Opinion Zone: What Show Is Making The Best Television Right Now?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by MrFeelGood, Jul 25, 2014.

1. I'd have to say the channel i watch the most recently is syfy, ever since their rebranding they've gone from shitty B movies to some really cool original stuff. Mostly because they keep picking up shows that are already successful from other networks, Lost Girl, Continuum, Helix, and now Dominion. For a while it was fox, but they cancelled Fringe and Brooklyn Nine Nine and Family Guy are off the air until the next season. I feel like TNT hasn't done shit worth a damn since they cancelled leverage and amc shows are a bit overrated and theres nothing spectacular cause they spend way too much time trying to be all gritty and cinema verite and it detracts from the entertainment. 

2. Brooklyn Nine Nine wasn't canceled. It'll be back in September.

Aww. I like the shitty b movies. CGI is always so. sooooo. bad. It's endearing.

4. The Strain on FX has potential.

Grimm and Sleepy Hollow should be back on this fall.

Can't wait for Season 3 of Hannibal!

5. the finale for sleepy hollow was dope. grimm is alright, its been getting better lately

6. At this very moment there arent many good shows running but the highest quality ones would have to be The Strain and Rectify. The Bridge is another good new show with the blonde chick from national treasure and the mexican president from weeds.

7. Is wilfred still playing on AMC channel?

8. Wilfred is on FXX,cand yes it is on now. But this is the last season.

9. I'd say Game of Thrones, but im bias as fuck and a huge fan.

10. I'm looking forward to SOA and workaholics

11. Ok heres a fun one:
    Helix vs. The Strain? Which one comes out victor? Both shows unveiled entirely new monsters, on par with the undead or vampires. Helix is kind of like a hive mind of intelligent zombies, while the strain is more like a vampiritic parasite. The strain wants to suck your blood, while the vectors just wants to spread the virus as efficiently and disturbingly as possible. Both shows center around the CDC. one is in the arctic, the other is free roaming. Both shows are shot like something you might see in a graphic novel. On one side, you have Ilaria, no spoilers but theres something pretty friggin awesome about them that you find out later, and on the other is "the master" a weird but apparently telepathically connected parasite man who lives in a coffin full of dirt. The vectors have super strength, zombie rage and the ability to hijack their hosts intelligence, and getting infected is a little like being raped by disgusting goo in each of your orifices. On the other hand, the strain has the creepy factor down, relying only on some vicious ass tapeworms and a freaky toothy alien tongue thing that jams itself into your neck and drains your blood. In a world where these 2 viruses were pitted against each other and mankind was just caught in the crossfire, who would win?

12. Drunk History on comedy central.

13. I'm just waitin' till the peak season starts with Family Guy, Supernatural, Walking Dead, etc. Everybody knows that these shows are just fillers for the big boys.

Are you saying those are your top 3 favorite shows?

15. Verrry underrated show. I laughed so hard first season, and the story development nearing the end of season 1 really started to come together nicely.

16. Best shows on as of now to me are Fargo, Hell on Wheels, Halt and Catch Fire, and Falling Skies. There's always something more when you look for it.

17. HBO is far and away the best channel when it comes to producing TV shows.

Hannibal is super underrated, I don't know nearly enough people who watch it. Season 2 was spectacular. 

Fargo is really fantastic too, and obviously Game of Thrones :metal: 

My wife and I have been surprised at how gruesome Hannibal is especially since it's on regular network TV.

20. I don't know much about any of these shows. whats to like about each of them?