Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking while having a job in the medical field

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GanjFarmer', Jan 15, 2013.

1. #21 Godzirra, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    That would be the problem; you will be around meds, shit happens and you can get tested. It's not just a deal between you and your employer; since you're licensed by the state, your credentials are also at risk.

There's also testing during your schooling before you're allowed to start your clinical rotations...

2. I lived with a Doctor for 5 years bro, I'm not talking out of my ass. When him and my mom threw parties they were big fancy ordeals where yes, everyone drank, but rarely did anybody ever end up drunk. The types of intellectual highly educated people that become doctors, nurses, etc. aren't the types of people who go get mad fucked up when they party. I'm sure some of them do, but those people are at risk of losing their credentials just like my uncle who can no longer be a pharmacist because he got caught abusing meds too many times. I refuse to believe there is any more than a small number of people in the medical field who regularly abuse drugs without getting caught.