Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bho help!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stevenballin, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hey blades did my second run today. At first it was the amber kinda clear gooey mess then when I took inside to purge and started to whip it it became a brown greenish color and wasn't clear anymore. Any help on why and how to correct it would be great

ForumRunner_20120411_134421.png
    The first razor has some from right after run. The second is after purge and whip

2. Whipping it is the reason it went from amber to cloudy. Best way to purge is over warm water and vac purge. Never whip.

3. It looks ok but you may have purged it under too high heat or whipped it too much, it will become darker with heat and as the whipping damages the trichomes. I also heat purge mine but I keep it under low heat and use as little whipping as possible.

Also if the tool you use to whip it with has anything on it, ash, etc. this can taint the oil and will change the color very quickly.

What method/supplies did you use to purge/whip?

Most BHO makers recommend vac purging if you can. You would scrape it straight onto parchment paper and put it under the vac, this will keep the pristine golden translucent amber color.

4. #4 lemonade AK47, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    I dont think whipping damages the trichomes, they are already dissolved into the butane. Whipping destroys terpenes, the flavor and smell lies in the terpenes. Whipping can also make tiny air bubbles in the BHO, causing it to become cloudy.

To get the absolute best product you have to vac purge and use low heat. Then you can make shit like this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Straight HAMMOND!!

5. That makes sense. I've looked into vac-purging a little bit, need to see what it will cost to get a setup going. The product is definitely better for sure.

6. Its not worth it unless you are getting over 5 grams on your runs. Even then its hard to justify dropping $300-400 on a good vac and chamber.

7. Thanks for the replys. As for the purge method i put the pyrex dish in a pan of water on the stove on 3 and just started whipping it because I saw some YouTube video do it. So whipping is bad? And I used a glass ectracter and vector 5x. How much are set ups for vacum purging? And what's the proper way to purge if I do vacum purge? Thanks for the help

8. Wait, you purge inside? Not a good idea with BHO.
    No open flame, plenty of ventilation. Be careful. :smoke:

9. [quote name='"ICGreen"']Wait, you purge inside? Not a good idea with BHO.
    No open flame, plenty of ventilation. Be careful. :smoke:[/quote]
    I do all my runs outside then when I evaporate all the liquid butane and change the water a couple times I take it inside to purge on the stove

10. There is no need to vac purge any runs under 5-7 grams. Even then, if youre not selling it to clubs and just smoking it yourself then it doesnt really make sense to drop $400 on a good vac and chamber.

11. [quote name='"lemonade AK47"']

There is no need to vac purge any runs under 5-7 grams. Even then, if youre not selling it to clubs and just smoking it yourself then it doesnt really make sense to drop $400 on a good vac and chamber.[/quote]

So just to make sure when I purge on the stove I just let it sit there? And for how long? And yes its a small run and its for personal

12. I just do the warm water in a pan with BHO container in it, until all the bubbles are gone. I never put mine on a stove. :smoke:

13. Yeah there is no need to put it on a stove directly, put your dish over some warm water. If you notice the BHO becoming stable then warm up the water again to melt it down again. Also a hot plate is probably a better investment, one that you can set it to a temperature and keep it there.

14. If you don't purge on the stove after butane evaporates. Leave the dish out overnight on a hot plate or heating matt. I never used to stove top purge when I was first making hash oil back in the day. But I always do now. It only takes 20 minutes or so. I whip it up while I stove purge also.

15. [quote name='"jackstraw419"']If you don't purge on the stove after butane evaporates. Leave the dish out overnight on a hot plate or heating matt. I never used to stove top purge when I was first making hash oil back in the day. But I always do now. It only takes 20 minutes or so. I whip it up while I stove purge also.[/quote]

How does you oil come out? When I whipped it became brownish?

16. Depends what you use. I've only made oil w/ trim so its usually amber clear looking. My dude made it with 25% bud/75% trim and his results were dramatically better. My next harvest I want to do one run of pure bud and sww how that turns out. I'm sure it would be dabk as hell.
    But to tell you the truth I get sky-fuckin high of the trim oil.