Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how much will weed be if legalized?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stewbs, Sep 10, 2012.

1. If Initiative 502 passes and marjuana is legal in WA I wonder how much it will be per gram. I currently buy medical pot and I pay $10 a gram for good weed does anyone know what the price will be if legal and bought in a store?

2. Probably about $5 a gram, nobody can really say quite yet.

3. I remember a while back some of the people who grew larger amounts on here calculated about $60/oz would leave profit for the grower and a good consumer price (market would likely be saturated, people will go lower to get more customers)

4. On a typical legal market the retail price is 4x the production cost.

Prohibition is the only thing escalating price now.

Cost estimates range from $70 to $400 a lb for production so you should see retail ounces at $17.50 to $100.

Of course still being illegal nationally will keep these prices slightly inflated.

Here is some good info:

http://www.rand.org/pubs/working_papers/2010/RAND_WR764.pdf

5. the usa laws will hand over to the cig companys ex.marlboro and pall mall.
    so the price will be by the pack.

6. [quote name='"weedaterian"']the usa laws will hand over to the cig companys ex.marlboro and pall mall.
    so the price will be by the pack.[/quote]

You think stoners would trust weed from one of those companies? I don't see it happening and I sure as hell wouldn't smoke a j made by camel.

7. Their research analyst will find a way.

They'll study stoner focus groups until they find a package appealing to tokers. Chances are most people won't know or care which tobacco companies are pushing what cannabis products.

As long as there are no additives and the quality of bud is high, I'm happy.

8. [quote name='"dannydrama"']

You think stoners would trust weed from one of those companies? I don't see it happening and I sure as hell wouldn't smoke a j made by camel.[/quote]

No way tobacco company's would take over, look at it this way, its not going to pass until every person over 50 today is dead. Its the truth, that's where thbe conservative vote is and it will be that way until people like you and me are old. I'm not saying kill all the seniors because that's just ludacrous, I'm sayingnot for another 20 years it will be legal, when folks like us on grasscity and millions of pot heads in there 20s start to approach 50 because those are the people who vote in numbers.

9. The hippies thought weed would be legalized as the older generation died off and it still hasn't happened.

10. Wrong

11. However much it will cost to grow. If it was fully legalized tomorrow, id have 15 seeds germinating right now lol

12. If it's legalized on a state level as I expect it will be in a couple States this November prices will still be inflated due to Federal level prohibition.

The problem isn't the older generation voting, the problem is the lack of votes from the younger generations, specifically the minority groups and lower income youth.

A large part of the older generation are x hippies or still hippies and would vote for legalization.

Another issue is education, very powerful groups with lots of funding are against legalization; Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, Pharmaceutical Companies, dispensary owners, law enforcement to name a few, and they will flood the market with anti-marijuana propaganda.

13. [quote name='"dannydrama"']

You think stoners would trust weed from one of those companies? I don't see it happening and I sure as hell wouldn't smoke a j made by camel.[/quote]

Well get ready for it Because that is what is going to happen. Vote no on legalization

14. -___- vote YES on legalization whats wrong with you?

15. #16 Sgtstadanko707, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    [quote name='"frankenfish"']
    -___- vote YES on legalization whats wrong with you?[/quote]

The only way it will be legal is if big Phrma and tobacco allow it. You know y they would allow it because they are the one making it. No thanks. Also the fed warned states that if they legalized they would loose public funding for certain agencies like schools and shit. Not going to happen.
    Open your eyes and u might see there is more things to life than getting stoned.
    I feel it just need to be decriminalized. Minor ticket under 100 bucks of caught with less than an oz. that is how it is in my state.

16. #17 frankenfish, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    just because big tobacco COULD be the ones making it doesnt mean its going to be pumped full of chemicals by default. you can get cigarettes without all the additives, i assume weed would be no different. they know we wouldnt put up with that nonsense

the feds are of course going to fight tooth and nail to keep it illegal. but we have to keep pushing back. if a majority of states begin legalizing they would most certainly rethink cutting funding to schools. we can barely compete with the rest of the world as it is they're not going to cut education to a huge portion of the country just because of weed.

my eyes are open man. there IS more to life than getting high. i just dont have the "it could be bad so we shouldn't even try" mentality

17. [quote name='"frankenfish"']
    just because big tobacco COULD be the ones making it doesnt mean its going to be pumped full of chemicals by default. you can get cigarettes without all the additives, i assume weed would be no different. they know we wouldnt put up with that nonsense

the feds are of course going to fight tooth and nail to keep it illegal. but we have to keep pushing back. if a majority of states begin legalizing they would most certainly rethink cutting funding to schools. we can barely compete with the rest of the world as it is they're not going to cut education to a huge portion of the country just because of weed.

my eyes are open man. there IS more to life than getting high. i just dont have the "it could be bad so we shouldn't even try" mentality[/quote]

So y r they 10 rows of Marlboro cig another 10 for camel an 2 for American sperit. The organic cigs. How many commercials on tv do u see for organic cigs really let alone anything. There not stupid and know that Americans will put anything in them. Why would they spend more money to do it organically when they could pump they full of cheap synthetic nutrients. More product = more money.
    And for education. U think if they really cared they would probably stop closing all they schools that they have or maybe pay there teacher a better salary so teachers are not going on strike like thy are now. They would rather soak all that money into the health care system with is just a joke. Or y do they keep raising tuition for all of the colleges making it nearly impossible for any one to go unless u want to take out loans. Like I said before open your eyes. He who has the money makes the rules.

18. You know if it was legalized you could just grow your own. Even if they charged an annual fee for a growers license it would be well worth it.

19. Really?? Keep it illegal??

In Cali if you get busted with 2 grams and they are separated into two bags... intent to distribute.... 3 years in jail, plus a felony on your record, now you are treated the same as a rapist or murder when you go to get a job...

If we are living in a country where alcohol and tobacco are legal it's stupid to have marijuana illegal.