Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Great storage method for buds (Bubblegum pics attached!)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Superchiller, Mar 12, 2010.

1. #1 Superchiller, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    Hey GC :wave:, first post. Just wanted to mention a good long-term weed storage option, which I haven't seen mentioned much in the forums.

I know a lot of people know about regular vacuum sealing using the special foodsaver-style bags (which are great), but there is a similar, but better (IMO) option that people should consider. That is, using the specialized vacuum seal canisters, such as those made by Tilia/Foodsaver. Using the canisters prevents crushing or compressing of the delicate buds, and keeps them in great shape for a much longer amount of time, vs. the bag/compress method. In the past I've used the bag sealing method, but the buds were typically smashed flat, and although they were air-free, they were really squashed and over time they looked pretty sad (all the beautiful outside trichs and hairs were smashed, and it didn't stay as fresh IMO).

Storage of the sealed containers should be in a cool, dark place that is fairly stable in terms of humidity (not a refrigerator or freezer, as I think those cause problems such as freezer burn, herb damage, and humidity buildup). Obviously exposure to sun or light is not good, and the general temperature where they are stored should be very cool if possible.

I recently saw a friend's sealed container opened after many months of storage, and the herbs were still in near-perfect form, no mold or musty odors, still fresh and looking great, and not dried out. I took a picture of one of his canisters so you can see how it looks. The herb held up beautifully, and I think if properly stored, this method will preserve buds for quite a long time with no problems (many months, and even possibly a year or more). See attached pic of one such container . . . I think this one contains Bubblegum.

Peace out and hope this helps . . . especially for those who need a good storage solution that preserves your buds longer-term. I know Mason Jars are a great storage method, but the air in the jars will degrade the buds over time (and dry them out), although the Foodsaver supposedly has an option to vacuum seal certain types of mason jars that are typically used for vegetables, jellies, etc (the jars with a 2-part lid).

Attached Files:

2. Here are a few pics of one of the big Bubblegum buds my friend had, he said it weighed in at almost 6g!

Attached Files:

3. Neat idea, and the bud looks dank :D

4. Thanks . . . the Bubblegum weed he's been getting varies a little by batch I guess . . . that big bud was fluffy and green with lots of red hairs, very light and not compact. But he got another batch that was a little different, more amber colored and it looks a little more potent. I am wondering if one batch was grown or cured better than another one? Anyone have ideas or opinions? Here is a pic of a bud from the previous batch he got:

Attached Files:

5. The quality and characteristics of a particular strain will always be different, becuase of different phenotypes and growing techniques, as well as curing, trimming etc. TBH, that is one of the best things about bud in my opinion.