Need Ideas For A Tatoo Cover Up (Help)

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by purplesmoke380, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Okay, so basically when i was 13 i got fucked on a tattoo. I mean BAD. Its not scarred or anything, its just a crackheads unfinished piece of shit. I was a little bit of a crazy kid, and i got my first piercing and tat at 13, along with alot of other firsts lol. I just need ideas to cover a tat on my right shoulder extending to a few inches above my elbow. Anything lion/hippie/ nature related stuff is what im goin for, but im open to suggestions.

Back story to the bullshit:

Theres not really much to it, i fell asleep at a guys house drunk, stoned, and on other stuff, and woke up with a hang over and some shitty ink. In the last five years ive straightened my life out and stuck to just herbage, but obviously i regret it. I mean its not like i could walk into a tattoo parlor at 13 and say cover this shit lol.

Again pictures and suggestion for basic ideas are appreciated, just keep in mind that it will be a base to start a sleeve, soo yeah :p thanks in advance blades!

"I smoke blunts to take the pain away, if i wasn't high id probably blow my brains away"

2. A big black diamond.

Seriously, you have to show your shitty tat and let your shame flow if you're going to ask for help.  What are we covering up?

3. I agree with this ^ guy. We need to see what is being covered.

4. try getting a tatoo of a salvador dali painting, like the melting clocks, or st francis on the cross.  i doubt many artist could even do that. what are u covering up? tribal?  stars and stripes if u are gon ho.  there are so many things but what determines what will be best is what are u covering up, how big, colors etc

5. Id honestly want to avoid showing the tat, because i fucking hate it. Its like if you imagined a crack head with a tattoo gun.

"I smoke blunts to take the pain away, if i wasn't high id probably blow my brains away"

6. I have dragons, lots of them. They are good luck. :)

7. Dude you have to show us. I otherwise how can we know how to help you

Sent from my SM-G900I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You could check out DeviantArt's tattoo design section for ideas.

Search for "lion" or "nature" or whatever else. If you can sort through all the obnoxiously tribal stuff, there's some really interesting work in there. 

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404369931.802111.jpg

Yay my biggest embarrassment is on the internet for strangers to criticize :D

10. #11 bongtokes6200, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    looks like you just drew that with a pen

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. It's a scratcher tattoo of course it's going to look like that lol.

12. I 'unno now, with your small bio in the OP...  Your tat kinda suits you dewd.

13. Look guys, im just looking for suggestions on a decent cover. Its not that dark, or scarred. Im getting it covered soon, as soon as i can come up with an idea lol. Preferably pictures 😁

14. now that i see theat go with a grim reaper graveyard black trees shit

15. Im not much on the darkness side of things, least of all a permanent life decision.

16. A huge colorful octopus would make a good cover.