Obama Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Frenchy789, Apr 29, 2012.

1. This forum is largely occupied by Pro Ron Paul people who really hate Obama.

I will keep this brief but Obama has done a great job considering how his term has been.

People have to realize that Obama has alot less power it seems. A gridlocked legislation, he's added jobs and turned the Dow above 12000 from 7000 3 years ago.

Obama's real flaw in my opinion is the fact that he wasn't expecting the federal government to be such a corrupted, bureaucratic hellhole and has struggled to push through the shit of western politics.

2. Id really like to find good in Obama but the bad that he has done comparitavely from what he said to be elected makes me hate him.

He takes orders from banks, lobbyists, and corporations and gives them favors.
    I see where the people who like him come from, BUT they all seem optimistic about his second term because they claim that he couldn't get anything done when really he was off doing his own misdeeds as well. If I could say something about modern day liberals is that they've become WAY too politically correct and litigious which is adding great deals of problems to our current situation.

If he was a good leader, he wouldn't take shit from anybody and do what he promised, yet money always seems to get the best of him.

3. Those who believe in the left-right paradigm are lost in an abyss of ignorance. It's sad.

People who see past it can then form a valid opinion, but those who can't are nothing but "useful idiots" who keep the statist status quo of domestic and foreign oppression and violence going. They are pawns being pushed around a global chess board at the whim of the ruling elite, all the while praising their slave masters.

4. Also, you voted him because he's black, right?

He spend 15 million dollars on 15 bullshit jobs. The job is to do.. pick up shit all day everyday. Not very good investment, I say.

5. Haven't we had this thread already? \t:confused_2:

6. This is where I "lol'd" :hello:

7. Hardly. This is a libertarian forum.

8. Why? It happens to be true. Go read the description of what the president can and can not legally *do*. Pretty much they are more or less decorative heads of state that vaguely indicate which way they would like the ship of state to wander in. The main power they have is being able to veto legislation-forcing the senate and congress to take the bill back and run it through committee again. Only real thing they can do is hint that they would like some of the admin laws changed without running it through the senate and congress. And they can appoint certain governmental officials. Yippee.

9. O really? You are truly ignorant. Please tell me more about how he got permission to bomb Lybia. Or how we have a declaration of war w/ Iraq, Afghan? Or how he has permission to contribute money and 'democracy spreaders' (AKA BOMBS) to some international power (NATO). Your an idiot and the country is worse of b/c of people like you. He could had marched out of Iraq/afghan the day he was sworn in. He actually tried to stay in Iraq. He is a fucking warmonger. He signed the NDAA. In fact his administration DEMANDED the indefinite detention. He continues the drug war, BY FUCKING CHOICE. He made it clear last week this stance will not be changing as he, again, laughes off the issue. Wake the fuck up...the two parties are the same...it is a joke...

Also as for you what they can "legally" do...he has far surpassed his legal abilities with executive orders among other things....get off his dick

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHaJrnlqCgo]Proof Obama Will Sign NDAA 1031 Citizen Indefinite Detention Law in a Few Days - YouTube[/ame]

^ Carl Levin explaining BHO requested the language to be put in bill

Reality Check: U.S. Will Stay In Afghanistan 10 Years After the - FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather & Sports

^Ben Swann explaining why we will be in Afghanistan until 2024...

Obama administration wanted to keep troops in Iraq - Democratic Underground

^Some info on him trying to stay in Iraq past BUSHES AGREED DATE despite his promises and rhetoric as reported by the gaurdian, cnn, abc, washington post, nytimes, & rueters...

10. Smoking Gun: Obama Ordered Operation Fast and Furious - Project Gunrunner - 2009

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFrApLNmjtk]Smoking Gun: Obama Ordered Operation Fast and Furious - Project Gunrunner - 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Operation Fast and Furious, Operation Gun Runner - Obama, Holder's DOJ arming Mexican Drug Cartels

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvk_WICNMLc]Operation Fast and Furious, Operation Gun Runner - Obama, Holder's DOJ arming Mexican Drug Cartels - YouTube[/ame]

11. #13 HongKongPhooey, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    I wish the President only did what you mentioned and those were truly his only powers, then you wouldn't see so many people on this forum or in the country complaining.

But that isn't the case.

12. An Obama appreciation thread on GC? I never thought I'd see the day...

Has OP been properly tarred and feathered yet?

13. Fixed. :wave:

14. Many moons ago I appreciated Obama. It was a time of darkness, it was a world of fear, it was the age of Gargoyles. Gargoyles named Bush, Cheney & Republicans. Ooooh it was a scary time indeed.

Was a HS Senior at the time, and I rode that Obama wave like a hurricane. Bought into it all, and although I couldn't vote for another year I knew plenty of friends that did. Felt he was the stoner's choice, "I inhaled that was the point", finally a Political stiff who understands us!!! Not only that but he's black? Holy shit, he understands the plight of those in America even more! He's even got OBEY mocking up shirts? Fuck Yeah he's cool! Lived in California, and they clearly throw their weight for him and not that Old guy? Awesome!

His inauguration happened during my Government class, it really doesn't get any better because it was a boring class with one of the funniest/stupid teachers I've ever had and we got to Watch the Obamster speak. Oh man does that guy have a silver tongue! A girl in my class was fully decked in Obama regalia, had the Shirt, a hat, even a bear with the shirt lol. Everybody was happy, excited, highfiving each other. AMURIKA FUCK YEA!! USA USA USA!!! Things will be all betters now, we've gotten over our differences and can unite as one.

What I came to realize was that I was politically confused and naive. With all of the authoritarianism that happened with Republicans like the Patriot Act I thought that Democrats were the opposite. LMAO. Can you blame me I was a stoner that got a Public School education what do I know? Come to realize later that with their existant entrenched for 200+ years and continuous backdoor double deals, the Dems and Repubs really don't differ too wildly. That they both want more control, bigger governments, more money, more, more, more!! Who woulda known?

That, since Obama was a Constitutional Lawyer he'd be more in line with the Constitution. LMAO. In reality it offered him more maneuverability to work around it. To steal more and more of our rights one EO or signed bill at a time.

I thought finally we've got a guy who speaks the truth on bud, finally a guy who knows what's right and will do what's right. Then his first online questionnaire bull shit thing and the top question is about MJ. Alrighty, we all know he'll throw his support for the Green. And he did, only it was for the Greens in his pocket and bank account given to him by Big Pharma. The question comes up for Legalization, and he laughs!! Bastard laughs in all of our faces, all those loyal young kids, who were still innocent to the world and voted his lying ass into office. LAUGHS, oh well that's just silly talk. I can't even deem that with an answer.

Turns out he's a liar just like any other piece of shit Politician out there. No different from the slimy assholes who have stolen, pillaged & burned our country and the world to make their wallets heavier. Saddened me heavily, because I truly tried to continue my support. To write it off, but at some point I just couldn't do it anymore.

But in a way I still appreciate Obama. He got me to open my eyes to the real world, and to get myself more informed on politics. To look deeper into our own history, the true history not the revisionist one of heroes and lies you find in Public History Textbooks. So in a way I thank you Obama. Thank you for getting me out of the Left-Right/Republican-Democrat Rut that nearly all of America finds itself in. Thank you for showing me that freedom and less government is truly the best way!

/Rant

15. You know he had to act that way because it was his first term man, He just needs more time. :rolleyes:

16. so.. he has less power than it seems, but he's able to single handedly bring the dow jones up 5000 points?

care to explain how Obama raised the Dow 5k?

17. so why hasn't this honest man come out and said how corrupted everything is?
    he should hold a press conference and explain to the American people exactly what goes on..

since he's so honest and all..

18. Obama plays the political game pretty well, I'm sorry but if Ron Paul was president nothing would EVER get done.