The new age movement has two sides.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by untamedlion33, Mar 23, 2012.

1. there is the happy go lucky hippy dippy every one is your buddy side and the realistic side. The trouble with the new age movement is people like to hear nice things, even in things that are not so nice. Yes we are coming into the new age of aquarius but step away from your fantasy and look at what is as of right now. Theres alot of talk of a NWO, what it suggests is ,like every age in the history of man, the age of aquarius will start with blood. Obama has killed more soldiers than any American president before him. Pharmaceutical companies are making alot of money by scamming us. Every tv show, commercial, movie, etc is very much designed to program your mind using subliminal messaging. Constantly companies and people are being more and more regulated. China has even decided to name the next dali lama so to control there people at every angle. Internet censorship, the constitution is very compromisable, ... the list can go on...

What i'm saying is there are many reasons to be hopefull and optimistic of the coming age, but beware that you are living at the begging, and it will start as a very dark time. You have 2000 years for each age. the first 100 of those years is always chaotic, war like, plauges break out, governments corrupt, religion changes.... this has been observed in history why would now be any different? It's very important that you remain skeptical of everything you read about or watch particularly if it involves the new age. The reason being is nothing is concrete not even science and particularly prophesy. So next time you write a post celebrating the new age, stop and think that your sources are talking about something coming 3 generations after you are dead. Thats potentially 3 incarnations before you even see it. Stop and think is this guy a wack job selling crock pot science to make me feel good or does this guy have a legitimate argument?

If you are not aware of this then you are a fool and you deserve what ever may happen to you simply because it will.

2. Where I can find proof of the age of aquarius starting in blood?

Because I read a book on black arts (which explained the evil in astrology in one part) and it said the age of aquarius is a time where we all come together not fight?

3. 'we' has never included the poor (us 99%).

4. [quote name='"OtherWorldlyGuy"']Where I can find proof of the age of aquarius starting in blood?

Because I read a book on black arts (which explained the evil in astrology in one part) and it said the age of aquarius is a time where we all come together not fight?[/quote]

War on terrorism, codex alimentarius, cancer research, there's many things. Like I said its just starting. We all come together sure but first there must be a collapse. The wise can see how that's lining up where fools will follow blindly.

5. The same place you can find "proof" for any new age claim....in your imagination.....:p

To the OP:
    Do you really think that everything in the modern world is so bad? What frame of reference are you using? It has always seemed to me that, when put into a proper historical context, present living conditions for the vast majority of the world are wayyyyyyyyy better than they have ever been before.

Of course all kinds of corruption, injustice and general misery are still rampant and of course we should do all that we can to further remedy those ills. But I don't think we need to scare ourselves into doing that via false pessimism. In reality, violence has gone down pretty consistently throughout all of human history. Personal freedoms have gone up. Cooperation has gone up. Life expectancy has gone up. Pain and suffering have gone down. None of this is really controversial; these are historical facts.

Why not motivate ourselves to make the world a better place by acknowledging that we, as a species, have more than enough power to better our own situation? Why turn a blind eye to the fact that this is what we have been doing for as long as we have existed? Yes, we must take a good hard look at all of the evils of the world that we see around us in order to best remedy them, but to claim that everything is getting so bad for humanity these days is to belie a gross misunderstanding of human history.

If cooperation and peace and whatnot are what you value, then you must conclude that, on the whole, things are on the upswing and always have been.

I would argue that both sides of the "New Age" camp would do well to meet somewhere in the middle.

6. [quote name='"Meursault"']
    The same place you can find "proof" for any new age claim....in your imagination.....:p

To the OP:
    Do you really think that everything in the modern world is so bad? What frame of reference are you using? It has always seemed to me that, when put into a proper historical context, present living conditions for the vast majority of the world are wayyyyyyyyy better than they have ever been before.

Of course all kinds of corruption, injustice and general misery are still rampant and of course we should do all that we can to further remedy those ills. But I don't think we need to scare ourselves into doing that via false pessimism. In reality, violence has gone down pretty consistently throughout all of human history. Personal freedoms have gone up. Cooperation has gone up. Life expectancy has gone up. Pain and suffering have gone down. None of this is really controversial; these are historical facts.

Why not motivate ourselves to make the world a better place by acknowledging that we, as a species, have more than enough power to better our own situation? Why turn a blind eye to the fact that this is what we have been doing for as long as we have existed? Yes, we must take a good hard look at all of the evils of the world that we see around us in order to best remedy them, but to claim that everything is getting so bad for humanity these days is to belie a gross misunderstanding of human history.

If cooperation and peace and whatnot are what you value, then you must conclude that, on the whole, things are on the upswing and always have been.

I would argue that both sides of the "New Age" camp would do well to meet somewhere in the middle.[/quote]

I think you mistake my meaning in this post. I'm already aware u guys know all about how great the new age but I'm pointing out the part you guys seem to be missing. The fact is for all of the cures for cancer that has been discovered none of them have received corporate sponsorship in order to get through the FDA approval. The un's policies are very much geared to starving out countries by not just eliminating nutritional value but also force very poor farmers to buy exspensive equipment they do not need and can't afford. Wage slavery is every whare and no one gives a shit. The war on the middle class puts much of America into a cycle of poverty. When you know these things and how they work it is very clear to see we are entering a new age. The writing on the wall is in every newspaper. The problem is these things are too big to stop unless they completely crash. The day conspiracy theories start to look like there's something legitimit to it (which is now) is the day our generation and our children's generation should start to worry. Not because the new age is upon us but because we are not gonna go to a happy place anytime soon.

My point is don't be over zealous.

7. I think it was just las week I was reading about the FBI labeling our malitia groups as terrorists and shutting them down. This is key because those groups are there to protect us from the government should the government become curropt. These groups are ment to be seperate from the government not controlled by them as the constitution out lines. However in there stead many state governments have put the national guard in charge which is under there control. Not only is it unconstitutional but it suggests the government wants complete attonomy... Which is communism.

Additionally do you have any idea how easy it is to get on the terrorist list? All you have to do is have the same name as someone on the list. Or for the matter own a gun or smoke lot and get cought. FEMA camps are not piping up because the government has extra money to throw away they're there for a reason...

If you want to know all about the coming age... Read Forbes

8. Whoa whoa whoa don't go lumping me in with a "u guys" lmao. For the record, I think both sides of the camp are full of shit.

But to reiterate, I'm not saying that you're wrong and they're right. Just like I said, I would argue that both sides of the "New Age" camp would do well to meet somewhere in the middle. There's some validity to both views, but each ultimately relies on a blindness to certain realities.

9. [quote name='"Meursault"']
    Whoa whoa whoa don't go lumping me in with a "u guys" lmao. For the record, I think both sides of the camp are full of shit.

But to reiterate, I'm not saying that you're wrong and they're right. Just like I said, I would argue that both sides of the "New Age" camp would do well to meet somewhere in the middle. There's some validity to both views, but each ultimately relies on a blindness to certain realities.[/quote]

Then what do you believe?

10. i don't know.. i have been indenial about life and future of america and the world for that matter! i have just started researching fema camps. Our future is almost horrifying. obviously we have more paths than being led into a gas chamber, but how is the question? i'm almost even nervous to even be talking about it? shittt

11. [quote name='"namaste17"']i don't know.. i have been indenial about life and future of america and the world for that matter! i have just started researching fema camps. Our future is almost horrifying. obviously we have more paths than being led into a gas chamber, but how is the question? i'm almost even nervous to even be talking about it? shittt[/quote]

Lol it's pretty scary stuff

12. I dont care.....what ever happens just happens you should enjoy everyday like its your last and learn not worry so much and be happy that you got to live in your body as long as you did.

13. agreed, to an extent. but i havent yet mastered "monk-like" peace of mind where nothing can interrupt it. yes we will all die, inevitably, but if i can personally change whether it will be in a gas chamber among many others gettin slaughtered, or something "more natural" you can bet your ass i will do my best to try.. yes balance is a part of life and with every good there shall be evil, i'm just tryin to gain support on the good side :)

14. nah man, too many of us.. civil war over freedom. lets hope history has taught our armsmen well.. dont lead people into concentration camps!!

they put japs in camps during WWII..

white man is a crazy sum'bitch

15. Why is astrology evil?

16. wow now that is scary. to me that is confirmation.. where can i read about this wat source u get this from?

17. this is not only about u it is more for the ppl who are yet to come.. fight for ur childrens future to be free and peaceful

18. #18 2danks, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    [quote name='"progenitor04"']

this is not only about u it is more for the ppl who are yet to come.. fight for ur childrens future to be free and peaceful[/quote]

Who said it was only about me? Also what can I do to stop something I have no control over

19. [quote name='"2danks"']

Who said it was only about me? Also what can I do to stop something I have no control over[/quote]

Well it sounds like ur jus gonna give in, and not try and fight back so wat else am i suppose to think

20. [quote name='"xpixiex"']
    Why is astrology evil?[/quote]

It's not that astrology is evil.

The book just talked about the history of astrology and how it was used negatively in the past by people who wanted to harm others, etc