Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

just drug tested for employment, will i pass? (after 45 days)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by wallet123, May 21, 2012.

1. i just had a drug test for employment, and i am very nervous if i am going to pass. if i fail, it is going to screw me over for the next 2 years. up until about november i was smoking regularly, not a lot, but once or twice a day (about 2 grams a week). after that i cut down a lot, smoking maybe once or twice a month, the last time i did was 45 days prior to the drug test. what are my chances looking like here? i appreciate any help.

2. 45 days is more then enough you will pass no problem but dont they give you the results on the spot?

3. no they sent it away to a lab. i took it last wednesday, so i should be hearing back within a few days.

4. 45 days is more than enough, enjoy that job.:)

5. You should probably be fine.

The fact that we know nothing about your metabolism, or your diet and exercise regimen during the past 45 days, makes it hard to tell.

But you said that you only smoked once or twice a month for the few months before you quit, and only smoked 2g a week before that?

If that's the case than 45 days should be enough for most people.

Either way, since it IS a lab test, they can detect the quantity of THC in your system. So they'll know if you smoked recently or not.

If any THC shows up, it'll probably be such a low concentration (miniscule) that you should be fine.

6. #6 wallet123, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    i will add that i am 5'9, 200 lbs, probably should have included that in the first post. fair amount of muscle, and a bit of a beer gut, but not fat by any means. Ill still be okay, right?

i would say an average metabolism, i was working out regularly, 4-5 times a week until about a month ago, then all my schoolwork and finals caught up to me. i did workout the day before the test though, i hope that isn't going to hurt me. i smoked on march 31st, and my test was may 16th, just to put it into perspective.

7. Yeah you should be good.

You're lookin at a 94% success rate from my point of view. :smoking:

8. i did just notice that they test down to 20ng/ml. does that mean im probably effed?

9. The chances of you not passing are extremely low even with a 20nanogram cut off.

10. Ive been a daily smoker years and passed an air force drug test after stopping for only 10 days, still doing shrooms and acid though lol. lots of water and exercizing helped I think though.

11. No, that's actually fine considering it still wasn't a zero tolerance drug test.

In my opinion, after thirty days most people are good to go, and that's whenever someone with an average metabolism goes from being a regular smoker to cutting cold turkey. That's mostly based on hearsay though, considering there isn't really a mathematical equation one can use to determine the amount of time it will take to lower their THC concentration to a specific amount.

I'm confident enough you'd pass that I'd bet someone a theoretical $20 on it, assuming that everything you said is true.

12. [quote name='"DriftingApart"']

I'm confident enough you'd pass that I'd bet someone a theoretical $20 on it[/quote]
    hahaha dude you're for sure going to pass