Poll: Who is your favorite Sopranos character?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by motion, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Sopranos is, by FAR, the best TV show ever created. I personally have seen every episode at least four times, and it goes without saying that I'm a die hard sopranos fan. Even if you don't share the same passion I have for the show, but know enough to have a favorite character, please vote as to which it is!

Personally, my favorite is Paulie Walnuts. Hands down the funniest mother fucker EVER. I was watching an interview somewhere with James Gandolfini and he was asked which character is the most like their character in real life and he said Paulie haha.

2. I will agree with you on Paulie, he has an interesting personality.

3. The cool thing about Paulie is that he actually has street cred. Also having street cred was Matt Bevilaqua...the kid who played him was convicted of assisting in the robbery and murder of a cop.

I chose Sil though, because Sil was funny, loyal and didn't fuck things over (or try to) like the other guys did.

I just wish The Sopranos was still on...I'd pay $5 an episode if they brought it back.

I don't know if you've seen it, but "Oz" is also an amazing show about criminal gangs and shit. There is a tiny bit of gay stuff because it takes place in a prison, but it's mainly a badass show about a bunch of rival gangs all competing for power. Ryan O'Reilly is probably the most badass character in TV history. If you can get past the gay stuff (some people can't), you'll be just as engrossed by Oz as you were by The Sopranos. Oz is a fucking awesome show.

4. So, I've been looking for a good show to watch and have recently finished and got caught up on all the currents that I am watching.

I've always heard of Soprano's; but never sat down and took the time to watch it. I have Season 1; is the series worth a watch at least once?

5. Put it this way, I HATE television and everything about it, yet I still LOVE the Sopranos.

6. #6 BUDDAMUNK, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    I'm banking on Chris here. I haven't watched the show since episode one (planning on it though). Nobody else understands him, all they see is a junkie. But he's just doing that shit to deal with being the underdog. Reminds me of me in a way. Not sure of what to do, just following in the steps of his peers.

7. It's hard to pick a favorite, I guess Christopher is my favorite even though Paulie was hella funny, Sil was so cool and Tony was a pimp.

8. Ya, chris is my favorite to, but it's fucked up what happens to him in the last season, and I saw the last season before seeing any others haha

9. Paulie because..well hes Paulie Walnuts.

Ralph Cifaretto because of this right here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPKzzh1A0so]Ralphie playing around (Gladiator style) - YouTube[/ame]

10. I have much love for Paulie, but I had to throw a vote for Carmella. She was so shallow, yet so complex at the same time. Edie Falco is such an insanely brilliant actress- she played that part to perfection.

11. [​IMG]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOYKTjXY1EQ[/ame]

12. ^^Hahaha... I love that clip.

Paulie's hair should be an option in this poll. It was a character unto itself.

13. How does the skip not have any votes? :eek:

14. Damn man. I hated Carmella so much. Especially the season when she kicked Tony out of the house. It pissed me off - like it's HIS fucking house. Yet he doesn't tell her to fuck off. Never could stand her, maybe it's because I really liked Tony. But damn Carmella was good at pissing me off.

As for my favorite off the top of my head it'd be Sil. Man that guy was loyal as fuck, and never did questionable shit. Not to mention he was a total business man, Silvio was great.

Because of this thread I'm gonna re-watch the series starting tonight :devious:

15. Yeah, she was a spoiled bitch.
    Adrianna was also an idiot who fucked things up.
    As was Meadow. Actually, Meadow is probably the one responsible for the war in the final episodes which kills Bobby, Tony and Sil. (well, as far as I can tell...)

The women in the show generally fucked things up for the men...
    Tony's bitches did too...

I really miss this show.

16. Definitely Christopher for me. He was the only one in Tony's circle that wasn't a straight up socio-path (at least in the first couple seasons). He was the easiest character to sympathize with imo, he drove the nicest cars, and had the hottest girl.

"Cold Cuts" and "The Ride" were two of my favorite episodes because he had such an amazing performance.

Also anyone see the awesome tequila commercials Michael Imperioli has been doin lately?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8x-NByi3qY]1800 Tequila - COMMERCIALS - YouTube[/ame]

17. Paulie, Christopher/Tony were other favorites. The lost in the woods episode was fucking gold.

Can't forget this though

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SoCRAswbNA]The Ralph Cifaretto Whore Tribute (The Sopranos) - YouTube[/ame]

+1 for the dude who mentioned Oz, one of the best TV series'.

18. Hard to pick a favorite, probably Paulie. I liked that Paulie didn't bitch half as much as the other characters and was usually funny. The episode with the Russian guy in the woods is hilarious. I thought Richie Aprile was pretty humorous too even though he was an asshole.

On the contrary, most hated character was Meadow's boyfriend Noah...what a fucking douche. Once Meadow and AJ got older they spent every single episode complaining about some stupid shit. Don't even get me started on Carmela...

19. I'm with you on Noah. Her other boyfriend Finn was another jerkoff if you ask me.

20. The Boss, of course