Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

$5/5minute DIY Kief Press {step x step pictorial}

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Deleted member 86623, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Hey GC, I'm sure many of you know how to do this, but since my grinder had plenty of kief in it, I pressed some tablets today and took some pictures along the way. Now you can easily sprinkle kief over a bowl, so why press tablets? First off, you don't have to worry about it falling through like when it's powdery. Also, once you light it, it will stay cherried so it's perfect for blazing bowls with.
    So onto the guide,

Tools/materials:
    - xacto/hobby blade
    - small piece of paper/card
    - round pencil (8mm diameter)
    - Zebra M-301 Mechanical Pencil
    [​IMG]

Dis-assembly:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gather that kief!
    [​IMG]

*optional* if you are meticulous/anal like me there is A LOT of kief that gets stuck all over the grinder if you take the time to scrape it out, I was able to press one whole tablet from just kief I collected from everywhere other than the kief chamber.
    [​IMG]

Funnel into mech. pencil cylinder:
    [​IMG]

Press straight down firmly for 10-15 seconds:
    [​IMG]

Voila:
    [​IMG]

now go smoke that enjoy some highly concentrated thc :smoking:

2. Wow, that's a very simple method. +rep

3. Looks pretty legit but if you try to break the kief into smaller pieces does it just crumble or stay together??

4. Not sure why you would want to break it up (since you just pressed it:)) but I can tell you that if you use a clean sharp blade you won't have any problems. I try not to touch any of it with my hands.

But as far as the tablets "structural integrity" it stays together well, ie. it won't crumble or fall apart when you pick it up and pack it in a bowl.

5. O ok cool just cause if I didnt want to smoke the whole thing at once to the face.

6. nice idea man! thats great

7. Ah, I see now. Keep in mind you can press a larger amount into a tablet just as easily as a 1 hitter tablet. I smoked 2 tablets earlier today, got about 4 good rips off my bubbler with each. And because it's pressed, I just cornered it on the first hit then it just cherried through the whole thing.

8. Thanks guys, always glad to share what I know with fellow blades.

9. Good tutorial, and I'm not trying to be a dick but I remember seeing this exact tutorial (same pencil n shit) before, so if you just redid his you might wanna give him credit. Not doggin you or anything as I appreciate the guide just thought I'd throw it out there.

10. I've seen a couple tutorials as well and they are all pretty much the same (same pencil because it just happens to be the one perfect model ;)) Back in hs (when I first got the pencil) I would always take it apart/play with it in class so it just kinda dawned on me when I saw pics of a kief presser online. I never thought I was the only that came up with the idea :)

edit: I searched gc and found a video tutorial on the same thing, I like pictures better though. lol

11. yeah that was it, the video one haha. I couldn't find it when I searched.
    It's all good, I'm gonna get one of those pencils eventually.
    I want to make a one hitter from it that would be cool.

12. those pen's double so nicely for a pipe.

13. ur just sharing a great idea, who cares about who gets credit. good tutorial

14. Can you get the pencil at staples? I really dont wanna order a pencil online lol
    Still its a great tut and I plan on using this in the near future.

15. Yes, you should be able to find these at any office supply store.

16. smart idea +rep

17. neato +rep

18. Zebra pencil, great choice, gonna have to do this next chance I get.

+rep:smoke:

19. Thanks guys, let me see how those kief tablets come out.

20. can someone post the video