Help piercing my nose.

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Lotek-Rider, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Im piercing my own nose and i can only get the hollow point needle 1/2 maybe 3/4 through. im doing it right on the border of where your nose flairs back to your face.
    Like right here. http://chicks4bloggin.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/nose_piercing_gold_stud1.jpg but by the time it was half way through my nose had the dullest/sharpest soar pain i have ever felt. Granted it took me about 15-20 minutes to get there but omg im so frustrated right now. Any tips or advice? I think i need to just jam it through but i dont want to poke the inside of my nose. :mad:

2. I couldn't help you do that! You're not here!

3. My advice would be to get a professional to do it.

4. Howabout instead of poking in.

You poke out.

So you don't stab yourself.....

Even though you're already stabbing yourself...

Hahah this is funny, you're worried about stabbing yourself while stabbing yourself!

5. I pierced my nose myself 16 years ago (and I still have it)

The last bit of skin on the inside of the nose is the hardest part. You have to just push it through.

6. Now, after the time you've spent on this, and it not getting done and the cost of the stuff you used.... you could have just went to a PROFESSIONAL piercer and paid them 20 bucks and be done with it. Then not only could you have avoided unnecessary pain, you could also have it done and finished with with less chance of your nose FALLING OFF!!! Why do people do this to themselves?! unless you're under 18, which is understandable, but if that were the case you wouldn't be allowed on here.... so either your breaking the rules, or you'd just rather potentially screw up your nose rather than pay someone a measly fee to do this.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I REALLY don't understand why people try to pierce themselves?! Can someone PLEASE explain the logic of this to me....:confused:

7. put some elbow grease into that shove and puush it thru.
    I personal have seen a few friends pierce themselves and only one came out with an infection. I went to a Pro to get my tongue piercing belly piercing and ear piercing's done.
    but if you can mange keep it clean.

8. Well i dont want to stab the inside of my nose, like the middle part.
    I got the needle, piercing, alcohol, and water/pan to boil it for FREE. I cant spend a lot of money and i think its way more personal doing it your self. And yes you are coming off as rude.

9. You can put something up your nostril so the needle has something to hit when it pokes through.

Try something semi hard that will absorb the needle, idk what maybe something a little fatter than a pencil, but definitley a little softer.

10. Look, I personally think it's a bad idea. But to each their own. Sorry for being rude. Peace?

From my personal experience working in a tattoo/piercing shop, the best way to do it is the way you are except inside your nose you need to put something to catch the needle. Most people use little corks. If you can find one that would be perfect. (Craft store. Maybe a dollar for one or something like that) you could also try using something like stryafoam from an old electronic box and just cutting it down to size. It's going to be painful at the end when you push it through no matter what (I've had mine done about 3 times. So I know)

Anyway, sorry for the rudeness.

11. haha peace, its all good.

12. this. it works like a charm

13. [​IMG]

14. on a side note, im gonna try and do it again tonight. Would it be a bad idea to try and pierce the rest of the hole i got last night?

15. It's like 15$ to go get it pierced @ a shop......

16. yah... I have a limited bank account right now. How am i supposed to buy weed???

17. Ha.

Well then

I guess your s.o.l. then until you just shove it through.
    Lots of people pierce shit by themselves and figure out how not to fuck up.

18. Im not to worried about shoving it through but what about on the same spot i tried to last night?

19. I wouldn't that spot is going to be really sore and tender. It's probably going to feel almost unbearable. I would suggest the other side, or even a little more toward the tip of your nose. The first nose piercing I had was way back there and everything was fine until I tried wearing one of the nose studs with the ball at the other end... I think since the skin there is so much thicker, the skin starts to just grow around the ball then you have to cut it out.... which REALLY hurts! :(