Barney's Tangerine Dream

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by pitbull420, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Strain: Barney's Tangerine Dream

Growth: Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Perlite 20% added.

Light: 600 Watt HPS/MH

Nutes: GH nutes with FF Beasty blooms/Cha Ching

Yield:
    Average 2.5 per plant

Bag Appeal: 2/10
    -Truely not a very appealing strain..

Smell: 1/10
    - Smells more like cucumbers then Tangerines lol!!! The smell improves with a nice long cure but still nothing worth talking about..

Taste: -1/10
    -This is the worst tasting shit I've ever personally grown.. I've run it twice and both times it was the same thing..

The High: 5/10
    -Probably the only good thing about this strain.. Potency is good and definately improves over time but really not worth the time it takes to grow it out!!!

Comments:
    -Overall she was very touchy when it came to nutes and was a very slow grower.. She took almost 3 weeks just to show sex.. I've grown out alot of strains and this is hands down the worst I've ever personally grown.. Let me put it this way I disliked it so much I gave the 5 oz's I had away to a friend of mine and he gave it back lol... Truly don't understand how this strain took the Cannabis cup.. IMO I don't think it should even have been entered.. I realize some people may not like and/or agree with this report but this is my honest OPINION from my own personal experience..

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      779 KB
      Views:
    • 110.JPG
      110.JPG
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Those buds look nice.

I've read some good and bad some reoprts for this strain which is a shame as I really like some of Barney's strains. I think thier Blue Cheese is the best out there but Im not happy with some fo thier stuff like cherry berry or red dragon.

Thanks for the heads up, I gave up on the cup a while ago now :smoke:

3. Yeah the buds looked alright and while growing I was actually excited to harvest thinking I had some top notch bud.. Boy was I wrong lol!!! As far as barney's goes this was the first strain Besides Top dawg (Bought 2 seeds neither germinated) so I really can't say much about them but I do have Sweet Tooth going now and plan on picking up some Blue Cheese very soon..

4. :wave: You should be alright with sweet tooth, that one of the better strains for sure :D.

I've tried lots of Barney's strains, some even in the coffee shops. IMO Blue Cheese, LSD, and Sweet Tooth are the best. I also like their Red Diesel even though it isn't a true diesel strain at all :smoke:

5. Wiz; have you grown BF's LSD? I plan on ordering some seeds, just wondering if it has a decent yeild and flavor? I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with the high if the names and descriptions are correct (although I realise "psychedelic" is a very limited term for ganja).

6. Many times :D I notice a few blades on here have grown it.

Yeild was good , smell and taste was good and the high was very nice. Its mostly indica, not actually that trippy IMO but one of the better femmed strains for sure. I've had better since but I'd grow it again no problem :smoke:

7. Hey im growing it now. It reeks like oranges. Looks amazing and is almost ready no complaints. Smells amazing

8. LSD or Tangerine dream?

9. Seems like it was a huge let down from the report. That is pretty shitty. Wonder maybe if it was just the pheno you got?

Either way, nice report again.

10. Weird, I'm growing a Barney's Farm LSD plant right now too, it is from a pack of seeds that I bought 5 years ago or so. Germed in about 2 days, is now 2 weeks old and sitting in a 5 gallon bucket under my sun (a 400HPS and a 400MH combination) with it's brothers and sisters...the others are 'reg' seeds as I prefer them usually. It's a dark green, vigorous little thing.

Sorry, this thread became a Tangerine-LSD thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea my bad pitbull...

12. That's What I figured after the first grow.. That's why I tried it again with new seeds and all three plants (on this last round) were a huge let down also.. I'm really not Trying to stop anyone from giving it a shot themselves just giving my honest opinion of what I consider to be a shitty strain and a overall huge waste of time!!

It's all good. I'm actually very interested in seeing peolpes opinion and/or experiences with Barney's LSD.. I've considered picking it up a couple times but still haven't got around to it..

It's all good!!

13. I also am not trying to deter any one from growing this strain but willa gree from experience growing Barneys TD that it's nothing special. I bet there are a few dank phenos out there, but my seeds failed to germ (alongside TGA's that all sprouted healthily) and the one that did is the least appealing plant I have.... additionally I have contacted Barney's bringing these things to their attention a few times with no reply. Bad rep for that strain. But i've seen some of the pther barney's mentioned above around the GC and they look nice.

14. Hearing that you've grown it twice now with disappointing results is shitty.

But now people have a heads up about it, and the risk.

Once again, nice review.

15. I grew out this same strain, only two of the 5 seeds popped. I had heard some bad reviews on it before but thought maybe it was a bad batch, nope, it's a bad strain. Of the two seeds that popped one of them took almost 12 weeks to finish and no joke, one of them we let go for 15/16 weeks and never finished. It was an ugly shitty bush that never made buds. I have no clue how it won the cup but the testers dont have a blind sample, they know the strains before they smoke it and I have a feeling that had a lot to do with it

16. i got 5 seeds of barneys tg and only 4 sprouted. theyve been on 12/12 for about 2 weeks now and theyre barely starting to bud. they look healthy though. i hope im not wasting time, space electricity and nutes on it like u did.

17. I really hope u have a better outcome then I did. Personally I wouldn't grow this strain again if some one paid me lol. Waste of time, money and space IMO.

18. mine r starting to get a strong citrus smell. but its not frosty like the rest of my other strains. i was expecting some bling on it like what the description said. it said it was suppose to be over 20%. smells good though. kinda like the lemon skunk from gh and a royal purple kush pheno that i got from emerald triangle. i hope it turns out just as tasty.

19. So how did your TD turn out?

20. Glad I ran into this old thread!

I have room for two more plants in my veg room n I have 4 clones 2 are sweet Tooth and 2 are Tangerine Dream.

I have grown sweet tooth before outdoors. And I was very happy with the outcome. But I heard Td was a cup winner. I did some research and 85 percent of feedback was negative. Then I seen your thread. Thanks I'm putting in my two sweet Tooth with my 3 purple berry clones:)