Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bad things about weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by obes, Jan 15, 2013.

1. whenever i'm on gc, everytime someone faults weed they get a bucket full of hate (understandably), but realistically one must accept that weed does have its downsides.
    for example, smoking weed can cause psychological problems in certain individuals with pre-existing conditions, etc.

so my question is what other downsides to weed are generally accepted on these forums or within your own stoner groups?

(i'm not saying the bad outweighs the good in anyway, otherwise i wouldn't be here today :smoking:)

2. Simply, the legality under Federal law.

Jimmy Carter (former president) - "Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself, and where they are they should be changed."

3. Really I don't feel it has affected my short memmory much. Yet if I'm high I won't pay atrention much leading to not remembering. But it's mainly because I didn't payed attention. You feel me?
    I mean I can study high and all so I can remember if thats what I want.

I have no idea if I make sense... I hope I did.

4. I do get the slightest bit of withdrawal symptoms if I take a t-break or something. I just kinda feel less happy for a couple days.

5. The only downside for me is when I have no weed in the morning so I end up not eating till the afternoon. (I rarely can eat breakfast anyways) And its hard for me to sleep at a decent time, especially on a boring day

6. seeing as it's becoming more and more legal across america by the month (and maybe the world given enough time), i feel the legal side is a null point.

7. You aren't trolling right? If the feds busted down my door right now and found a plant they could legally take my house from me.

8. The downside is my employment opportunities. Straight up.

9. the worst thing about weed ever is:..........................running out!:smoking:

10. I think he was talking more about just the use, not everything else

11. Honestly, I think it depends upon the person for various up and down sides. What I consider a benefit (the gift of silence and humility) may be seen as a means for paranoia and vice versa. But really, many have to do with the resilience of one's own mind

I would have to say the major down sides that seem to go across the board are
    1. Psychological dependece (still all in the head, so this can be overcome too)
    2. Lack of train of thought (typically due to the emergence of many thoughts at once)
    3. Lack of motivation (on par with the last. You'll usually psyche yourself out of doing things you probably should in realization that it's not so important in the long run, though still important at the time)

12. Damn notifications......

13. #13 Beef4104, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    Then he should spend more time perfecting his thoughts and actions than just spewing bullshit.

No need for the disrespect. Mat369

14. perfect first post on grasscity.com. youre not one of those anti-marijuana people that goes on here bashing the herb are you? lol jk

15. Probably psychological addiction. Many people fail to realize that psychological addiction can be a very powerful depending on a user's personality and circumstances.

All the "I smoke all day everyday and won't even take a short t-break" posts that appear here are what made me realize this. In my opinion anyone who would rather be slightly high right this second than extremely high a few days later either doesn't enjoy powerful highs . . . or is psychologically addicted and in denial.

16. as cstekk said, i meant the other downsides. the legality of bud is a different subject. i'm sorry for upsetting you, perhaps you need to smoke a few more bowls?

17. It may or may not negativley effect those with a pre existing mental illness

Some strains and amount percentage may greatly affect hand eye cordination. *not all medicinal cannabis will let you drive focused. Fact.

Cotton mouth, dry eyes

Can be targeted by a person of feeble minds as an excuse for fucking up. Potentiol yet minor psychological addiction*

May bring negative aspects of a pre existing disorder to bay

That is all

18. ItThere are too many variables. id say coordination is affected but i smoke and go freerunning a couple of times a week and smoke another j or 2 whilst Im training. Really the only negative I've found is that my cardio isn't as good for about 20 minutes or so after smoking.
    The other variable is that it can be used to procrastinator or as a creative catalyst. all depends on the individual and their state of mind at that time.

19. [​IMG]

20. #20 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

You seem to have forgotten the ones, such as myself, who use Cannabis medically every day and a break of any type is not good.

Granted once in a while I do just "kick back" but in the main I much prefer just a slight Sativa high all the time.