Anyone like Anime?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by dj_turntables16, Jan 28, 2009.

1. idk how but it turns out i'm an anime fan who's also a stoner.lol
    I love watching anime when i'm ripped outta muh dome.
    If anyone one else likes it figured we could chit chat eh?

2. I'll be the only loser who agrees with you, but yes, I like some anime. I like FLCL because it's ridiculous and Studio Ghibli films because they are ART and are made for stoners with open minds. Especially Spirited Away.

3. I will agree to anime rocks man, which ones you watch one of my favs Ninja Scroll

4. I like anime tv shows. Ben 10 tv show is my favorite anime show and i always like to watch this tv show bcox the animations are very good.

5. i don't follow much of it, but i have seen spirited away and princess mononoke. i actually saw princess mononoke yesterday because i was interested. i was kind of underwhelmed, i liked spirited away so much more

6. I like a few movies.

Metropolis
    Anything Studio Ghibli
    Akira
    Ninja Scroll
    Vampire Hunter D and the sequel (bloodlines?)
    Twilight of the Dark Master
    The Ghost in the Shell. I also like the series.

There are also a few series that I really enjoyed.

Blue Seed
    Neon Genesis
    Outlaw Star
    All of the Tenchi Muyo

7. Lol, turns out that i am one of us too. I like to watch Gankutsuou, it´s really cool while stoned, all those psychedelic colours. alsp I cant avoid talking about Ghibli movies, although i have only watched The tales of earthsea or something like that while blazed, the other ones i watched sober.

8. yea anime rocks. i like trigun, ghost in the shell, cowboy bebop, the vampire hunter d movies and the sam jackson anime afro samuri.

9. I did when I was younger,
    I include Dragonball z as somewhat anime
    and i would stay up to watch .hack//sign

10. only one i ever like was the original Dragon Ball! not DBZ or any of that crap jus original Dragon Ball in my opionion its the best anime/cartoon ever made

11. i don't like it. it doesn't interest me. now i'm gonna say this, but it is not a generalization about all of you anime fans: everyone who i knew in highschool who liked anime, they were crazy about it, and they used it as a sort of escape from reality. they weren't really popular anyway though. i don't mean every fan is. that's just my experience with it.

12. My roommate in college is real big into that shit. Comics, Anime, Manga all that shit. He got me into it kind of well mostly he got me big into american comics so much so that I was able to get a job at a comic book store. I'm not into anime so much, but my roomie buys like entire blu ray series of his fav animes, and you know I cant resist when we toke up he insists and almost begs to watch it I'll watch just about anything when I'm stoned so I'm like yeah. I got to admit alot of times I get into it death note blew my mind when I was baked so much so that we sat there smoked about an half ounce of beasters just watching the ENTIRE series.

13. Up until around January, the only thing I really had ever watched was DBZ. Around that time, I really wanted to see the original DB series, so I ended up downloading and spent about a month and half straight watching only that. Then watching all of DBZ, and now I'm a Naruto addict. Watched a couple of the Elfen Lied shows, only one I've really gotten into was the first episode though. I also have the first 10 episodes of One Pieces downloaded, but I'm dreading getting it because of how far along the series is. I've completely caught up with Shippuuden now, so I'm currently in the process of downloading all of currently released Bleach episodes so I can can start on those.

What really kept me from watching anime used to be the stigma that seems to come with it, but I said fuck. Used to HATE Japanese audio, but now, I'll take Japanese with subtitles over shitty american voice acting any day.

As far as American anime such as Ben 10 and Avatar, I've never really been able to get into them, Japanese anime tends to have a more mature focus to it, while the American stuff is extremely broken down due the harsher censoring here.

wow... really did not mean to type much.

14. Cowboy Bebop is head and shoulders above any anime that came before it or has come after. Dragon Ball is hilarious, though the later ones were not nearly as funny.

15. Yea i watch anime i've seen Scryed/Baki The grappler and alot of others

16. i do...FLCL is my favorite...but bebop,samurai champloo,outlaw star, bigo, wolfs rain, ghost in the shell,FMA and ....
    i even made this video two years ago for flcl...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAz5lh8NNzQ]YouTube - FLCL promo[/ame]
    i dont really fuck with the subs tho yellow writing sucks.

17. yo Samurai champloo is the shit also so is Afro Samurai

18. I was a pretty big anime fan a couple years ago, havn't had the time to watch some new stuff lately. I was always really really picky about what anime I watched though, I did pretty intense review checking to make sure I don't waste 26 episodes worth of my time.

19. If there is one truly great anime for stoners watch " soul eater " Best anime i've ever seen.

20. I love anime shit I even go to Afest and Akon in Dallas