Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Debate - OG Kush -

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DustinBlazer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. For months I have never been able to get a good answer, all over the internet OG Kush is established as a hybrid strain, my friend insists if it is bought from a cannabis club it would be a genuine KUSH and would have to be 100% indica?

Is OG Kush a Hybrid?
    Is OG Kush a Sativa?
    Is OG Kush a Indica?

Answer in the POLL and don't be scared to leave comments :)

2. Google said hybrid

3. Got a guy that gets og kush all the time, so I've had a lot of experience with it. I don't really think it's a hybrid. If it is, it's probably like 70/30 or 80/20 indica.

4. Iv always heard OG was the most sativa dominant kush. 70/30 sativa dom sounds right. And OG stands for ocean grown. As in the genetics come from sea level.. it seems like these things come down to personal opinion and general area. But this is what i think. My 2c

5. Og kush is a hybrid but The truth is there is far to much bud labeled as og kush so no one can really be sure if the "og kush" you got is actually more Indica or sativa.

6. 70 percent sativa? I think you meant 30 percent, point taken. I did not know that about the name. It's a great strain. Probably my favorite. My guy gets it medical from california, so I'm hoping/thiking that this is the real og kush.

7. #7 iJetLife, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    The real OG Kush strain is a 'Sativa Hybrid'.

O.G. Kush is a mostly sativa hybrid. Despite its name, this strain is not a "Kush" although it does posses some indica traits and is rumored to have some Kush in its genetic heritage. You can also tell this by it's long-lasting psychoactive effects.
    :bongin:

8. ive had true og from dispenseries and its a sativa dominant hybdrid, with a strong body high too and it leaves me sleepy after a couple of hours unless i smoke more

9. U need to look for pure kush. 100% Indica so they say.

10. [quote name='"iJetLife"']The real OG Kush strain is a 'Sativa Hybrid'.

O.G. Kush is a mostly sativa hybrid. Despite its name, this strain is not a "Kush" although it does posses some indica traits and is rumored to have some Kush in its genetic heritage. You can also tell this by it's long-lasting psychoactive effects.
    :bongin:[/quote]

This^^..Hindu or afghan kush are different and the ones that are 100% indica

11. I just copped an oz of OG Kush from the club and its forsure a sativa dominant strain. The high isnt much like other kushes ive smoked

12. As long as it gets me the legendary high its known for, i dont care, but i felt body high when i had it

13. im still convinced ogk is an Sativa . but according to google its a hybrid

14. Definitely comes across as sativa dominant to me.

15. It is sativa dominant hybrid. Genetics: Chemdawg x Sour Diesel .... Two sativa dominant hybrids

16. Original cut is sativa, but most crossbreeds are indica dom hybrids

17. My experience: Indica

Google: Hybrid.

18. I have a high times that goes into to it origins and it was a great write up. I will try to find it today. I have about 6 years of high times to look though so it might take me a bit