is up with that? Anyone else have the same issue?

2. Damn son you missed out on a free j
    It's safe to assume when you find your parents' weed, they'll save some face rather than bring it up
    "Hey Andy have you seen the joint in my drawer, it had a wiz khalifa w filter"

3. My mom smokes whenever her boyfriend has weed.  He told me and I've smoked w/ him some.  But she won't let me drink or anything and comes up w/ all this bad stuff on weed.

4. #4 Ronald U. Swanson, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    Hypocrites? Maybe.

But ask yourself, how successful are they?
    What was their main focus and goal throughout most of their life?
    What is yours?

For all i know, They may be human pieces of shit.
    But in retrospect, they could also be two successful people and parents who genuinely care about their children and don't want to see them make the same mistakes as them or even the mistakes they know you are vulnerable too that they've never dealt with. 

IMO: A successful (who's to say but...) person who is focused on the right things and not dependent on anyone should be able do whatever the fuck they want. A dependent person also can do whatever they want but MUST answer to their master, if they seek to reap the benefits. 

You likely heavily reap what they sow (not to assume but i mean come on).
    Stop worrying about their so called hypocrisy and focus it onto your goals. 
    Even if they are "Barack Obamas" of hypocrisy.
    Lol im bored af

Edit: i used to think like you when i was younger, i get it. but i realized my parents would never steer me wrong. I hope yours are the same. Most important thing I have realized related to this; You will never ever ever be able to see things with the wisdom of any half decent person older than you. And it may not be obvious now but those years of simply living really truly mean something.

5. yeah. not hypocrites just parents doing what they think is best for you. you should appreciate it, a lot of kids never know that kind of relationship with their parents as they are never there or too spaced on unmentionables to care. as a father i can say i will not allow my child to smoke mj as long as she is under my roof( she is five now but u kno what i mean). even though i smoke and prob always will.

6. In response to both of you guys, I understand what you mean how they want to steer me in the right direction and keep me from doing bad shit but if I am doing everything I need to be doing as their son and a college student, I should be able to have some freedom. I do get what you mean and how they might think it will be a gateway drug but seeing as they allow my siblings to drink when they were well underage but not let me smoke weed seems a little unfair. For now, I'll just have to keep it a secret until I move out and have my own life to live etc.

7. #7 Ronald U. Swanson, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013

I totally see where you are coming from. My parents treated me far different than my 5 years older brother when we each started attending college (living at home). This was because he dug himself into a certain hole, and they, with good intentions, made that process of digging easier because he lacked necessary drive i guess you could say. In response they treated me much different, and in now negative way at all. For example They rarely lend me money like they would him, but if i were to straight up NEED it, they usually help but in very thought out ways that require me to still take a substantial amount of responsibility. Or how they wont pay a dime of college bills, and theres "no debate" on that one lol. I cant say whether or not it was a better or worse tactic but that is neither here nor there. You probably get what I am saying. 

The funny thing is, they would have BEAT HIS ASS if they found out he was drinking or smoking weed. They've even said it. Yet when they found out i was smoking weed at around 16, i guess due to a change of heart idk,  my dad had me pass a test after a month and when i did he became more or less accepting but still acting like "im watching you nigga". For example i come home to find he has taken my grinder and a joint roller or something. I confront him like "why did you take my things, now i have to buy new ones" OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE HE GIVES THEM BACK??

whatthedoublefuck.jpeg

Then a couple months later he finds my bong and searches my room and finds a vaporizer and fifth of everclear. Breaks bong in half at neck, breaks vape into pieces, and leaves note under alcohol (specifically) saying he better not ever find that in his house ever again (funny alcohol not weed). To this day i think the only thing that truly made him angry was the everclear as all their family is from Missouri and all i will say is if you know a thing or two bout the state, Missourians like to drink a little too much.

Parents are random as fuck at times and its because you see them as a fence to climb and they see themselves as your most influential role models, which they might need to be (i dont know them). You are a team and your goal in life should be to succeed and continue your family with your children and make your parents proud. They have all the experience needed to help you, Im sure