Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fact: Marijuana makes you lazy, unmotivated, anti-social and stupid.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LucidReality, Jul 20, 2013.

1. #1 LucidReality, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    People are still uneducated about the core effects of Marijuana. - This in return can make a typical pot smoker appear lazy, unmotivated, anti-social and just plain stupid.

By making this plant illegal, it has actually created these side effects because of the way humans socialize. Not only that, it has indeed turned this plant into a "gateway" drug -- simply because you have to go through a drug dealer who may offer you other drugs. Also consider that people who don't care about the law, they will be more likely to be the ones smoking it--but again only because the plant has been made illegal.

People today still believe (though this is slowly fading) Marijuana kills brain cells.

Marijuana by itself doesn't make you anti-social, in a family where everyone agrees that Marijuana isn't harmful/bad, this creates a social-platform to build off of where everyone can relate, smoke, talk, etc. without the worry of what anyone thinks of them. 

In a family where either both parents or one parent disagrees on Marijuana use this creates again the illusion that either the kid(s) or one parent becomes more anti-social/unmotivated, etc. The real problem is they simply aren't relating to this topic so one or more goes to smoke/talk about Marijuana with others who fit this social circle.

Another illusion created is you simply have to be sneaky about it, when you have to be sneaky about anything you'll appear less social, and perhaps stupid depending on how you handle those situations where you are about to be caught by a parent, friend, grandpa, grandma, etc.

As for me, I really don't care what anyone thinks when it comes to this. I'll offer to educate them on the topic, but other than that I freely smoke it. The only problem is I've become anti-social with my parents and grandparents only because they so HARSHLY disagree. I'd post facts about it on my Facebook sometimes and this upset them so much that they removed me as a friend. This truly amazes me.

Another problem is the type of people Marijuana currently attract simply because of mis-information and it being illegal. Unmotivated, dumb, uncaring about the law or anything-type people will be the first ones to smoke this plant in the first place. Marijuana isn't causing unmotivated, lazy, anti-social people, it simply is attracting these types. And perhaps the types that like to blame others/this plant for life decisions they have made.

This simply is human nature, but it really does make me sick to see people blame a plant when in reality its just them self or other life factors involved. I also believe it has a physiological effect, if they can find something to blame, stop doing it, everything will appear better but that isn't the reality.

An advertisement distributed by the Federal Bureau of Narcotics in 1935
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Killerdrug.jpg

2. I see where your going. It isn't the plant that produces side effects but the legislation. That's partially true. It also depends on the person.

For some people, if made legal they would be fine. But there's a lot of questionable characters who either don't have the maturity to control it or use it as a healing drug. The healers will be the people who go to "greater and better things" by default (I.e. unmentionables).

Also, some people fail to realize that people just don't like the plant. Some people just don't want smokers roaming the streets smoking - and can you blame them? A lot of highschool kids are known for this. Some people have issues with the plant and I respect and understand that.

So while the legislation DOES seem to add to the fact that pot makes us happy, I am fine it being illegal because I don't need anything the law will grant me.

Eh, that goes back to they are going to do it anyway. If you aren't mature, you usually don't care for the law, and will smoke weed either way. So at least make it legal and not support drug dealers.

4. Haha weed doesn't make you antisocial it brings ppl together. I've smoked with plenty of kids I don't normally hangout with and had a great time

5. Smoking weed in high school resulted in many friendships

6. Actually, I find weed antisocial in higher doses. Especially when meeting new people. Alcohol is more of a social thing.

That's just the level of being high though, obviously you can compensate, but it definitely can have that effect. Usually a new smoker thing.

7. I have become good friends with total strangers whilst high

8. Of course, this is my point exactly. You aren't becoming anti-social because of the weed, you are only acting this way in fear of what this stranger may think of you since it is illegal and most people are mis-educated on the subject.

9. I find weed very social. If you get a cyph going I GUARANTEE everyone will be cool with each other by the end of it

Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. It doesn't kill braincells but it weakens the bridges between certain parts of the brain (this has been scientifically proven) and that's why their personality often changes.

11. I'm only saying screw off because Wikipedia was a resource lol shit doesn't fly with me. I'm not antisocial at all, I can say I'm lazy but I was lazy before hand. Honestly Hal of those tests are bullshit. They'll ask a pot smoker if weed makes then lazy, then they would say I've always been lazy and that plausible enough for them to say it makes people lazy

12. I just met a neighbor and smoked him out for helpin me with my car..its pretty much the only no homo way for a dude to meet another dude to be friends.."you burn?"

13. I love weed and all, but dude if your parents are going to practically disown you because you smoke, you should just keep quieter (at least towards them) about your smoking... You don't wanna lose the people who raised you over a drug, it's not worth it man