Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What size drill bit do I need?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by csayer, May 10, 2012.

1. You are right, I should have worded that better. You will need to know the stem size in order to get the right rubber piece. But the Hole you will drill needs to be the rubber size not the stem size.

If you are off a little then being a little too big is better then a little too small IMO. If it's too tight you can break the stem from the presure but if the hole is a little big then you can wrap white plumbers tape around the stem or rubber piece to snug it up.

2. #22 BlondeBongShell, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
    I'm using a 5/8" drill bit (16mm) just enough wiggle room.
    Also a 5/8" rubber grommet will work. Make sure the inside of the grommet hole is 5/8" so the down stem can fit. TAKE THE STEM WITH YOU TO THE HARDWARE STORE/HEAD SHOP. It'll save a lot of time.

3. Post pics if these experiments please

4. Local headshop, acrylic bong for like $30. Worth it :D

5. Hell around here a nice thick China, glass on glass, with a kick back head is only $30.

6. OP! Pay attention to this one.

7. I'll post pics soon! Luckily I didn't break the bottle while drilling it lol. I haven't had he time to go out and get a downstem so I made my own sort of downstem and bowl. I'll put up the pictures soon!

8. [​IMG]

Sorry for the shitty quality..The bowl and downstem work much better than I expected! However, I'll be buying a glass bowl and stem soon!

9. Looks like a moonshine bottle but that will get the job done for sure. If you can milk that your truly a beast lmao :D

10. [quote name='"Junior DANK"']Local headshop, acrylic bong for like $30. Worth it :D[/quote]

you can get glass mini bongs for like 30 dollars. don't buy acrylic.

11. Nice job. I may have to try this. Has a quick laugh at your "bowl." That's what I call ingenuity! :smoke:

12. It worked a lot better than I had expected!