Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about sativa/indica

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Leon mata, Feb 13, 2013.

1. After a long layoff from smoking, I recently started smoking again and have been reading up on sativas and indicas. I understand that generally speaking sativas produce a more energetic, head high while indicas produce a more sedative, body buzz. I have also read that this is primarily due to the ratio of THC to CBD, with the higher ratio of CBDs in indicas causing the more sedative effect.

But in looking at a bunch of different strains I am seeing indicas and sativas with similar THC/CBD ratios or even cases where the sativa has higher CBD content. For these strains, is it still true that the sativa will produce the energetic, head high while the indica will produce the sedative, body high?

If that's the case, then it would appear these effects are not due to THC/CBD ratios but something else? What else?

2. anyone? bueller?

I thought u guys were the weed experts...

3. Good question. I've noticed this too. Many of the indicas have much higher CBD levels, but there are some hybrids with the same amount of CBD

4. Just wanted to resurrect this thread. So, my doubt is pretty much the same. Does the plant type really matter? Or is it up to the cannabinoid levels to tell the effects of such plant?